Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Why did Rimmer wear boxing gloves in bed?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    jellyscare
    Participant

This is mentioned a couple of times throughout Red Dwarf, most prominently in Timeslides, I think. But I don’t really understand why he did it. What’s the purpose?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

To stop him wanking.

srmcd1
    Participant

Probably to defend himself. Imagine being a young Bonehead and living under constant threat of wedgies and pink bellies in Io House.

Pity they didn’t protect him from whatever creep was taking pictures of young boys while they slept…

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

No, it’s to stop him wanking.

Russ L
    Participant

These explanations are not mutually exclusive. The more capable he is of defending himself, the less likely he is to be forced to learn where “Thicky” Holden’s nickname came from.

srmcd1
    Participant

The hardest part of Cyber School is learning the world doesn’t revolve around wanking.

(deleted)
    Participant

But it really is stop him wanking though.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Yes, the wanking thing.

si
    Participant

Wanking.

Right, finished. What did you ask again?

cwickham
    Participant

I’ve heard that Rimmer wears boxing gloves in bed to stop him wanking – is there anyone who can get this confirmed for me?

Does Kochanski wear boxing gloves to stop herself from cutting?

clem
    Participant

Cheaper than putting bromide in his tea in the long run I suppose, but he gets them off pretty easily, doesn’t he?

Not disagreeing btw – the reason definitely is to prevent him from wanking his cock.

srmcd1
    Participant

You’d think with all that school cabbage, he wouldn’t be all that interested in wanking…

Stephen Abootman
    Participant

“he gets them off pretty easily, doesn’t he?”

All good practice for hooking up with Yvonne McGruder

Ridley
    Participant

Probably explains THE APPEAL!!1!

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

>Wanking.
    Right, finished. What did you ask again?

Did a real Sid James at that. I have a cold.

Great thread. Is this something everyone can finally agree on? (I’m discounting the fighting thing as the answer is wanking.)

clem
    Participant

> the answer is wanking.

As is so often the case.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

I bet you could still have a wank with a pair of boxing gloves. If you really want to someone wanking by enforcing a strict glove policy, I’d say chainmail gloves (snag hazard, cold) and cheap gardening gloves (rough as fuck, would dye your cock green) would be the better choices.

But yeah, it was to stop him wanking.

JamesTC
    Participant

Is this also the reason for Kryten’s new bulbous hands?

If a hologram knocked one off the wrist, would there be holo-ejaculate and if so, does it sit around degrading like tape generation loss or disappear after travelling a certain distance from said hologrammatic wankee?

Based on that, can the T-1000 strum his banjo and create liquid metal one-eyed milkman’s special delivery?

When Odo was punished and forced to become a solid, did Odo shoot liquid runabout into his bird’s wormhole?

These really are questions Series VIII should’ve answered.

I have to admit, I’ve often wondered just how hologrammatic sex works.

If someone was desperate for a wank, they’d find out a way, boxing gloves or not. I wouldn’t put it past Rimmer’s upbringing for him to have been forced into a chastity device.

I’m not sure I like the tone of this post.

Jonsmad
    Participant

He took his own boxing gloves off though, when his older self, told him to, didnt he?

I that why Thickie holden managed to get down the patent office first? Because rimmer was still in bed wanking.

Jonsmad
    Participant

I’ve sold this thread to Channel four by the way for £25 million as a new game show format called:
    Knockout? Or Cock out?

GlenTokyo
    Participant

With holojizz, maybe it’s like the rare holomug, Holly/the ship can maintain a number of hologrammatic items that aren’t a human, so if one has a hand shandy, you get a puddle of holosplooge which remains until either the limit of hologrammatic items is reached or the hologram leaves the area/ asks to have it removed.

Hard light holojizz would be wipe-proof.

Their fate will be in each other’s hands, to share, or to holo-shaft.

si
    Participant

Got to love G&T. The only website where you’ll find prolonged conversation about holojizz.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Lister to Red Dwarf. The intruder seems to be blissfully unaware that we have some rather sturdy holojizz in the munitions cabinet.

(deleted)
    Participant

“Cut!”

“I don’t know why I (bleep)ing ate that semen.”

‘You see, for me, everything’s semen’.

jellyscare
    Participant

Is the boxing glove method a real thing? Wish I’d known.

Plastic Percy
    Participant

When I was young, I assumed it was to defend himself from the bullies (i.e. in the event something like Private Pyle’s beating in Full Metal Jacket happened).

Now I’m older, it’s clear it was to stop him making stomach pancakes.

Stephen Abootman
    Participant

Why is he so pleased to find the nocturnal boxing gloves in his room in Legion? A nicer alternative to hitting himself in the crotch with a hammer like in VIII?

Plastic Percy
    Participant

More to the point, if they are such an intrinsic part of his lifestyle then why do we never see him use them?

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

Did everyone else not assume they were tied on against his will* by someone else? A prudish parent, or draconian schoolteacher?

*Desperately not trying to type ‘Against his willy…?’ Fuck.

The gloves remind him of McGruder who, as we know, was the ship’s female boxing champion.

It raises the prospect that Rimmer wasn’t entirely the dominant partner in the bedroom and that said boxing gloves were involved in some sort of sordid game.

I don’t imagine anyone would have thought Rimmer was the dominant partner in the bedroom.

Having said that, I just remembered Demons & Angels.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.