So what do you think we'll be getting for the 30th?

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum So what do you think we'll be getting for the 30th?

This topic contains 142 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  bloodteller 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 143 posts - 1 through 143 (of 143 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

GlenTokyo

Seems like something would have been leaked because of the cast if it was anything major involving them

BBFC filings and such would come out if it was some kind of DVD or Blu-ray

Maybe it’ll be a Dave mini Dwarf night, lots of episodes maybe with some cast interviews but I’m thinking we’re getting announcements.

New series announcement on the TV? Commentaries for download? A new book or something?

What do you think?

Pete Part Three

Free beer and money.

si

A book’d be nice. ‘Red Dwarf: A Celebration’, that kind of thing.

Dave

Nowt.

Darrell

I have a sad suspicion it’ll be fuck all as well. Bearing in mind they’ve got about five weeks to go.

Probably an ‘announcement’ about XII/the tour but zero ‘stuff’.

This is why they should have held XII back a tiny bit longer…

bloodteller

>Bearing in mind they’ve got about five weeks to go

but 2018 is fifty-two weeks long

Me Own Stunts

>but 2018 is fifty-two weeks long

Not all of it.

International Debris

Probably an ‘announcement’ about XII

Doug comes on stage at DJ. “I’m over the moon to announce that Red Dwarf XII will be broadcast last year!” then eats an egg forwards.

Ridley

A tweet.

bloodteller

what about sex?

Darrell

Not here, it’s too sandy.

Jonathan Capps

G&T Admin

Doug comes on stage at DJ. “I’m over the moon to announce that Red Dwarf XII will be broadcast last year!” then eats an egg forwards.

Amazing.

Katydid

I was going to nominate that post for the Hall of Fame, but now that the Hall of Fame is a literal thing such nominations are probably invalid.

I’m still doing it.

Plastic Percy

I’d quite like eBooks of the four novels, or at least the Omnibus.

Dave

I’m hoping for a countdown clock on the website.

bloodteller

a remake of The End using the sets from XII and Skipper

bloodteller

well obviously thats not going to happen, but it would be good, wouldnt it?

Plastic Percy

Most likely Doug confirming that XIII will be out in two or three years time. Sadly I think the time of merchandise being anything other than t-shirts, badges and lanyards is behind us.

Who’d ever think we’d be nostalgic for the days of Duane Dibbley bobbleheads?

bloodteller

i’d love to see some more merchandise like the Starbug model that came with the Series V DVD. it’s a really nice model, lots of detail and it looks good on my shelf. something like that for the Red Dwarf ship would be bloody lovely. or another Scriptbook like the VIII one, that’d be amazing.

or y’know, we could just have another lot of mediocre t-shirts and crap hoodies.

GlenTokyo

The t-shirts have been particularly poor this time round. London Jets and Mugs apart, which are hard to get wrong (though I could do without the series branding), almost all of the others I have issues with. The Leopard lager one has the wrong font, the XII one where they’re all Kryten is just bad, the Red Dwarf Haynes one has spelling and factual errors, and all the Haynes share the issue that they’re obviously ripping off Haynes but didn’t bother to do a mechanical drawing with internal gubbins.

I like the no longer insane one design wise but not as an item of clothing you’d actually wear, and the hoodies are hit and miss. The technician one is nice but is ruined by the series branding.

bloodteller

the lanyard is a bit crap too. i mean who’d want that? is there some sort of market for lanyards that i am currently unaware of?

flanl3

actually, yes.

NoFro

As someone who works in an office where everyone has a security pass, yes there is. I honestly find it a bit weird when I have a meeting with a higher up who wears an expensive suit and decides to compliment it with a cheap Game of Thrones lanyard.

CB3

Looking ahead at the TV schedules, it appears that Dave will be celebrating the 30th anniversary of the exact moment when Red Dwarf was first broadcast with a repeat showing of Timewave.

That’s… somewhat disappointing.

International Debris

That’s hilarious.

Dave

Someone said “30th anniversary” but Dave thought they said “spit on a wrist”.

flanl3

“I lick you”

Darrell

I have nearly died laughing.

thomasaevans

A lot of anniversary material comes out over the year of the anniversary rather than on the exact date. Thunderbirds & Captain Scarlet are prime examples of this. There is a complete 50th Anniversary blu-ray box set for Captain Scarlet coming after the vanilla releases, but the date of the 50th has long since passed BUT it’s still the year of the anniversary.

