Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum will the bbc take red dwarf back?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dax101
    Participant

maybe if it had stayed at over 2 million on dave, but i cant see them regretting it

what does everyone else think?

i cant see dave giving a great budget for a series 9 or 10 :(

si
    Participant

>will the bbc take red dwarf back?

…and more to the point, do we want them to?

After all, WE are obviously the type of audience that they’re no longer interested in.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

Well it depends on who exactly it was who didn`t want Dwarf and why. They may feel vindicated now as the shows received mixed reviews and lost so many viewers after the first ep. For the BBC to go back to Dwarf now would be strange to me.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

i think the only way we would get a full series is if it returned to bbc. if it stays on dave i can see them doing another special of some kind.

Dax101
    Participant

i dont want another special, for the budget it gets its really is not worth it, and dave is too much of a cheap ass channel for a series

i remember reading in SFX magazine about how DAVE wanted doug to make the movie with them and turn it into a mini series, and with the budget these specials got… makes DAVE look abit stupid

SkyAndSun
    Participant

Nick, those viewing figures are massive for a cable channel. It’s normal for shows to lose viewers like that. A steady audience of 1m for a cable show is, well, about the biggest audience ever under such circumstances, as the recent Dave press release says.

I would like to see a joint Dave/BBC production. That way they’d have the funds for a series.

hummingbird
    Participant

I’d like it to go back to BBC because I would prefer not to have it randomly sliced up by ad breaks. But I’d obviously rather have RD with ads than no RD at all.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

> Nick, those viewing figures are massive for a cable channel. It?s normal for shows to lose viewers like that. A steady audience of 1m for a cable show is, well, about the biggest audience ever under such circumstances, as the recent Dave press release says.

Oh, I know that and I`ve said elsewhere that I think Dave will be very happy.

What I was saying though that whoever decided Dwarf shouldn`t come back to the BBC could use this as justification. They could say that it wouldn`t have sustained an audience and wasn`t considered to be an absolutely successful return or whatever. I`m not saying it would be absolutely accurate but they could use the figures in that way.

SkyAndSun
    Participant

Why would they need to make an excuse? If they don’t want it they don’t want it.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

What I was saying though that whoever decided Dwarf shouldn`t come back to the BBC could use this as justification. They could say that it wouldn`t have sustained an audience and wasn`t considered to be an absolutely successful return or whatever.

In which case you could use this justification to drop all shows, because most shows lose 25-50% through a run.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Horden & Corne started with fewer viewers than Dwarf got at its lowest, and shed about 50% of those during its run. It’s already been given a second series, and ITV are also sniffing around.

si
    Participant

I like Horne & Corden – no it’s not perfect – but I’m in the middle of editing BtE together on the DVD Recorder Hard Drive thing, so I can’t be arsed tonight.

thomasaevans
    Participant

Not sure It will ever come up. The way I see It, Doug will chat with Dave about the outcome of the specials just gone…. ratings, dvds, international sales, etc… And they’ll either say YEAH more! Or thanks that was great. Bye.

Then Doug may aproach the BBC… but I really cant see that happening. Id love to see another channel show some interest in it, but I certainly would be happy If It stayed on Dave. Bloody good channel.

Nakrophile
    Participant

Corden and Horne are in demand now though because of Gavin & Stacey and that utter fail of a film out now, so it’s no surprise their sketch show is getting a second series.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.