Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Is Mr. Bean retarded?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    ThatSmegheadRimmer
    Participant

The character is quite strange ( I know he’s supposed to be ) and I was wondering if he’s retarded? Oh and for that matter, I really think Rimmer has Aspberger’s. He has so many passions nobody cares about, is left out of things, has obsessive knowledge on certain subjects, he really reminds me of me.
    “Mutants out, Chameleonic life forms, No thanks! And if that’s not enough, then I don’t know what will be.”

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Phil
    Participant

Man, I’m getting good at knowing who posted what thread of utter bullshit before I even click!

What’s the bit at the start of Mr Bean all about? Is he being thrown out of a UFO? Is he an alien or did the aliens just regret abducting him? When I was younger I thought he was being rejected from heaven.

ThatSmegheadRimmer
    Participant

I always thought he had died and been dumped out, so yeah rejected from Heaven. I didn’t mean to be rude about the condition either, I didn’t know retarded wasn’t in use anymore. :/ I guess I should have said “Does Mr. Bean have Down Syndrome? And if not, why not?”

si
    Participant

No. Don’t do that.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Jason. I’m not saying this applies to the reality of the live action series. But Mr Bean is shown to be an alien at the end of the cartoon series, in the last episode when a ship full of clones come to pick him back up, which is a link to the original title sequence.

Phil
    Participant

“I didn’t know retarded wasn’t in use anymore.”

Are you from the past?

Ridley
    Participant

Okay, okay, give me one more look at the thread– OH GOD! OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Something something something Derek something Ricky Gervais something autism something something slightly different in a “mockumentary” something something something Mr Bean something something sketch-based comedy something something but in the movie something something something.

There.

redhead85
    Participant

ThatSmegheadRimmer – you intimate in your original post you have Asperger’s Syndrome? I know this may mean you find it a bit harder to understand that sometimes what you’re saying may be offensive to others. Depends on your spectrum level.

Down’s Syndrome is a chromosome disorder that can cause varying levels of learning difficulty but is also coupled with the characteristic physical features. So, no. Mr Bean doesn’t have Downs Syndrome.

I also used to think he was being chucked out of heaven as a kid!

Bexley Heath
    Participant

Oh, ThatSmegheadRimmer. Remember when I said “you’ve got a lot to learn”, and you said “I know, but it’ll be fun finding out”?

I… really wish you’d been right.

*cuddles Asperger’s diagnosis and weeps quietly*

anniescribe
    Participant

Aren’t we all from the past? Neil Tyson would likely say so.

/ponders

redhead85
    Participant

I’m looking forward to the day when I can offend my grandchildren.

ThatSmegheadRimmer
    Participant

Asperger’s isn’t that bad of a thing to have, it just means you look at things differently and you’re smart- I think Albert Einstein had it- but it also means sometimes you don’t know when you’re being offensive and this is one of those times. Sometimes I just like diagnosing characters fictional or otherwise with disorders for fun ( I know, I’m weird) and.. this wasn’t a good example. XD Sorry.

ThatSmegheadRimmer
    Participant

On another note, my username was right- I can’t wait for every time I smeg something up and my username says “ThatSmegHeadRimmer”. :rollseyes:

Pecospete666
    Participant

Ask me if I care?

Bexley Heath
    Participant

Asperger’s isn’t that bad of a thing to have

Indeed not. It’s never caused me any problems.

Ridley
    Participant

What about that time there was a Mr. Bean thread posted on G&T that made you quietly weep?

peas_and_corn
    Participant

I like the parts of your posts that are obscured slightly by your username

ThatSmegheadRimmer
    Participant

Could you guys please not be so hard on me? Honestly, 85 percent of what happens on Red Dwarf is MUCH worse than this, and I’ve pretty much lost my desire to be here. So thanks… for nothing.

Ridley
    Participant

It was Jonsmad, wasn’t it? He put you off.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

ADIOS

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Phil
    Participant

I don’t know how much time you invested in making that, Seb, but it was worth every second.

Blisschick
    Participant

Genius.

> Mr Bean is shown to be an alien at the end of the cartoon series, in the last episode when a ship full of clones come to pick him back up

Now you mention it, I think I vaguely remember seeing this.If you choose to accept this as cannon, it adds a whole other layer to watching old Mr Bean episodes.

> I’ve pretty much lost my desire to be here. So thanks… for nothing.

Sounds like a new recommendation to me!

Phil
    Participant

I hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.