Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum MO2nty PythO2n

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jonsmad
    Participant

Hoorah! I didn’t expect to go and bloody win a Mirror.co.uk competition!!!!

Letter states this…

Your prize includes:

* Meet and Greet with the Monty Python in a dedicated Room
    * 2 drinks
    * Photo opportunity with at least of the Monty Python cast members
    * Signing of your show programme
    * Monty Python Merchandise

So wow I get to erm meet the actual Monty Python! himself! in a Room dedicated to something, perhaps it’s dedicated to Reginald Maudlin. But who is “at least of the Monty Python cast” though? Does that mean I get a photo with the crappest one? Based on the alan carr show the drinks are probably for wearing.

I’m really hoping to meet Graham Chapman’s Ashes the most and ask them what they thought of Ruby Wax nicking his role in Red Dwarf.

Having paid £100 to sit and witness an old people’s home turned into a musical, im now delighted and thrilled this has really made my year already, to get to meet them (Mostly) Live.

Letter also states.

* Show programme must be bought in order to be signed.

Tight gits!

Pecospete666
    Participant

BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Great win!
    Post some photos!

si
    Participant

Wow. That is a prize and a half, congratulations.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

You lucky bastard!

Alex
    Participant

some_text

Ridley
    Participant

I’m really hoping to meet Graham Chapman’s Ashes the most and ask them what they thought of Ruby Wax nicking his role in Red Dwarf.

See, if I was you I would ask: “Can I play with Madness?”

si
    Participant

So, which night was it? And how good (or not) was it? You weren’t the bloke I saw on the telly last night, on the front row looking thoroughly disinterested, refusing to clap along to the songs? Or the other bloke I saw yawning..?

Ridley
    Participant

Thought it was a bit unfair of them to call you a green midget before the spam sketch, Simon.

Ridley
    Participant

This song is not as racist as Taiwan Tonys.

*taps*

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Hoorah! I didn’t expect to go and bloody win a Mirror.co.uk competition!!!!

NOBODY expects the Mirror competition.

si
    Participant

Thought it was a bit unfair of them to call you a green midget before the spam sketch, Simon.

Yes, I actually Tweeted about that. Not nice at all.

NOBODY expects the Mirror competition.

If this was Facebook, I’d’ve Liked that.

Jonsmad
    Participant
    Jonsmad
    Participant

So I had an amazing day. The night of the penultimate Python show. The Gumby handkerchief look seemed too obvious for me, I thought that there would be masses of Gumbys there, (Handkerchiefs are fairly easy to knot etc, indeed they were even selling them at the merchandise stall.) So I was looking for something completely different, and still python, but a bit subtle or unique.

After rejecting a few other ideas, I happened upon The Mouse Problem sketch, and decided that going as a man dressed fully as a mouse, would be a suitably silly way to behave when going to see daft old buggers who’ve given me a lot of joy and laughs over the year, and I completed the look with a banner type sign proclaiming “Blessed are The Cheese Makers.”

Then I arrived on what turned out to be the hottest day of the year!!!! at The 02 rather too early. Like 4 o’clock when there wasn’t any other daft twats yet in the building it seemed, so I stuck out in all the possible ways it is to really stick out amongst masses of normal respectable British public, a large amount of which were there to see Union J in the Indigo2, visit the cinema or restaurants! and maybe hadn’t even looked at what acts were on tonight in the arena.

So while the union J fans were puzzlingly trying to work out which song contained a rodent reference, or movie goers scratched their heads about current mouse movie screenings, I went and stood by and admired the beautiful plumage of the Giant dead Parrott that GOLD tv had installed, expecting that any Python nuts would turn up there. After a short while, a few other noticeable T-shirt wearing type fans did appear and wanted photographs with the mouse man, i’d say it was for the next hour about 50/50 the fun of meeting python fans from all over the world, and also the job of being asked by passing Asian families if their young daughter could have a photo with the mouse man, whom i’m all pretty sure just thought it was part of the 02’s usual entertainment for family days out. I didn’t disappoint anyone, regardless of python fandom credentials. A man dressed as a fish slapper. (If you are from the north I don’t mean it in that sense) also arrived and delighted the crowds performing the dance routine on anyone. Shortly after I then wandered off to get a water bottle.

Then two men from the 02 security came over, and told me to take my head off.

The 02 policy of no head coverings inside the 02 dome area, for CCTV surveillance reasons, was explained to me, to which I complied, removing the mouse head, and I replied “I see your point, how would you possibly know it was me, if some other mice came in here and started causing some trouble.” Something about having to mock authority today felt deliciously pythonesque,( But my comment doesn’t compare to the interval moment later when an usher wont let the fish slapping man back to his seat without going the long way around the seating area, so he slapped him lightly with his little toy carps and got a standing ovation from three rows! )

I left the beheading mouse trap of the dome and was enjoying the crowds now teaming in for tonight’s show, out of Greenwich tube. The best other fancy dress I saw was Bicycle repair man. As this involved not just a blue dungaree workman’s overall and tool box, but three mates all dressed as Superman!!!! Creating a fancy dress team look, which made me laugh as they approached.

