Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum To ganymede and Titan!!

Viewing 69 posts - 1 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    hectortheblob
    Participant

OMG!…. i was doing a Google for my own website (WHICH i named afer the first bit of dialogue in Red dwarf “To ganymede and titan yes sir i’ve been around”) AND i found this website! It is great and I wondered if you wanted to do some kind of crossing with my website since we both hav the same name and i have lots of visitors who might wnt to visit oyur site anyway drop me an email benmurdoch@rocketmail.com and this is my site with all the EXCLUSIVE stuff : http://members.lycos.co.uk/toganymedeandtitan/

Carlito
    Participant

> i have lots of visitors

Yeah, 128 according to the counter.

Carlito
    Participant

You also worked out how to use the Copy & Paste functions on your PC. Great.

locusceruleus
    Participant

Don’t be too harsh. I thought the fan fncition and a-level journalisem were quite noteworthy.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

You do know how to use paragraphs, right?

Carlito
    Participant

Shouldn’t the question be “you do know how to seperate the text you just copied and pasted from other sites into paragraphs, right?”

Wilbur
    Participant

I’m pretty sure if you ask nicely they’ll let you link to the ‘Recommendations’ section on this site.

Blisschick
    Participant

#1 website, huh? I find that rather boastful. I’m just sayin’…

Wilbur
    Participant

>#1 website, huh? I find that rather boastful. I?m just sayin??

They don’t normally make #1 websites so hard to find that you need congratulating on finding them.

Blisschick
    Participant

I’ll have to dig out my box of gold stars. :-P

Wilbur
    Participant

Congratulashions! You’ve just found the best gl0d stars post on the itnernet!

An insider tipped me off to The Goldstars, veterans of the Chicago rock and roll scene who apparently got together as friends to simply play the music they loved. What brought them together was a mutual affection for the golden age of primitive rock n? roll as they worshiped the holy trinity of the Farfisa organ, the fuzzed-out guitar, and the wailing voices of American kids trying to sound like British kids trying to sound black.Chicago isn?t a foo-foo veggie burger eating town, Chicago loves the steak AND the sizzle, yet the Windy City has been starving for a meat-and-potatoes rock and roll band amongst the post-rock, punk, power pop and alt-country factions. The Goldstars are just the ticket. Sal is an ideal frontman, his white blues shout, his bass often held aloft, his mop of hair shaking, there is no doubt as to his sweaty commitment. To his right, Skipper mans the keyboards, which he has festooned with gold tinsel. Skipper frequently serves as the emcee, sometimes takes over the bass chores, but his keyboard contributions give every Goldstar tune the right amount of zip. To Sal?s left, filling in on guitar, stands Dag. This guitar virtuoso razzles and dazzles while pumping out the basic chords or concisely slicing up the crowd with a solo. Maintaining control while somehow still adding to the frenzy is the drummer, Goodtime. A band can?t truly rock without a great drummer and The Goldstars truly rock, so that gives you an idea of Goodtime?s skills. He not just the beat of the band, he?s the heart. The electricity of the Goldstars is no surprise when you study their pedigrees. Goodtime and Skipper are both members of Chicago?s most beloved party rock and roll band, The New Duncan Imperials, who have been entertaining thousands with their white trash sounds for years. Dag was last seen playing with Poi Dog Pondering & The Greenwoods. And Sal was hiding his (Gold)star qualities as the drummer for power pop titans, The Krinkles. The Goldstars are a four-man fun factory, tight as a drum, yet relaxed as can be, showing why the sounds of yesterday are worth playing today. The Goldstars recognize that a great song is a great song, and the only way to rock seriously is by not taking rock and roll too seriously.

