Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The Office

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    TheLeen
    Participant

So, first there was “The Office”. Then there was “The Office” (US version) and the German version, “Stromberg”. And now “Obersalzberg”, parody of the German “Stromberg”, as a recurring sketch in the German tv-based sketch show “Switch”. I’m not an Office fan, I think all the version are okay watchable, but this is excellent, hehe.

I just found out some episodes come with English subtitles, so I thought I’d share.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3 English subtitles

Episode 4 English subtitles

Episode 5

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Is Stromberg itself actually any good?

TheLeen
    Participant

Hm.

I never quite got into the format myself, so maybe I’m not qualified to judge.

But I know many people who thoroughly enjoy it, and I intend to watch all the episodes in one go at some point and maybe get to love it like they do.

All I know from zapping in and out of random episodes is, while Brent (was that his name?) is an incompetent git, Stromberg is an incompetent git and quite the sadistic arsehole. Really, he’s just mean. The actor does a very good job of portraying the character.

pfm
    Participant

The key with Brent is the Finch character. Until Finchy comes into it you think Brent is just a 100% arsehole, a dickhead through and through, but then you realise Finchy is the real arsehole and Brent has fallen into this role of TRYING to be an arsehole joker like him.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

That’s an amusing diagram. I especially like the French version. “That’s it! I’m closing the Bureau…for an hour.”

TheLeen
    Participant

Diagrams are fun. I love them. I love diagrams. Mmmmh, diagrams.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

You’d love a job like mine, then!

TheLeen
    Participant

You’re a diagrammist?

Tanya Jones
    Participant

No, I test financial data products against the source databases. Dataflow diagrams galore!

TheLeen
    Participant

They’re making a version in Chile now as well.

I got it wrong the first time.

Phil
    Participant

I just watched episode 3 (because it was the first one with subtitles). I love it, love it, love it, love it, love it.

Joey TORDFC
    Participant

Reminds me of a sketch that Alastair McGowan might have done!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.