Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum so…. which rimmer is it ?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    NitroChrisUK
    Participant

is it left to our imaginations . is it series 8 rimmer . or i-vii rimmer returned from being ace ..

as carl said

>Kinda confirmed that this Rimmer is series I – VII Rimmer. (He had resistance to the squid ink.)

who knows …. i certainly don’t

Dessie
    Participant

I think its the original Rimmer. Although i would like to know how series 8 Rimmer died if this is the case.

Rad
    Participant

Rimmer was too good as Ace Rimmer because his weasel cunning was so extraordinary he would just stab the bad guy’s in the back instead of doing something stupidly heroic like attacking the Nazis from a parachute. He was summoned before some Heavenly Ace Council who ordered him to give up being Ace Rimmer for the sake of a little excitement in the universe. He went back to Red Dwarf, saved the day, swapped places with New Rimmer and realised he enjoyed being a goit. The End.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

maybe its a new hologram rimmer with all the other holograms memories aswell

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

And all squid immunities!!

Nakrophile
    Participant

As far as I’m concerned, for me it?s definitely our Rimmer, i.e I-VII Rimmer. I know that VIII Rimmer would have been around in Lister?s life about as much (not counting deep sleeps), if not longer, but when the development is off screen it isn?t the same. That was definitely our Rimmer right there, aside from the fact it blatantly is from a couple of his comments (Polymorph, despair squid) for the most part it just felt like it was him.

No no, definitely our Rimmer.

ChrisM
    Participant

>maybe its a new hologram rimmer with all the other holograms memories as well

I don’t see these as mutually exclusive. Bear in mind that Rimmer is completely an electronic life-form, a simulation of a man. That means the affects of the Despair squid must be a simulation too. (I’m not sure how that could happen, but the affects of the squid’s venom are largely hallucinogenic.)

By combining information from the two Rimmers into the new hologram, the squid immunity would be included too. It’s just more data.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

The whole thing is set in an alternate dimension where the events of Stoke never occurred.

Carlito
    Participant

But then why would Kochanski have been on board to dump Lister in the first place?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Just because Ace never arrived to ask Rimmer to take his place, it doesn’t stop Ouroborus occurring.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

so would that mean the whole of series 8 never happend ?

JamesTC
    Participant

9 years is a long time, what if Rimmer died with Red Dwarf and the gang (inc Kochanski) stole a Star Bug from the mirror universe and got back to ours using it and re-cover the nano-bots and ask them to make a new Red Dwarf, 3 years later Ace Rimmer returns after hundreds of failed efforts to save the universe, the end.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

the ” nine years later ” is a great way of just basicly letting u make our own minds up as to what happend in that time .. unless we told otherwise

JamesTC
    Participant

>3 years later Ace Rimmer returns after hundreds of failed efforts to save the universe, the end.

Which also explains why he is hardlight when they don’t have that technology.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

>Which also explains why he is hardlight when they don?t have that technology.

very true. owell there goes the ace rimmer spin of series haha. all he wanted was a sitcom

Phil
    Participant

I don?t see these as mutually exclusive.

How could they be?

JamesTC
    Participant

A mind patch as seen in ‘Holoship’, snootch.

si
    Participant

>The whole thing is set in an alternate dimension where the events of Stoke never occurred.

Why, what’s happened in Stoke?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

[Slow hand clap]

ChrisM
    Participant

>>maybe its a new hologram rimmer with all the other holograms memories as well

>>maybe its a new hologram rimmer with all the other holograms memories as well

>I don?t see these as mutually exclusive.

How could they be?

Smeg. I just noticed that.

These are the quotes I meant to include:

>And all squid immunities!!

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> so would that mean the whole of series 8 never happend ?

Pinch me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.