Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Question about the stasis leak episode.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

During the stasis leak episode:-

1. The opportunity was there to prevent the accident from happening.

2. Lister was now on Ganymede. O.K not back on Earth, but no longer three million years from Earth,
    he had the opportunity to return to Earth.

Just saying.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

1. Which would create a paradox.
    2. While that can be said about multiple episodes, Lister is told by his future self to return to the future and wait for the day he could marry Kochanski. He had a genuine reason to do what he was told.

It wouldn’t necessarily create a paradox – there was nothing to stop him going back to Earth.

Jimboid
    Participant

Except Pete’s second point.

Lister must have been really fucked off when that didn’t happen.

srmcd1
    Participant

Maybe it did happen. The future crew from Out of Time are probably also the future Lister and Rimmer from Stasis Leak (note both future Rimmers have mustaches). Lister and Kochanski both die in the radiation leak, and Lister saved as a brain in a jar.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I always assumed that with all the timeline meddling that occurs in Timeslides, Out of Time and Tikka, any prior predictions about or depictions of the crew’s future are null and void. Remember that Rimmer didn’t even die in the radiation leak. He died from punching an exploding box.

And yet, in The Beginning, he talks about dying in the radiation leak.

I really, really don’t like the Timeslides reset. I generally try and forget about it.

(deleted)

The ending of Timeslides is probably the first real foot wrong the show ever put. Apart from making zero sense, it’s cruel, cheap, bullyish and genuinely nasty, in an episode which has previously been utterly perfect. What it really is of course is an episode with no obvious ending desperate for a punchline, and making do with a crap one, and not for the last time (here’s looking at you, White Hole).

(It’s too recognisable as the Polymorph location as well. That always annoys me.)

Jimboid
    Participant

> making do with a crap one, and not for the last time (here’s looking at you, White Hole).

YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

locusceruleus
    Participant

Anyone who thinks Red Dwarf makes do with crap punchlines for endings should be made to sit through all 8 series of It Ain’t Half Hot Mum.

Plastic Percy
    Participant

When Rimmer changes the timeline, he doesn’t realise that he’s alive and still thinks he’s dead. Perhaps the same can be said for the rest of the crew when they return.

Ian Symes post has raised another question.

Who put the explosives in that box ? Also, WHY?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

George McIntyre.

Kochanski and Lister married between VIII & BTE.

SOLVED, YOU CUNTS.

Wait, no, I never thought about it fully.

Ah fuck it, Red Dwarf is a load of wank.

Toxteth O-Grady
    Participant

“(It’s too recognisable as the Polymorph location as well. That always annoys me.)”
    Isn’t it supposed to the same location though?

Crew of Red Dwarf in visiting the same part of the cargo bay twice shocker!

Jawscvmcdia
    Participant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.