I mentioned in another post that the blu-rays are listed again on Amazon and Zavvi for February, maybe it’s nothing. I’d love another book tbh… and that kinda merchandise would surely be better released in the autumn for the Christmas market?

Captain Bollocks

One of the things I’ve enjoyed most about Dave-era Dwarf is how modern technology has allowed the fandom to be more involved and interactive with each other. If not for this place, I don’t think I’d really talk much Dwarf with anyone, and certainly not to the nerdy extent that things are discussed here.

With that in mind, would it be too late to ask for a live anniversary Dwarfcast on the 15th, presumably right after we all watch Timewave at 9pm on Dave? Or, you know, something slightly more appropriate like The End on DVD at 9pm?

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

would it be too late to ask for a live anniversary Dwarfcast on the 15th

Only in the sense that we were going to do it anyway.

flanl3

Only in the sense that we were going to do it anyway.

It’s only January and I think we already have a strong contender for scandal of the year. I can’t believe you all were just going to go ahead and do a DwarfCast without our permission.

Katydid

That’s it, I’m going to find Ed Bye at Dimension Jump and tell him I’m never listening to DwarfCast again!

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

If Ed Bye ever came to Dimension Jump, you can guarantee we’d get a new ident to play at the end of each DwarfCast.

Ridley

The sound of Ed Bye being kneed in the testicles.

Hamish

That’s never happened before.

bloodteller

i think for the 30th anniversary, we’ll get three decades combined into one celebration

Ben Saunders

Which three decades?

flanl3

Tomorrow, lunchtime and The Matrix.

Stephen Abootman

Would like to see (at some point) a 30-40 mins Dave era smeg ups shows, preferably with Kryten links. Am sure there must be plenty that wasn’t on the DVDs (certainly I can think of 3 or 4 good examples just from the 3 recordings I went to alone).

Too soon for a BTE – XII ‘Just the Shows’ boxset?

Also, you should win things by watching.

cwickham

So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show… that’s completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots?

Darrell

The Dave era Smeg Ups special is something I’ve wanted for ages. Seems such an open goal!

Plastic Percy

Smeg Ups, Smeg Outs, Smeg Cloche.

Seb Patrick

If Ed Bye ever came to Dimension Jump, you can guarantee we’d get a new ident to play at the end of each DwarfCast.

SYMES: So until next time, Ed Bye everybody!
    EVERYONE: Ed Bye!
    IDENT: Oh, fuck off, I’m not recording that for you.

Seb Patrick

it’s a really nice model, lots of detail and it looks good on my shelf. something like that for the Red Dwarf ship would be bloody lovely.

Someone else, gussets, etc.

RamesesNiblickTheThird

Dave from 9pm on the night are showing back to back classic episodes and Samsara until the early hours…..

Perhaps we’ll get an announcement of a new series from Doug?

Dave

With the Blu-Ray listing update, the announcement of a 1-8 BR boxset seems like a possibility.

Ben Saunders

“Hi, Doug Naylor here, I know some of you were expecting me to announce a new series of Red Dwarf, but I’m afraid that’s not the case. What I can announce, though, is -nine- new series of Red Dwarf, all to be made concurrently and broadcast in 2019. I’m writing the scripts right now, and have just come back from hospital where I was treated for chronic hypertension.”

Katydid

I just saw “Can of Worms IV: White Hole III: Rimmerworld Squared” recorded at Pinewood.

It…

Uh…

I enjoyed the lighting gantry above the studio. Very metallic.

The Dave era Smeg Ups special is something I’ve wanted for ages. Seems such an open goal!

You mean we could get more than five minutes of them?

Darrell

Forgot to mention, the other night a Dave announcer specifically confirmed that repeats night is an official anniversary theme night of ‘Dave’s favourite episodes’. So yes, Timewave genuinely is being presented as one of the all-time top 5.

Stephen Abootman

I think Timewave might have been the most viewed episode of XII in the official figures (if not, very very close) so I suppose for Dave it would be a big success.

flanl3

The schedule lists Mechocracy, Back to Reality, Twentica, Polymorph, Samsara, and Holoship, not Timewave.

Ben Saunders

That’s a nice selection. I’d replace Samsara with Officer Rimmer or something, though. Back to Reality is a no-brainer.

Ben Saunders

When I said Officer Rimmer I think I mean Give and Take.

Hamish

I think you meant Rescue My Pants.

