Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Anyone know of a hotel within reasonable distance to Shepperton Studios?

si
    Participant

Me and my sister have booked rooms at the Sunbury Travelodge. It’s only 7 mins by train to Shepperton station, and the rooms were only £12. We’re not expecting the Titan Hilton, but it’s only for the one night.

Jo
    Participant

A few of the TORDFC team are staying here: http://www.anchorhotel.co.uk/

redhead85
    Participant

Ah yes! FluffyWok and I were thinking of staying there too – looks nice!

clem
    Participant

Quite a few of the reviews I read were pretty unfavourable but I’m staying there the night of the last recording anyway because it’s fairly cheap. (I’m not usually tighter than an Italian waiter’s keks but it’s nearly Xmas and I had train fares to pay as well etc bah humbug.) The Warren Lodge hotel, also in Church Square, looks a bit better but is more expensive.

Jo
    Participant

The rest of the team stayed at The Anchor when we went to Shepperton for BTE, they’re all happy to return there so it can’t be that bad! I find that online hotel reviews can be a little one sided, people are always ready and willing to have a good rant about a bad experience, less often they’ll rave about an exceptional stay… but if it was just fine and did the job, people seem less bothered about reviewing that. It’s just not as much fun to write!

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

Staying at The Anchor for the Final Recording Date. it seems to be the closest, Reasonably Priced and recommended By Several People.

clem
    Participant

I think you’re probably right about the reviews, SingingPotato, and even if it’s a shit hole now it’s only for one night.

Anyone going to the last recording fancy meeting up?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Anyone going to the last recording fancy meeting up?

Aye, there will be a few of us at that date so we should meet up with as many G&Ters as possible.

I’ll be there on the 23rd if anyone fancies meeting up for a post dwarf pint.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I honestly didn’t think I would be able to get hold of a ticket. However, two absolute heroes whom I can not praise highly enough have stepped forward and I will now be going to next Fridays filming (23rd Dec)

So, the Anchor Hotel room is now booked and I have no doubt what-so-ever that I will be sitting at a bar somewhere near Shepperton Studio’s on the night trying to spot “Lets get out there and twat it!” Tee shirts.

You can’t miss me. Due to a rather unfortunate hereditary condition, I now have no choice but to shave my head. And I have a reasonably long and mostly greying beard. (No ‘tache or sides…just the chin…)

Please say hello if I am looking lonely….and check for a pulse if I look dead! :)

Claire
    Participant

Do you have the phone number of this hotel? I mean the Sunbury Travelodge. I’m trying to get last-minute accommodation as there aren’t any overnight coaches back to where I live.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster
    Claire
    Participant

I guess I asked for that, but I have already tried. The question was directed at Si since he said he’s staying there. :)

Ian Symes
    Keymaster
    si
    Participant

Sorry, Claire. Yeah, that second link Ian’s kindly provided should get you there, in it’s roundabout way. Our rooms (for next month) were only £12, though that was part of a special offer. The lowest price is usually £19, which is still pretty dirt cheap for a bed for for the night.

Claire
    Participant

Thanks for the link, Ian (although not the sarcasm). :p Hotel room booked.

Thanks for replying, Si. :)

I’m booked into Sunbury Travellodge too. Is it wrong that I feel like a giddy schoolgirl?

Ridley
    Participant

There could be legal implications depending on the age of the involved parties.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.