Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum RDXI in MMXV?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Bexley Heath
    Participant

http://divinevarod.com/2013/03/23/new-red-dwarf-in-2015-chris-barrie-to-attend-geekfest/

Dunno what authority this dude has, but he gives a shout-out to the Nine Worlds GeekFest that I plugged a few weeks ago, so he’s all right in my book.

LET OUTRAGEOUS UNFOUNDED RUMOUR-MONGERING COMMENCE :)

Carlito
    Participant

It was over two years, if memory serves me correctly, from the announcement of RDX to broadcast, so seems about right, but surely if they want to air in 2015, presumably around the same time of year as RDX aired, then provisions will need to be put in place before this year is out for that to happen?

Having said that, obviously the gap between production and air time for RDX was a scheduling decision and I suppose the only reason there would need to be such a long gap again would be down to cast availability. They could actually record the series in Summer/Autumn 2015 for a Winter 2015 broadcast if really need be, so even if this is true and not a baseless rumour, we still may hear nothing about it officially for quite some time.

Still, it would be nice to have some clarification or announcement at this year’s DJ.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

If 2015 were to be officially announced as the year, I would pencil 2015 in as probably the best year of my life! What with that and new Star Wars on the way…And with the way my life usually works out, I would make a second prediction that the world will end in 2014. I just never have good years like that…

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Dunno what authority this dude has

Well, he says that “The tickets site Lost In TV has added a waiting list page for Red Dwarf this week”. He’s approximately sixteen months late with THAT information, so…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

If 2015 were to be officially announced as the year, I would pencil 2015 in as probably the best year of my life! What with that and new Star Wars on the way…

Sod that, we all get hoverboards and turn out our pockets.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Also the Cubs win the World Series. Gotta be worth a fiver.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>and turn out our pockets.

Well, actually; we wear our jeans inside out. Keep up, Danny. Only fakers just turn out their pockets.

pfm
    Participant

2015 is the earliest plausible unless they started production later this year (highly doubtful). I would be good to get XI in 2015 then end it 3 years later for the 30th anniversary. God, even I’ll be an old man by then, let alone the cast! o.o

Moonlight
    Participant

Still waiting for G&T to do an April Fools article on RDXI being announced as “sort of a Back to Earth II, stylistically”.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I would actually be okay with that. I really liked the look and feel of Back to Earth, and I genuinely think there is enough imagination in the show that it could transition to a single camera drama-comedy, sans studio audience.

Blisschick
    Participant

Chris talks about it here:

It’s a really good video…I had a good laugh.

HelloMabel
    Participant

> Still waiting for G&T to do an April Fools article […]

We were all expecting one… and we were all fooled.

srmcd1
    Participant

So the April Fools gag was that there was no April Fools gag…

Whoa…

Trails… Beautiful trails….

Jonsmad
    Participant

Nice One Bliss Chick. Loved that video. Danny even metioned “Madness” Hoorah double win! :-)

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Confirmation via the best Power Rangers forum out there. That’s good enough for me…..Can’t wait to see the now confirmed 6 episodes of series XI. I hope they get the rest of the crew signed up though. It wouldn’t seem right just Craig Charles on his own…

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/showthread.php?26435-Red-Dwarf-Thread-II

anniescribe
    Participant

I guessed this is why Doug is going to be at DJ, to announce XI … or possibly the results of the costume contest … Six of one, half a dozen another. ;-)

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>Confirmation via the best Power Rangers forum out there.

I don’t think anything in that post can be taken as confirmation of anything. Red Dwarf XI is more than likely, but I’d suggest waiting for a more credible source.

Ridley
    Participant

You want the moon palace on a stick!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

“Red Dwarf X had a 37 million viewership last fall in the UK.”

Fucking hell.

JamesTC
    Participant

More people watched Red Dwarf X than the opening ceremony of the Olympics #dwarffacts

Connell
    Participant

More dwarves watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics than Red Dwarf X
    #MinoritiesFacts

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Michael Dorn did not watch the Olympics or Red Dwarf X.
    #WorfFacts

Nick R
    Participant

More people watched Red Dwarf X on ships docked in port than watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics. #WharfFacts

anniescribe
    Participant

More viewers have seen Tim Conway than have watched Red Dwarf ever. #DorfFacts

Connell
    Participant

In March 2009, shortly after Tony Hart’s death, a flashmob of Morph characters was organised in London outside the Tate Modern art gallery. #MorphFacts

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

What’s a Tim Conway?

si
    Participant

The BBC Regional News programme in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire is usually presented by Harry Gration and Christa Ackroyd. #LookNorthFacts

Pete Part Three
    Participant

The first fax was sent in 1860. #FaxFacts

Nick R
    Participant

#DwarfFax

HelloMabel
    Participant

Craig Charles never got paid for the use of his music in “Timeslides.”
    #HesGotASwatchWatchAndAFiloFax

NoFro
    Participant

Doctor Who’s Clara worked on the Trojan. Or at least for the Space Corps.

#DoctorDwarfFacts

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Clara is as cute as a button.
    #facts

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I am sick of people on Tumblr talking about the “BBC props department” in reference to the badge crossover, like they think RDX was made by the BBC, and also completely ignoring the careful and obvious explanation of the common denominator being Howard Burden. #pedantryfacts

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I am sick of people on Tumblr

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I am tired of these jokes about my giant hand. The first such incident occurred in 1956 when…

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.