Ben Saunders

Your pants are gone mate move on

Hamish

If I was going for a gimmicky Red Dwarf theme night I would still put on Gunmen though.

bloodteller

Gundergarments of the Apocalypse

flanl3

That’s a nice selection. I’d replace Samsara with Officer Rimmer or something, though. Back to Reality is a no-brainer.

If I was making the selection, I’d probably go with Queeg/Fathers & Suns or The Beginning/Polymorph/Samsara or Give & Take/Back to Reality/Siliconia or Mechocracy. Seems strange to pick two from XI and one from XII rather than one each from X-XII.

Stephen Abootman

Just saw the G&T tweet that Timewave had been replaced by Mechocracy.
    Picking one each from X, XII & XII would make more sense to me

Ben Saunders

I guess they want to show off XI and XII given that they’re their new products that they just spent a lot of time and money on, and X is (I don’t want to think about it) years old at this point

Pete Part Three

If they’ve cottoned onto the fact that Timewave is shite, they could at least replace Samsara with Give & Take, Twentica with M-Corp and Top Gear with Womem’s Bowls.

I’ll be watching The End, anyway. Because, y’know, that’s the episode the anniversary is for.

GlenTokyo

They should put The End on at precisely the same time and run it without ads if you’re just showing episodes.

flanl3

Well, somebody should watch in case there’s a surprise announcement so they can make fun of all the rest of us for missing it.

clem

I’ll be watching the first bit of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLOjB3o4yow followed by The End.

Dave

I’m tempted to watch the original assembly of The End instead. Or maybe as well as. I could line up the Remastered version afterwards too.

Dave

Pete Part Three

Ah. Well done, Seb.

It’s not free beer and money, but I’ll take it.

GlenTokyo

Did we get owt then?

Seb Patrick

Two posts above, man.

Ridley

We got a WhatCulture interview, apparently.

Seb Patrick

Four posts above, man.

Seb Patrick

Darrell

Seb’s piece was fantastic and by far the best thing I read to do with the anniversary, and this isn’t to take away from it at all, but it’s so incredibly strange that we got nothing whatsoever in real terms.

Dave

With the listings in recent weeks for the big 1-8 Blu-Ray set, I thought for sure we would get an official announcement on that.

Seb Patrick

>it’s so incredibly strange that we got nothing whatsoever in real terms

The problem is that (unless you’re Doctor Who) it’s sometimes quite difficult to line things up for a specific date, particularly given how recent the RDXII cycle (and the focus on all of that) was. So there may still be Interesting Stuff to come, it’s just that we weren’t yet in a position to make a song and dance about it yesterday.

As was the case in 2008, I think the attitude is very much to treat the whole of 2018 as the anniversary year, and 15th Feb as the start of it, not the be all and end all. As we wrote on the site today: “You’d better stay tuned for the rest of 2018, because we promise you it’s not over yet.”

Flap Jack

Thanks for the elaboration, Seb! I personally wasn’t expecting any big official announcements yesterday, so your feature on TOS was a cool surprise, but I guess I can see why people would.

But hey, yesterday was only the 30th anniversary of The End. There are still 11 more Red Dwarf episodes which have their 30th anniversary this year! Bonus PR Points on offer for making a major announcement on one of those anniversaries; x5 multiplier if the announcement relates to the specific episode.

Though really, I’m just chuffed to be in an era where we can reasonably expect a new series of Red Dwarf to be announced. I remember feeling crushed when I first reached the end of my Just The Shows, Vol. 2 DVD set, and realised that “The End? The Smeg It Is.” was genuinely the end of the whole show, and that this was several years ago, so there seemed like no chance it would come back. What a difference a decade makes!

So what do you think the next announcement will be, folks? I reckon they’ll do Series IV-XII Remastered, with new CGI skutters and star fields and that.

Dave

They’re remaking Series I-VIII in their entirety with the current cast to replace the BBC versions on Dave.

GlenTokyo

‘Give Me My Ball Back’ Live at Wembley. Norman Lovett and Dona DiStefano are joined by an all star cast to recount one of the greatest stories ever told at the home of Football, Wembley Stadium

flanl3

Seb,

but this is still the anniversary year (of not one, but two series in fact!)

Surely that number should be three?

Flap Jack

Seb,

> but this is still the anniversary year (of not one, but two series in fact!)

Surely that number should be three?

Not three, twelve.

Ridley

Don’t you see? The true anniversary was in you all along!

