Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Nom nom nom.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kris Carter
    Participant

That’s right – I’ve been nommed.

You may recall a few months back I posted up issue #1 of mine and my friends comic, Lou Scannon. A sci-fi comedy (surprise, eh?) it’s been very well received so far, and we’re currently working on issue 4, hitting a release schedule of one issue every 3-4 months. They’re 32 page, b&w comics, packed with extra content on top of the main 22 page story.

Well, we’ve just found out that we’ve been nominated for an Eagle Award – Best UK B&W Comicbook! We’re dead chuffed to get nom’d, and if any of you fine G&Ters would like to head over to the Eagle site and throw a vote our way, we’d be very very much obliged.

Here’s the linkage: http://www.eagleawards.co.uk/nominations/

Here’s the sales-y bit! If you want to sample the comic the entire first issue can be viewed for free at my deviantart site: http://drivaaar.deviantart.com. Issues 2 & 3 are better though. Trust me. And if that prompts you to buy a copy, we’re selling ’em at http://www.louscannon.co.uk for the princely sum of £3 per copy. I can guarantee you probably won’t regret it!

I bought the G&T book by the way. I loved it. Well worth it. Just sayin’. Ahem.

si
    Participant

Well done, Kris. Congrats, and all that. :)

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

That’s excellent news! I went to the Eagle awards with Seb a few years ago (2007, maybe? – Lovett was hosting, anyway) and it was a good lark (although the food wasn’t up to much).

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I’m not surprised, it’s not meant to move.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

See, I was going to post about this, because if YOU post about it, you might get accused of ballot stuffing, a la Tony Lee. NEVER MIND.

I completely forgot Cappsy was with us that time we went!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

PS, if you’re London based, copies of Lou Scannon are also on sale in Orbital Comics, near Leicester Square.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

(Yes, I’m plugging Kris’ comic for him there, but I saw them in there and thought “Ah! That’s nice!”)

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> I completely forgot Cappsy was with us that time we went!

Well.

locusceruleus
    Participant

Congratulations Kris!

Kris Carter
    Participant

Thanks peeps!

My favourite response to the book so far was an attendee at Thought Bubble in Leeds. “I thought it was going to be shit, but it was hilarious!” Quality!

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Thought Bubble in Leeds

That was me*

*it wasn’t me.

Congrats. I placed my vote. Good luck.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Cheers duder!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.