GOLDSTAR FUN FACTS! 1. Latest CD “Purple Girlfriend” was included on the following “Best Of” lists for 2006: Chicagoist.com, WFMU’s Three Chord Monte show, WORT’s Leopard Print Lounge show, WITR’s Whole Lotta Shakin’ show, WLUW’s Di from the Razor & Di Show, WMBR’s Aural Fixation show, WRTC’s Rock And Roll Pest Control show.2. Both albums “Gotta Get Out! ” & “Purple Girlfriend” made Chicago Sun-Times music critic Jim Derogatis?s top album list of 2003 & 20063. Supported many high profile acts such as: The Dirtbombs, Supersuckers, Los Straitjackets, Dick Dale, Mojo Nixon, Shadows Of Knight, The Romantics, Neanderthals, Sylvan Sylvan (New York Dolls), Blowfly, Plasticland, Hoodoo Gurus, Southern Culture On The Skids, The Paybacks, Andre Williams, The Horrors, Dash Rip Rock and more.4. Successful tour of Holland in September 2005, Spain in September 2007 (w/Andre Williams) & Portugal in November 2008.5. Music placement on TV shows & movies such as:

Carlito
    Participant

You do know how to use the English language, right?

Wilbur
    Participant

Yes, I conducted a search for a subject, copied and pasted text without even reading the context or content, mangled the formatting so that no-one could ever possibly want to read it for themselves, and then wrote an inane and deliberately illiterate introduction…

Please tell me you didn’t actually read it?

peas_and_corn
    Participant

I read the first sentence, then I got the joke.

hummingbird
    Participant

I particularly enjoyed the journalisem(sic).

Wilbur
    Participant

I think we’ve all got something to bring to discussion, but I think it’s best if hectortheblob brings silence

Mr Flibble
    Participant

Ha ha! The photo album is the best – to quote:

i found of all o these pictures in a secret place on the internet and decided to share them with the world. some of them have never been seen anywhere which i think you will agree makes this the most exclusive and birlliant red dwarf website going, an d definitely better than andrew ellard’s fun time emporium

This is like that fanfic we used to get on ATVRD where there wasn’t any paragraph breaks, and the sentences lasted all day.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I do believe we’re talking jape of the decade. Or at least, I hope we are.

TheLeen
    Participant

> andrew ellard?s fun time emporium

What? Where?

Brayds2006
    Participant

I do believe we?re talking jape of the decade. Or at least, I hope we are.

April, May, June, July and August fool?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

*Applauds*

Joey
    Participant

I’m not sure I’d want to visit Andrew Ellard’s funtime emporium. Fail.

locusceruleus
    Participant

Nice work, I must say.

hectortheblob
    Participant

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

This is amusing – Seb did this pissed last night and didn’t tell any of the other G&T staff that it was him until just now. Excellent.

si
    Participant

I’ve just seen this, but saw Seb’s name in the post, thus ruining the joke.

Quite frankly, I’m disgusted.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I couldn’t think of a better way of proving it was actually me. Hang on, I’ll change it back.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

The thing is though – shouldn’t April Fools be unbelievable? Whereas this site is accurate to quite a lot of them out there…

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> The thing is though – shouldn?t April Fools be unbelievable?

Erm… no?

Andrew
    Participant

> I?m not sure I?d want to visit Andrew Ellard?s funtime emporium.

*Rimmer* Everybody says that. */Rimmer*

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

After careful consideration I think the pictures page is my favourite, for the captions and the repeated screenie. Comic timing in a website layout, there.

> *Rimmer* Everybody says that. */Rimmer*

Introduce a promotional price for the tickets and I’ll think about it.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I was surprised at how long it took me to recognise my own stupid words on the journalisem page.

TheLeen
    Participant

>> *Rimmer* Everybody says that. */Rimmer*

> Introduce a promotional price for the tickets and I?ll think about it.

I’ve seen pictures and was very impressed.

I know this isn’t something you could orchestrate or anything, but the fact that most of the huge pictures on the site stop loading and break, leaving big, sad empty spaces, is a nice touch for extracting the urine from old fan pages like this.

