Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The 5 Best Red Dwarf Scenes

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

Ben Paddon’s side project The Ministry of British Comedy selected the five best Red Dwarf scenes.

http://ministryofbritishcomedy.com/the-5-best-red-dwarf-scenes/

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Number 2. Fuck the fuck right off.

Imagine thinking the period scene was better than almost everything in series 1-6.

Ridley
    Participant

That’s not a site, that’s lister!

pfm
    Participant

Interestingly enough, it does get a MASSIVE laugh from the audience… XD

The scene actually wouldn’t be that bad if everything wasn’t dragged out so much…it’s so over-egged. As soon as you see the banner and Kochanski’s reaction to it that’s all you need. In that one moment you’re laughing at everything that they then try to get more laughs out of in the next minute. It’s only the first moment that’s funny.

si
    Participant

Can all of Marooned count as one scene?

si
    Participant

I’d definitely go for Camille, “It’s a banana”.
    Others: Polymorph, Boxer Shorts. Future Echoes, Double Rimmer. Legion, Anti-matter chopsticks. White Hole, “So what is it?”.

I like the period banner as a joke, I think it’s one of the better jokes from S8, but not the entire scene.

Yaron Ru
    Participant

how did they do that period scene so that it was so funny for the live audience? wouldnt they be able to see the banner from the start or did they do it on a vt?

MANI506
    Participant

It was filmed live with the audience but on a set that could only be seen on the moniters.

MANI506
    Participant

I’m going by the VIII documentary on that one.

Oh yeah, there are far worse scenes in the same episode, and the banner reveal is quite good, but second best scene in the show? I find it difficult to fathom anybody could genuinely think that.

It may be an overplayed one, but “So what is it?” really needs to be in this list.

I really don’t think i could choose a ‘top 5’ but I agree that the “what is it” scene should be up there and also the scene from Kryten when they meet the crew of the Nova 5.

Oh and I really like the black and white introduction to Stasis Leak, mostly for the line “he went on to attack two senior officers, believing them to be giraffes who were armed and dangerous”.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Don’t list articles usually have some sort of explanation/justification for what’s chosen?

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

“Well I say let’s get out there and twat it.”
    The Nova 5 reveal is fantastic.
    I like the boxer shorts a lot.
    I like the Legion light switch joke.

I don’t really like So what is it? But I understand its appeal.

These types of lists are riddled with problems of subjectivity. But – even with that in mind… – number 2. Not even a little bit.

Jo
    Participant

I suspect it’s deliberately controversial, otherwise some kind of explanation would accompany the list.

Ridley
    Participant

I think the whole site just coasts while hoping people will buy a Vicky Pollard quote in the Indiana Jones font.

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/the-ministry-of-british-comedy-online.html

Yaron Ru
    Participant

The face that this scene didn’t make it to the top of the list is just CRIMINAL!

The funny bit being Hollister is fat.

Yaron Ru
    Participant

yeah that was genius

Nick R
    Participant

Well, those are certainly five Red Dwarf scenes that happen to be on Youtube

(The taranshula scene is the best scene.)

si
    Participant

The taranshula scene! Of course! Classic.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I fucking hate the Ministry of British Comedy and I hope they all choke to death on their own cocks.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.