Seb Patrick

>Surely that number should be three?

Nope, you’ve lost me.

flanl3

I, II, and VI at 30, 30, and 25, respectively? Am I not thinking straight?

Darrell

Clarification welcomed. I’m a bit more ‘up’ about the anniversary now.

Pete Part Three

It’s also the 20th anniversary of the 10th Annivesary and the 10th Annivesary of the 20th Anniversary.

Strange how they all coinicided.

Hamish

It is also somebody’s wedding anniversary, somewhere.

Dave

It’s the anniversary of I and II because they both came out in the same year.

flanl3

They’re still different series. As is VI.

Dave

Yes, but because they came out in the same year, it is the 30th anniversary year of both series this year.

Seb Patrick

>I, II, and VI at 30, 30, and 25, respectively? Am I not thinking straight?

Well yeah, but if you’re picking different numbers out of the air then every year is literally the [something] anniversary year of every series.

But this year is the thirtieth anniversary of both series I and II, is what I meant.

flanl3

Ah, got it.

Surely there’ll be something for VI turning 25, though? It doesn’t seem like pulling a random number out of the air, it’s just sort of a five-year which would make sense to celebrate?

GlenTokyo

I wouldn’t imagine there would be. It’d be like celebrating the 25th anniversary of your 5th wedding anniversary, you don’t. You celebrate the anniversary or being wed, or in Red Dwarf’s case anniversary of first airing.

flanl3

Then why would you celebrate anything for Series II’s 30th? Surely that’s like celebrating the 30th anniversary of your one-halfth wedding anniversary?

GlenTokyo

Personally I wouldn’t. For me there should have been stuff on the 15th, I don’t really go in for anniversary years, I appreciate that wasn’t possible though.

Two series that aired the same year is a lot different to just randomly celebrating VI though, if you celebrate that why not the others?

flanl3

Fives are regularly celebrated anniversaries, at least the way I see it. It’s not randomly selected, it’s something actually worthy of celebration. When the Silver Survey was done in 2013 nobody was sitting there going ‘well 25 is a bit of a weird one to celebrate, isn’t it?’

Dave

I don’t think it’s the idea of a 25th anniversary celebration that’s in question, it’s the idea of celebrating the 25th anniversary of the sixth series of something.

It’s not like Doctor Who is doing regular 50th anniversary celebrations of all the series that aired after the first one, is it? You celebrate the anniversary of the start of something, not the middle of it.

GlenTokyo

What Dave said.

flanl3

The anniversary of VII was very mildly celebrated last year. That’s the sort of thing I’m thinking about. Not throwing a massive party.

Ben Saunders

Well they did animate Power of the Daleks for the 50th anniversary of that particular serial, but that’s just me being pedantic x

International Debris

Whilst the 25th anniversary of, say, Gunmen of the Apocalypse, would probably be something mentioned were it any other year, it’s the 30th anniversary of the first broadcast of the show, and that year encompasses 12 episodes, so the VI anniversary just doesn’t seem important in comparison.

By Jove its holmes

In 2038, seventy-four year Craig Charles, still playing Lister? I’ll take a pass on that.

Lily

>In 2038, seventy-four year Craig Charles, still playing Lister? I’ll take a pass on that.

They can do the other side of Future Echos, from the old Lister perspective.

Flap Jack

They can do the other side of Future Echos, from the old Lister perspective.

OK, this is only slightly related, but one of my favoured Red Dwarf fan theories is that the future versions of Lister from Future Echoes (and also the future versions of the crew from Stasis Leak) are from the same timeline as the future crew from Out Of Time – so, the time drive being destroyed prevented any of those futures from happening.

If this explanation is accepted, it cleans up a few issues:

1 – Lister and Red Dwarf can be in actual peril, without us assuming the reason he’ll definitely be fine is that Future Echoes needs to happen.

2 – It’s not a plot hole that everyone is now older than their future versions from Stasis Leak, yet those events haven’t happened.

3 – It allows the needlessly grim fate of Bexley to be considered non-canonical (I know this risks sparking an argument about whether unreadably fast-scrolling text is canon, but… I’d really just prefer a Red Dwarf where Lister didn’t give birth to two sons, have one die tragically young less than a week later, have to leave the other forever in another universe shortly after that, and all that have literally no emotional effect on him whatsoever, to the point that he never mentions them ever again… you know?).

