Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Seeing Double: The Red Dwarf Encyclopedia now two books!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Karnie
    Participant

So, apparently I wrote way too much for one book to hold, so we’ve decided to break <i>Total Immersion: The Comprehensive Unauthorized Red Dwarf Encyclopedia</i> into two volumes: A-K and L-Z. Print-on-Demand limits the number of pages we’re allowed to 440, and with over 5,500 entries, we didn’t feel like supplying a magnifying glass with every copy. Hopefully, we’ll be able to adjust them accordingly so the price of the two books together won’t be that much more than what the single volume would have cost. Here’s the post: https://www.facebook.com/hassleinbooks/posts/675820545787884

You can keep up with the development of these books on our Facebook page, Twitter (www.twitter.com/hassleinbooks) or visit our main site at ww.hassleinbooks.com.

Phil
    Participant

Will this be getting a thorough G+T review?

I miss thorough G+T reviews. :( (Not that there’s been all that much for them to review lately…but I still miss them.)

peas_and_corn
    Participant

I too would like a G&T review. And a sandwich.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

Ditto that. Especially the sandwich.

I’ve also been missing new Dwarfcasts, truth be told. Been listening to quite a few of them again recently and I just love them.

Karnie
    Participant

Well, they’ll certainly be getting a copy (copies?), whether they review it, however, will be up to them. =)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Karnie
    Participant

And now that we don’t have to worry about space issues, we’ve just commissioned another 35 illustrations from artist Pat Carbajal, who’s work you’ve seen if you received the latest copy of Back to Reality. Among those images are: Cassandra, Duane Dibbley, Frank Hollister, Jesus of Caesarea and Hogey the Roguey.

Karnie
    Participant

Update: The books are laid out and awaiting the final corrections from the proofreader. After that it’s off to the printer! Samples of the design can be found on our photo stream here:

https://www.facebook.com/hassleinbooks/photos_stream?tab=photos_stream

Still on track for a mid- to late-November release for the holiday season. Pricing to be determined, but will probably be around $15-$20 each.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Very exciting.

MANI506
    Participant

Insane levels of detail. Very well done!

Phil
    Participant

“Pricing to be determined, but will probably be around $15-$20 each.”

I was expecting them to be a lot more. This is great.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Yeah, that is an amazing price, especially for just how fantastic these books look (I won’t lie, I’ve been half-worried that this’d be another under-produced, poorly-designed bit of unlicensed cash-in fluff, but I am now very very excited about these books. Exceptionally excited.

Karnie
    Participant

UPDATE: Final corrections are being done tomorrow, and a proof copy will be ordered by Sunday night. In a weird bit of completely accidental cosmic timing, the books are shaping up to be released by Gazpacho Soup Day!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.