The End TV Listing 15th Feb 1988

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The End TV Listing 15th Feb 1988

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Seb Patrick 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

quinn_drummer

User /u/Dreamxtreme on Reddit posted this TV Guide Listing for The End from back in 1988

https://i.imgur.com/OG4cCgm.jpg

Find it interesting that Norman Lovett isn’t considered as “starring” … probably the reason the bloke has been a grumpy arse all these years.

Flap Jack

It’s interesting what they decided to spoil and what they decided not to spoil in this listing. Concealing the existence of The Cat – “Danny John-Jules as ?” – but not concealing the main twist of the story, that all but 1 of the crew die.

At least they keep it ambiguous about whether Lister or Rimmer is the one to survive.

quinn_drummer

Yeah I was surprised by them spoiling the crew death too. Especially as, if memory serves, wasn’t it advertised in trailers without giving that away?

Seb Patrick

>User /u/Dreamxtreme on Reddit posted

Well, Doug posted it first.

quinn_drummer

I had wondered why he’d got it from, makes sense he grabbed it from Doug.

GlenTokyo

>Well, Doug posted it first.

Mobilise the GNP legal team!

Dave

But then User /u/Dreamxtreme said something that made me laugh…

quinn_drummer

Well done Dave, I’m actually quietly crying with laughter at my desk at work

flanl3

Strange that they listed the swimming certificates in there despite their nonappearance in The End.

cwickham

Strange that they listed the swimming certificates in there despite their nonappearance in The End.

The swimming certificates joke appears for the first time in Me2, doesn’t it? A nice bonus for RT readers that that finally pays off when they see the finale.

Warbodog

Programme creators submitted their own listings to Radio Times and often had fun with it. Like the Young Ones summaries that tended to have nothing to do with the episodes.

Tuesday 8 May 1984, 21.00

Sick

A psychological British war film set in the Sahara desert. Hugh Freganotte’s sombre Western is diversely episodic but the locations admirably sustain the journey. Like an old favourite shoe: not brilliant but sturdy. Pauline Melville makes a splendid quiche.

Seb Patrick

That’s excellent, never seen that before!

I presume the others are all on Genome…?

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.