So what I’m saying is: don’t do Old Future Echoes Lister, just so I can keep believing this fan theory. :p

Ben Saunders

You know I never thought about the (lack of) repercussions of Lister losing his two sons. That is an absolutely shameful complete abandonment of a plot thread that wasn’t working, but it’s for the best.

The opening crawl for Series III (which must be canon else why else would it be there) also fucks up my favourite fan theory, which is that Series One and Two take place in a different universe to III onwards.

Timeslides can be used to retcon pretty much everything, tbh

Flap Jack

He also doesn’t seem too affected by having to abandon… himself. Which is obviously a very emotionally confusing situation, but he still had to abandon his baby. Though, at least in Ouroboros he gives a heartfelt speech about it before it’s never acknowledged again (except for Fathers & Suns, of course).

Ah, and I was just reminded that Lister actually does directly reference giving birth to twins in Demons & Angels, which doesn’t exactly support the “it never happened to him” theory, BUT he also says he played pool with planets, which in-story never happened and so shouldn’t be remembered.

Clearly Lister just has supernatural powers which allow him to remember alternate timelines whenever he eats a Pot Noodle.

flanl3

I mean Bexley was well into his twenties when he died, right? It really could have been corrected after Out of Time.

By Jove its holmes

in 2038, Bobby Llew would be eighty-two. Again, I’ll take a pass on a 50th anniversary “in character” episode.

Warbodog

The Backwards scrolling text says the twins’ growth was hyper-accelerated and they appeared to be physically 18 years old after three days before being sent to the other universe. I have a feeling Rob & Doug may have come up with the rapid ageing to connect it to Bexley’s ‘mid-twenties’ death, but then either forgot or didn’t want to make that intro even longer and more complicated.

flanl3

Yeah, Bexley would’ve had to make a trip back around seven years later, which easily could have been corrected between Out of Time and Tikka to Ride.

Ben Saunders

Maybe that’s why Lister hates Pot Noodles. They actually taste pretty good, but the existential horror of suddenly remembering loads of aborted timelines and his dead son(s) is extremely unpleasant, hence he cannot eat them.

Flap Jack

Wow, OK, I guess I just kept assuming that the scrolling text mentioned Bexley’s death, but it doesn’t, does it?

I’ve never rated Future Echoes as highly as the G&T surveys (44th compared to 11th in the Pearl Poll), and I think that Lister’s jarringly happy reaction to hearing that he’ll have a son who will die at age 25 is the cause. Doug and Rob were setting themselves up for a guaranteed fall when they established this plot point. In fact, they tried to improve it in IWCD by changing “Bexley” to “Bexley’s son” and made it so Lister wasn’t quite as chilled out about it, but ultimately it had the same problems and probably made even less sense.

Right! So my modified fan theory is that the “Out Of Time” future crew were able to adapt the technology of the time drive to retrieve Bexley from the parallel universe and stop his rapid aging. They then arrogantly assumed they would use time travel to stop his death, but were unable to, and the tragedy of his passing helped put them on the dark path.

… you know, I’ve never thought about this until now, but presumably Jim and Bexley were unable to speak, walk or toilet when they left the universe as fully grown adults. Just in case anyone wanted to imagine what “Dad” might have ended up being like.

Seb Patrick

one of my favoured Red Dwarf fan theories is that the future versions of Lister from Future Echoes (and also the future versions of the crew from Stasis Leak) are from the same timeline as the future crew from Out Of Time

Stasis Leak might work, but Future Echoes Lister isn’t a brain in a jar.

flanl3

Hypothetically they restored Lister to a body at some point.

Ben Saunders

That is possible, t. Siliconia at least

Flap Jack

Stasis Leak might work, but Future Echoes Lister isn’t a brain in a jar.

I may have been operating under the assumption that Out Of Time took place later than Future Echoes.

But then why does Future Echoes Lister look so much older than Out Of Time Cat?

Erm… very good question! Well… uh… maybe felis sapiens age slower than humans, or maybe Future Echoes Lister experienced an M-Corp/Better Than Life (novel)-style aging event without it being reversed? Yeah, let’s go with that!

