Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Witty Article Mentioning Red Dwarf…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

http://www.holymoly.com/celebrity-news/katie-price-could-be-engaged-could-be-attention-whoring-could-be-genuinely-loopy55222

NOT REALLY! But I imagine anything mentioning Katie Price will be of interest to everyone here.

Although for some reason, I can’t shake this feeling that it’s very, very condescending. Hmm…

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Who is Katie Price?

John Hoare
    Participant

You know that episode in Red Dwarf where it turns out Lister is his own father? Good wasn’t it?

No.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

but still, anything’s better than Outnumbered, eh?

I’ve barely seen the show, but even I know this is horseshit.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Hmm. I hate Ouroborus and I hate Outnumbered… But which is shitter?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Outnumbered is brilliant, you fools.

And Ouroboros, while the weakest overall of the four Barrie-featuring episodes in VII, is still probably the best plot-wise after Tikka.

si
    Participant

The ‘better than Outnumbered’ thing is silly.

Now, My Family? Utter bollocks.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Epideme is a smart idea (but with irritating execution). Ouroborus lives or dies on the idea of Lister being his own dad. I’ve never liked the idea and it’s not particularly original.

Actually, I don’t hate Outnumbered as such. It’s better than a lot of other recent sitcoms. I don’t find it particularly funny but I can actually watch it without wanting to gouge my eyes out. I do despair at its attempts to be naturalistic and gag-free when it just comes across as phoney. Other shows with similar aims have done this far better.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I do like the twist of Lister being his own father. It’s just a shame it was in a bollocks episode.

Just to be clear, I was saying that Outnumbered is clearly not shit.

Dave
    Participant

Hugh Dennis is his own father.

JEZZMUND
    Participant

I do like the twist of Lister being his own father. It’s just a shame it was in a bollocks episode.

I am in agreement with these words or sentiments,
    as is Doug if he’s revisiting the premise…

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Ouroborus lives or dies on the idea of Lister being his own dad. I’ve never liked the idea and it’s not particularly original.

No, but the execution was unique. Even if the episode was a bit pants, you can’t argue with the premise.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Yes. Yes, I can.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Series VII never happened.

Except for “Blue”.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.