Also: omg u liek the TRD site to? I loooooooooove that Web siet it has rela fun games. It has Whinny te Poo hagnman, a mathcing game, draufts, and Teh Smeg Cube SMEG LOLOLOOOLOLLOL!1

Andrew
    Participant
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

The Geek Chase!

Man i haven’t seen that in ages!!!

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> > The thing is though – shouldn?t April Fools be unbelievable?

> Erm? no?

Exactly. April Fools is really about giving all those inept social outcasts an opportunity to feel better about themselves by obsessively pointing out all the April Fools gags.

Jo
    Participant

>http://www.duanedibbley.co.uk

Awww, do you remember? I love the cursor trail :oD

> I?m not sure I?d want to visit Andrew Ellard?s funtime emporium.

What about if I find 2 for 1 tickets on the money saving expert website?

Nakrophile
    Participant

haha

Blisschick
    Participant

I never actually went through the site, since after the first page I just couldn’t force myself to explore another bad website. Now that I know it’s Seb’s, I kind of poked around. It’s pretty funny now that I know, but I would have been in sheer hell if I’d thought otherwise. Great job!

hummingbird
    Participant

If it turns out that teh Ellard doesn’t have a funtime emporium, I’ll be devastated.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Searching for ‘to ganymede and titan’ I found the following LJ account, which was… interesting? http://lismu.livejournal.com/

Blisschick
    Participant

Hmmm, yes, interesting. I have no idea what any of that meant.

Dave
    Participant

“it’s hard to form coherent sentences.”

Clearly.

Joey
    Participant

>> I?m not sure I?d want to visit Andrew Ellard?s funtime emporium.

>What about if I find 2 for 1 tickets on the money saving expert website?

Oh, go on then. But only if it has dodgems.

Seb, did you write all of that??

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

And there was I all ready to accept an enthusiastic new fan with open arms and a mug of tea.

Ho-hum.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Might be a fan…? It’s hard to tell, perhaps the title was random words.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Seb, did you write all of that??

I wrote the intros. All the “content” was C&Ped from elsewhere. See if you can find all the originals!

Joey
    Participant

Kudos.

si
    Participant

I think some stuff – the stuff what numbers in brackets – is from Wiki, I reckon.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I’m still trying to figure out where I got “Andrew Ellard’s fun time emporium” from (I was incrediblycredibly drunk when I wrote that bit). It sounds like Simpsons, but I can’t place it.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

*bump*

Jo
    Participant

Ah, the past there :oD

Jo
    Participant

April Fools wise: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/landing/translateforanimals/

I wish this was real! How awesome would it be?!

Jonsmad
    Participant

There is a great cartoon, I think it might have been A Far Side one. Where an inventor works hard to make such an animal translation machine happen, and discovers that dogs are just going round saying “hey” a lot.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

And there’s Up, of course.

hummingbird
    Participant

Whatever happened to Andrew Ellard’s Funtime Emporium? I was never invited.

John Hoare
    Participant

Best dog=talking cartoon for me is the Dexter’s Lab episode. So much so that the stuff in Up fell slightly flat for me.

Bob Loblaw
    Participant

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs had a fairly funny monkey translator. It mainly said: Steve, lick and moustache.

performingmonkey
    Participant

I think if this was *bumped* every year it would still make me laugh. Starting the post with ‘OMG!…’ is funny enough!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

*bump*

Kris Carter
    Participant

What are you, the Memory Man?

Brayds2006
    Participant

Does it really count if it’s 2 years old? “We are talking Jape of last Decade…”

Jonsmad
    Participant

I think we’ve experienced this period of time before, Sir

Jonsmad
    Participant

And that one.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

See you in ten minutes?

Jo
    Participant

Ah, the past there :oD

Jo
    Participant

The true hideousness is revealed when you don’t have AdBlocker!

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Thats nothing….I was the 1,ooo,oooth visitor and so had won a free prize!! That site has really boosted it visitorship!! :)

Viewing 69 posts - 1 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.