Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum I'm going to have to be the one to post this aren't I?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I saw this a while ago on twitter and thought someone else would have brought it up by now me but I guess it’s up to me to lower the tone: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pink-Dwarf-Infinity-Welcomes-Drivers-ebook/dp/B01IMJYUTM/

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

DICK BUSH.

(deleted)
    Participant

The writer’s not really called Dick Bush.

It’s a gestalt pseudonym, for Fat Dick and Hairy Bush.

JamesTC
    Participant

The crew are all exotic dancers and we meet Deb Lister, who is caught by her Manager, Reginald Rimmer sucking off customers in the private booths! She’s sent to stasis for the rest of the ship’s tour without pay.

I see they’ve remained faithful to the original text. I’m sure Grant Naylor would have approved.

(deleted)
    Participant

Dirty pop quiz – identify the three penetrative sex scenes in real, official Red Dwarf and where they are to be found.

JamesTC
    Participant

Last Human, Backwards (novel) and Back in the Red?

(deleted)
    Participant

I discounted Back In The Red as it is only implied. Also didn’t count AR games or the offscreen sex in Parallel Universe. Or the vending machine in X. Oh yes, I thought this one through.

But you are correct, and there are two (arguably three if you count the ending) in Last Human, and one in Backwards. All are rapes. Oh, that wacky Red Dwarf!

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

Is Dick Bush canon?!

I wonder if Pink Dwarf contains as many gaping holes!

Etc.!

peas_and_corn
    Participant

I’m impressed he included a reference to the VHS releases.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

By virtue of seeing the synopsis of the second volume (yes, there’s a second volume) on Tumblr, I have discovered that the computer in these books is called “Hab”.

Give the guy credit, he knows his RD lore.

(deleted)
    Participant

Of course, they’re *all* white holes by the time I’ve finished with them, Stew.

Paul Muller
    Participant

For my money, no-one writes a sex scene like Rob Grant.

Ridley
    Participant

Byte Two also using a P2P haytch on its cover.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

We’re going to have to review these, aren’t we?

si
    Participant

We’re going to have to review these, aren’t we?

Like you’ve not read them a billion times before. Grab your handy andies on the way.

Ridley
    Participant

Cappsy was living and working in the United States when Pink Dwarf was first published. And it wasn’t until 2016 on a return to the UK that switching libraries one night he came in the midde of this book, clearly an erotica, and at once to his horror and outrage what he thought he saw was a ripoff of Women Love Girth

A Bailey
    Participant

I discounted Back In The Red as it is only implied. Also didn’t count AR games or the offscreen sex in Parallel Universe. Or the vending machine in X. Oh yes, I thought this one through.
    But you are correct, and there are two (arguably three if you count the ending) in Last Human, and one in Backwards. All are rapes. Oh, that wacky Red Dwarf!

I’m very hesitant to reply to this, since discussing the particulars of sexual encounters in Red Dwarf spin off media is one step away from keeping peoples hair in jars, but how do you figure that?

Backwards is implied to be consensual (if terrifying and ending as badly as it’s possible for any consensual encounter to end) while Last Human has two encounters between Lister and Kochanski, and one between Lister and a GELF.

I’ll give you Lister and the GELF, and the first Lister/Kochanski encounter (since once she realised it wasn’t her version of Lister it would have been awful) but that brings us to 2/4.

Christ, I’ve just done a statistical analysis on the consensual nature of sexual encounters in Red Dwarf novels, time to log off the net for the night I think.

(deleted)
    Participant

Ha. I didn’t include the end of Last Human in that.

It was basically a gag, but re: Backwards:
    (i) following the Cat’s perspective, the woman Cat has sex with is unaware he has a barbed cat penis which will tear through her genitalia, which would define non-consensual activity;
    (ii) following the logic of Backworld, she first screams for help, then the Cat begins by violently assaulting her, then has enthusiastic sex with her.

Hey, Red Dwarf fans, if the Cat goes regularly into a catatonic heat as per his species, a member of the ship’s number would have to awkwardly wank him off to stop his agony. If the author of Pink Dwarf is reading, have that one on me.

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

Hey Darrell. Cat is Felix sapiens isn’t he, so it’s hard to know for sure but he’s probably got it covered.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Perhaps we should do a Scuttercast review?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.