Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

It’s almost 2 months after my birthday but look at my cake. It was amazing. http://a138.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/107/l_396362abc2b88ebd486d9a28f8a33ac1.jpg

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Kewl. But what’s that big red pencil? ;-)

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Did you eat the Corgi models?

> Did you eat the Corgi models?

They were crunchy.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I LIKE CAKE.

Baz
    Participant

Hmmm… Putting “Red Dwarf Cake” into Google nets two sites. One is a livejournal, the other appears to belong to something called “Spankmag”, which our filter won’t let me see ‘cos it’s naughty.

Spankmag is a forum with pictures of some1body’s 21st. This is her Red Dwarf cake http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/Taylor_Storm/P1010024.jpg

It’s not bad…..mine is better.

Baz
    Participant

Damn… There I was hoping for something involving cake and spanking.

Hmmmm… Erotic cake…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

See, what i’d’ve done is made the front of the dwarf as decoration in the cake and have the candles as the prongs of the scoop sticking out, as if it’s breaking through the cake.

Baz
    Participant

Or replicate Rimmer’s Deathday “spanner” cake.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

or a Gynaecologist’s cake,

hilarity would prevail..

Tonguetied
    Participant

Nice cake, it’s a shame that corgi did not release the original Red Dwarf ship, I mean it was by far the best and what most fans wanted.

Andrew
    Participant

> Nice cake, it?s a shame that corgi did not release the original Red Dwarf ship, I mean it was by far the best and what most fans wanted.

That’ll be why the Corgi line has been one of Dwarf’s most successful items of the last five years, with numbers of Dwarf models sold matching the Starbugs almost exactly.

Me, I’d like to see both out there. And both Midgets. And I don’t deny the standard hardcore fanbase feelings. But when people say ‘most fans’, they generally mean ‘me and the people I know and have seen on the internet’. Which doesn’t quite present the full picture.

Cool cake, BTW.

Tonguetied
    Participant

Well arguably it is true, the record sales do not show that people prefer the original design at all. And I wasn’t disputing Corgi’s most successful items. I disagree, I believe that most fans do prefer the original, and that pretty much every one on this site does so as well. I would love to see the original Blue Miget out there too Andrew, I would also like to see it on the official Red Dwarf site instead of just the remastered form in the Black Box section.

I know I’m just going to seem like I’m being awkward but I think that the remastered version looks better (in terms of shape). And I would love a corgi Blue Midget…is there any chance of another ‘giftset’ for Bodysnatcher?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

You dare ask for more from the Ellard? Is the Re-mastered release not enough for us mere mortals? Do not anger the gods of the Dwarf…

Actually, will there be another giftset, Andrew?

Andrew
    Participant

> Actually, will there be another giftset, Andrew?

Sadly not. The four-disc boxset was considered ‘enough’. I think there’s probably some truth to that,

Tonguetied
    Participant

So when are we going to see the original blue miget in the blackbox section Andrew?

> The four-disc boxset was considered ?enough?.

Just because that is enough doesn’t mean that a giftset would be too much.

Phil
    Participant

I think he means it was considered OFFICIALLY “enough.” He’s not arguing that more would be too much…just that there’s only so far budgets and schedules can stretch.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.