Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf Posters?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Erm. What are these meant to be?

http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_poster/red_dwarf_1988.htm

Yes I see they’re DVD covers, blown up to be poster size. Sounds like a good idea doesn’t it? But why change the logo, and the text at the bottom? At all?

Your thoughts, please.

Kris Carter
    Participant

They hate Series VIII. :)

I dunno, I don’t like the look of these as posters… and yeah, the text and logo changes are a bit “Bwah?!”.

hummingbird
    Participant

Erm, indeed. I honestly don’t see the point.

si
    Participant

On the contrary, I’d say they must love series VIII, as they obviously don’t want to diss it by giving it one of these monstrosities.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Touch? salesman. Touch

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I mean, dont get me wrong about the idea. I would happily pay for OFFICIAL blown up version of the DVD covers, in fact I remember winning a Series IV artwork (albeit a slightly smaller version) as a prize at a DJ once. But it’s the fact they’ve gone to the trouble of merging the logo with the numeral into one ugly block and trying to make it look ‘better’, and what’s with changing the font at the bottom though? it doesn’t even make sense!

Andrew
    Participant

It makes sense logistically – they clearly can’t print the silver elements of the artwork and so need to replace them. But it remains both a bad solution, and a dodgy thing to be selling at all.

JamesTC
    Participant

I would gladly buy a Series III, Series VI or a Series VIII one but not with all the DVD stuff on it, just the art.

si
    Participant

Note the comments from Andrew there, ‘the voice’ of GNP, as ’twere.

Andrew
    Participant

Categorically not, Si: my opinions are my own. If GNP want t make a statement, they’ll make it. I’m not on staff there, and my postings are just ‘me’.

si
    Participant

I just meant that you’re kind of our connection to GNP and… oh, forget it. They’re shite, end of.

Carlito
    Participant

> I?m not on staff there, and my postings are just ?me?.

You’re not?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Did you go running back after Back to Earth was announced? I read ’bout that on LiveJournal, I did.

Carlito
    Participant

Yeah, word on the street has it you went skulking back with your tail between your legs for personal gain. Deny that, you fuck!

I know this to be true, for I have seen it committed to the interwebs in black and white.

It’s been textually transmitted.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.