Then I went and took my seat which was front row of the side seating, and waited to enjoy the show, any reservations I had about the quality or ability of this 70 year old python team now one down, to deliver, was mostly all washed away, in a sense of awe, nostalgia, and fondness in celebration of the best of their work, that I had previously enjoyed. I had fairly low expectations to be honest, and a tremendous sense of joy, and a clear understanding of just how musical Eric idle has become to the point he’d probably like to have sex with Andrew Lloyd Webber. I’d previously witness Not the Messiah, so I knew how little a link to vintage python I really needed to enjoy myself, and any new little twist on old jokes would be enough to make my night. What followed was mostly fantastic.

Particularly for me The 4 Yorkshire men and The Argument sketch are so uniquely brilliant, I had the widest smile on to witness these in person, and I nearly did slip from my chair in laughter to see Cleese and Palin snapping “No it isn’t, Yes it is” back and forth at each other. The Vagina Verses added to the Penis Song, another favourite of mine, should probably be a Ganymede and Titan Anthem. Isnt it awfully Nice to have a Foaming twat.

The near Three hour show had so many great bits in, and moved wonderfully between Pythons sketches, songs, dance numbers and film clips, I thought. With a couple of nods to Graham. Clearly Jones is the most knackered and past it, Cleese a little croaky but delightful as anne elk and a few other moments. Palin and Idle still the men they were, and Gilliam’s gurning isn’t something you can really lose. And Stephen Hawkings a show stealer.

The Blackmail sketch is perhaps the most impressively staged piece though, involving underwearclad girls and flasher dancers, dancing to nudge nudge, before the celebrity element is added to the mix, taking the piss out of top gear, and sending up the current british gutter press attitude, adding in a Gilliam adult baby scandal before ending with a paperbag removed guest star. Tonight as a result I met Eddie Izzard, who appeared in the sketch to tell the world “The rumour about me wearing men’s underwear just isn’t true.” Before turning to Palin and bemoaning “I never wanted to be a transvestite, I always wanted to be a lumberjack” a unique moment of fanboy(girl) meets hero’s and stage, and a fitting cap to the lumberjack song’s history. Eddie was only sat 4 rows away from me, and so after the show painted fingernails shook furry mouse paw. making an unbelievable day even more fun for me.

The Q and A afterwards (cus it wasn’t really a meet and greet, it changed after the first show was done.) was a cherry on a cake end to a great day for me. It was like attending Live at Aspen. Eddie Izzard returned to compere the event. And although promised photographs etc were glossed over as a moment where everyone could turn and take a “Selfie” with Python sat in the background (utter shite if you had paid £496 for this. A total disregard for fans. Makes Dimension Jump and the red dwarf crew look like a 10 out 10 next to a 2 out 10), as someone who was getting this all for free I didn’t mind in the slightest. It was a joyus bonus to be included in an intimate room of just 50 fans, as all five pythons came out and sat on a row of chairs. I filmed about 20 minutes of this event from about 4ft away from them. Then I put my mouse head costume part back on. (Fuck the 02 man!) And as they were leaving I shook a couple of their hands as they left. Telling them, “Thanks for everything you’ve done for mouse dressers everywhere. Thanks to you, London now has it’s own wheel. At Westminster.”

I was given a fully signed Programme for free from the daily Mirror people. I will treasure it. And the ticketmaster goody bag was a Spanish inquisition mug (which I gave to my dad the next night when we watched the GOLD show), a whizzo chocolate T-shirt, and a copy of the new edition cover of The Pythons book. And the drinks vouchers. I ended the night with the good time acoustic band playing “The little mouse with clogs on” and other numbers as the small group of fans (Including one Bruce and one Finlander) partied on till closing time. Without stopping ever, from being too silly.

si
    Participant

So you didn’t like it then?

MANI506
    Participant

Been watching the lawyer’s cut on Netflix and dug out my series 2 and 3 dvds. So much I’d forgotten and so many little treats.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Did you take any Selfies in the Mouse Costume?
    If so how about a look?

Ridley
    Participant

Anyone know if the DVD includes the Palin bit recorded for Gold, plz..?

Jonsmad
    Participant

Bonus Material:

Behind the scenes “Sneak Peeks” of:

•The Reunion – November 2013
    •The Announcement – November 2013
    •The Production – November 2013 to July 2014
    •Backstage At The O2 – July 2014
    •Highlights from the 10 Shows at London’s O2 Arena – July 2014

Plus exclusive footage of the Pythons as Pepperpots and Gumbys.

—– So I think the answer is no. Unless backstage includes anything from GOLD and includes that. But given there is a new documentary on GOLD this week called meaning of live and this doesn’t seem to match that either, I think GOLD programmes and this dvd aren’t the same production (mostly)

Ridley
    Participant

Grazie

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.