Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum One reason why my sister is the best possible sister on this planet

Viewing 22 posts - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

Joss Whedon said of the word ‘Cunt’ that it sounded disgusting and derogatory in an American accent, but in a British accent it sounded cool.

I looked for the exact quote to no avail, but of course all I could find were articles by idiots entitled Joss Whedon is a cunt.

TheLeen
    Participant

My best friend made me a birthday cake.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Complete with wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.
    It has a lamp on “top”, too. Can’t really see it in the pictures though.

Bless her.

James
    Participant

Marleen, you have the worlds bestest friends! Amazing cake!

ChrisM
    Participant

That is good.

And happy birthday.

hummingbird
    Participant

Oh yes! Me want.

Happy Birthday, hun.

Dave
    Participant

Happy Birthday.

The tone was well raised.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Absolutely nowhere near as good as that, but :

Two years in a row! Shame we didn’t sort a party for series four, but never mind…

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Good face, idiot.

TheLeen
    Participant

Thanks for the well-wishes. My birthday was two weeks ago (see first post) ;) but I’m visiting my home town this weekend, so I only got my cake now. Stefanie is an artist with cakes. She told me I could pick something – anything – and she’d make it into a cake. Actually, she said, “pick anything… or the TARDIS.” :D

It is a long tradition in my family, too. I got an awesome Enterprise-D for my fifteenth birthday. I really have to find the blurry photo. It was very sweet – my mum made this, hm, wooden frame for it. The round cake was the saucer bit, then there were two additional cakes with candles for the warp coils, everything covered with silver icing, chocolate letters on the top, and my sis drew the faces of the crew onto white square stickers that they used as windows. Picard was waving out of the window ;p

Seb, your TARDIS looks great too (better than anything I could make, heh – my mother passed the cake gene on to my sis)!

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I think we’re all losing sight of the big issue here, which is: “does Marleen’s best friend have nice norks?”

TheLeen
    Participant

She’s telling me to tell you that her norks are, in fact, fabulous, and also she’s just come out of the shower.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Good face, idiot.

This would be a devastating insult coming from anyone other than you. Or Iain Lee.

> and also she?s just come out of the shower.

That’s a coincidence….I’ve just come IN the shower.

There’s a computer in your shower? Isn’t that dangerous? And not good for your electronics?

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Wow. All these nice people are making me feel inadequate.

TheLeen
    Participant

I know, me too :( I think all of us :( that’s why we try to out-tinker each other every year… well, it’s a tradition.

ChrisM
    Participant

>that?s why we try to out-tinker each other every year

I’m not sure what ‘out-tinker’ means. But it sounds kinda dirty.

pfm
    Participant

Seb, why do you look like you should be a panelist on a panel show with Frankie Boyle or David Mitchell?

TheLeen
    Participant

My (lengthy) review at Noise to Signal, for those interested.

If you are one of those, it would be very, very kind of you to leave a comment for my sister to read :)

Ridley
    Participant

This would be a devastating insult coming from anyone other than you. Or Iain Lee.

Ian “Lee” Symes

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I had the MB Pac-Man board game when I was a kid. Brilliant game. Brilliantly pointless.

TheLeen
    Participant

I’ll review that one soon, too.

Viewing 22 posts - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.