Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum What was the TV trailer like?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Pecospete666
    Participant

So?

Pecospete666
    Participant

Richard Naylor (@RichardDGNaylor)
    8/25/12 6:33 AM
    Everyone who has WATCH, tune in now to see the RDX official trailer Channel 109 on in 2 mins!

mick
    Participant

Same as the one we’ve already seen.

Moonlight
    Participant

I wish it was on YouTube. I want to see those model shots without bad compression artifacting.

si
    Participant

Trailer breakdown:

Dave logo – ‘space’ style, sound FX, lens flare.

Trailer – same as before.

In the break in the final ‘father’s day’ clip, the RDX logo has a different, ‘spacier’ background, which pulls out, with added ‘Coming Soon’ caption, and voiceover: “Red Dwarf Ten – A brand new smegging series. Coming soon, exclusive to Dave”. RDX logo is then replaced with Dave logo, then cuts back to bunkroom scene for “Poppadom” line.

Then caption, with space sound FX: ‘For Launch Date Go To JoinDave.co.uk/Vindalunar’

No difference clip-montage wise, though.

Jimboid
    Participant

I don’t want to side with Pecospete’s Vogan monologues…

…but the promotion for the series has been a bit naff so far. I know, I know…we’re all lucky bunnies to be getting any new Dwarf at all. But the pre Back to Earth stuff was smashing.

si
    Participant

Who cares? Sod the promotion, the actual episodes are amazing, and that’s what matters.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Thanks Si!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Jimboid
    Participant

I just hope it gets the audience it deserves.

si
    Participant

Oh, one other difference between the online trailer and the TV trailer – in the TV trailer, the Dave logo onscreen throughout has *White* writing. That’s *White* writing.

*Public Service Announcement ends*

Jonsmad
    Participant

>the promotion for the series has been a bit naff so far.
    >the pre Back to Earth stuff was smashing.

I agree I enjoyed the back to earth promotion, hugely, and so far more than this years stuff. Some of the attension on Back to Earth I feel was hightened by press interest leaks, coronation street focus, and the imense joy of Dwarf returning after such a longgggggg period of doubt.

The first video character signal teasers from Dave happend just less then 4 weeks before broadcast last time. This time We’ve had an increased amount of picture teasers I think, and some vids not showing much etc during production and model & music teasers since. We’ve had a full trailer much earlier, a character video and a released clip from a show much earlier than any of the brilliant stuff dave had online last year, or on the usb. If it is October 4th then there is still 5 weeks yet before broadcast, as well as this time the trailering of 6 weekly episodes not a three parter to sustain for 6 weeks of promotion. So yeah “so far” as you said, I think we’ve been heavily teasered im not complaining I’ve enjoyed everything, and most shows dont get this kind of attension, (except who).

Pecospete666
    Participant

“The squeky Wheel gets greased”

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Pete Part Three
    Participant

This just gets funnier and funnier.

Ridley
    Participant

He’s paid his deposit, that’s democracy.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.