Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum RED DWARF QUIZ SURVEY: WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

For this year’s Dimension Jump, The Fan Club, have allowed me to produce a Red Dwarf-orientated version of the quiz show ‘Pointless’ (called ‘Goitless’, coz were good with puns, see).

For those not aware of the show, ‘Pointless’ is a gameshow where the obscure answers are the biggest scorers. A survey is put out to 100 people before the show and are given 100 seconds to give as many answers to a given question as they can, for example: “Name as many Countries that begin with the letter M” . The answers that were valid are collated and turned into a score for the contestants on the show.
    Some answers will be more obscure than others, so ‘Mexico’ could score 56 while, somewhere like ‘Montenegro’ could score somewhere in the region of 3. The object of the game is to plumb the depths of your knowledge and get a potential ‘Pointless’ answer, an answer that none of the 100 people could think of.

We need to get 100 people to fill in the survey, and I thought this is probably the best place to start getting ’em!

We’ve prepared 12 questions that ask for RD-related answers in a variety of different ways, ranging from fairly simplistic questions, trivia, picture rounds, and anagrams, to fairly taxing, broad-spanning questions. Don’t worry if you can’t answer every single question, your input is still very much appreciated.

The survey will take about 25-30 minutes in total to complete. I would really appreciate your time to have a go, and I hope you have fun having a crack at it. If you like it, get your friends to fill one in as well, even if they’re not Red Dwarf fans, I would like to have a wide demographic for these surveys.

A couple of brief points about completing the survey:

> Please don’t look up the answers for the questions during the 100 seconds. It’s really important that we get an honest answer from what you can think of during that time. Don’t worry if you know the answers in the time, it really helps the show.

> Please answer the survey on your own, if there are more of you present, you can all have a go individually!

> Please don’t discuss the answers, or even the questions you were asked during the survey, as it would create a preparation that makes the 100 seconds obsolete.

Once you have completed the survey, your answers will be counted and used as a statistic on the Sunday afternoon event at Dimension Jump!!!

If you wish to have a go please CLICK HERE and you’ll be taken to our survey page. First you’ll be asked to sign in using an email address. This will only be used as a way to differentiate the answers from everyone, and to allow you to log in, should you wish to not fill the survey in one sitting. (but obviously it’d be great if you can)

Thank you, and most importantly, have fun!

si
    Participant

Well, it doesn’t look like I’m going to get on Pointless, so I guess this is as close as I’m going to get…

EDIT: Erm…your link/survey page isn’t working.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

should be now dude, sorry i buggered up there.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

should be now dude, sorry i buggered up there.

si
    Participant

Twice.

Done the first half of the questions. However, the quiet room I entered in order to do them has suddenly become a lot noisier, what with it being the kitchen, and it being teatime. As a result, the noise is making my brain melt, and I can’t think of a bloody thing. Will have to return to the questions when I’m of more use.

Phil
    Participant

If I put an incorrect answer down (not deliberately of course) is that going to screw things up? Or will you weed those out?

MANI506
    Participant

It was a fucking pleasure.

Goitless is an excellent name for the quiz BTW

If someone could list all of the punny DJ quiz names that would make me a happy man. I remember Smeggheads.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Done. That was damn fun.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

It’s ok Phil, everything’s going to be manually marked so wrong answers will get filtered out.

si
    Participant

Right, done. That almost killed me.

And if you don’t post a complete list of answers/totals somewhere post-DJ, I may go mad.

anniescribe
    Participant

Is this a thing that if you’re going to DJ, you shouldn’t do? Or does it not work that way?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Well, we’ll have 8 people participating at DJ. We’ll be taking the names of people who are interested and randomly selecting them so the chances of someone having done the quiz and then being selected is minimal, but if you’d prefer to stay unspoiled then I’d say leave it. We’ll put it back online after DJ, anyway.

CoziFantozzi
    Participant

I always get stressed out with Pointless and Deal or No Deal. Is it just me who doesn’t understand the rules??? It’s embarrassing to have a masters degree yet need my nan (who left school at 14 and thinks Corrie is real) to explain gameshows…

si
    Participant

The simplest way to understand Pointless: it’s like Family Fortunes, but backwards.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

The simplest way to understand Pointless: it’s like Family Fortunes, but backwards.

Pretty much this. Questions are put to 100 people before the show, and their collective thoughts are turned into a point structure to base the game on.

Lowest score wins. Get the lowest score by thinking of answers that not many of the 100 people would have thought of. That’s it :)

ClareGC
    Participant

This looks fun! I’ll definitely play! I’ll be at DJ, but won’t be putting my name in for the real thing, so I don’t have to consider keeping myself unspoilt.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

The survey is now closed, guys. Thank you to everyone who had a crack at it! and hopefully see you guys at DJ to play the bastard!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.