OK, OK, I’m obviously floundering here, but I think I had a good crack at it. =D

bloodteller

>I may have been operating under the assumption that Out Of Time took place later than Future Echoes.

but the future versions of themselves in Out Of Time are explicitly stated to be from “15 years in the future” while the future lister in Future Echoes is 171 years old.

bloodteller

also, isn’t the incident that turns Lister into a brain in a jar implied to have meant to have happen very shortly after the events of Out Of Time? upon hearing the news, Kryten instantly makes lister his favourite meal, tells him that he loves him, and then empties the whole ship’s stock of chillies into the curry he’s making for Lister because lister points out “there’ll be none left for tomorow” if he does that.

maybe that’s just me, but i always assumed the brain-in-a-jar incident was meant to happen later that same day, which is why kryten is so upset about it.

Flap Jack

Right, fine, lesson learned: thoroughly rewatch episodes before proposing fan theories about them. (The 15 years thing doesn’t directly contradict my second hastily thought up explanation, though!)

However, I think you may just be jumping to conclusions regarding the whole “Lister becomes a brain in a jar tomorrow” idea. I always read it as “Kryten doesn’t know when and how a tragic incident befalls Lister, but the knowledge that it’s going to happen upsets him and makes him want Lister to cherish his body while he still has it”.

International Debris

The Bexley plot in Future Echoes has already been summed up in the wonderful ‘Homecoming’ fan-fic:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12067118/1/Homecoming

Warbodog

While you’re trying to fit contradictory and aborted events into the timeline, remember that Red Dwarf doesn’t take place in real time.

According to dialogue, Back in the Red is “five, six years” since Lister woke up in The End. It’s already been two years by Kryten (episode), and some people interpret Rimmer’s “three years” in Stasis Leak to mean it’s been another year already (when it clearly means those 2 years + 18 months he and Lister worked together). If you assume Lister’s telling the truth about turning 28 shortly before Tikka to Ride, that would mean everything from Stasis Leak to Tikka to Ride takes place over one or two relative years.

Good luck.

Dave

We also know exactly one year passes between Polymorph and DNA.

Flap Jack

The Bexley plot in Future Echoes has already been summed up in the wonderful ‘Homecoming’ fan-fic:

Ooh, I didn’t know about this. Thanks!

And it’s by Karnie as well. :'(

flanl3

Also, if you interpret Queeg as actually being five months, and we also never see how long it takes them to get back to normal at the end of Better Than Life, Stasis Leak, or Thanks for the Memory, all ending on situations that could have lasted weeks or months more, that would compress the OQ series into taking place in at most maybe fifteen months, and that’s if you say that VI really only does take a few weeks (which it sorta does).

Seb Patrick

>While you’re trying to fit contradictory and aborted events into the timeline, remember that Red Dwarf doesn’t take place in real time.

And that not all series take place in the same universe as one-another.

Ben Saunders

Very prescient of Grant Naylor to incorporate the Mandela effect into their work twenty years before it was a thing

Flap Jack

And that not all series take place in the same universe as one-another.

*spits out Leopard Lager*

WHAT?!?!

Pete Part Three

Are we doing this again?

quinn_drummer

It’s a hill Seb will die on I think

bloodteller

>And that not all series take place in the same universe as one-another.

surely not

Dave

To be honest, there are some episodes where I’m not even convinced that every *scene* takes place within the same universe.

flanl3

Surely you can’t be talking about Tikka to Ride.

bloodteller

oh and Skipper and Dimension Jump and Back To Earth and Stoke Me A Clipper and Parallel Universe and Backwards and Timeslides, too.

By Jove its holmes

Speaking of Timeslides, Graham Chapman would have been much better than Ruby Wax. But, cancer doesn’t care whether you are a dockworker or a member of Monty Python.

Ridley

Get down with your bad self?

Seb Patrick

Speaking of Timeslides, Graham Chapman would have been much better than Ruby Wax.

I’m not certain of this. In general Graham Chapman is much better than Ruby Wax but I have a hard time imagining what that scene would have been like with him. So differently-written as to not really be comparable, I guess.

Plastic Percy

I presume there was some rewriting done, as Ruby Wax does play the character as more of one of those irritating late eighties/early nineties style VJs you used to get on MTV. I can imagine Graham Chapman playing it more straight (quiet at the back).

Dave

Speaking of Timeslides, Graham Chapman would have been much better than Ruby Wax.

Not that week, he wasn’t.

Ben Saunders

Wahey.

Katydid

Do you think we’d have gotten to see his penis on Red Dwarf, too?

Hamish

With or without a rubber band?

Plastic Percy

I think we’ll be getting something between “bugger all” and “fuck all”.

bloodteller

fucker all?

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 143 posts - 1 through 143 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.