Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Samsara & Twentica live recordings?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jellyscare
    Participant

Having watched these two they seem like they would have had a LOT of pre-recorded material on the performance days, given that the two main sets were barely used at all. Can anyone who was there speak to this? Was there a lot more pre-recorded stuff than normal? If so, did bother you?

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

I didn’t go to Twentica but Seb wrote that the street scene was pre recorded. Which accounts for it’s weird, stilted feel. E.g. when Lister looks at Rimmer for ages without saying anything in the car, while Rimmer pulls a funny face that the audience can’t see…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I saw Samsara bering recorded. My thoughts are pretty much down on record on teh Dwarfcast. But the long and short of it was:

Pre-recorded stuff doesn’t bother me because I understand if it’s unfeasible to present it in a way to the audience on the night (ie Samsara having to be clean for the Pre-accident) it needs to be pre-recorded. I think it was much more frustrating for the crew filming it having to move from set to set in order to present the story in chronological order for the audience to understand. Especially with the Kryten-Rimmer/Cat-Lister threads running concurrently.

The scenes with the live performances were complex enough to require the time needed (and I think we’re also on record to say that it was the longest shoot time of Series XI, regardless of pre-records).

MANI506
    Participant

Teh series XI episode 5 set report Dwarf Cast was a good podcast and makes so much more sense now!

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Taking about things while not able to talk about things is hard…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Talking*

See? Even talking about talking about things while not (being) able to talk about things is hard!

MANI506
    Participant

The ‘actually there is full frontal nudity’ tease had me scratching my head and going to unsavoury places for ten months.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.