Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Chris replaced by a better actor…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Turk Thrust
    Participant

Sorry if this was mentioned way back when…

I don`t know if anyone remembers the pilot for The Scum Also Rises which Chris was in a while ago. It has been made into a series with Chris`s role going to Iain Lee. Sure to be a huge hit.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

‘The Scum Also Rises with Iain Lee in a lead role’

Tell me someone spots the irony here…

si
    Participant

My god. That pilot was awful. And, to be fair, Chris was awful in it. But Iain Lee…well it’s something else for us to hate him for.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2008/06/bbc2_orders_pilot_of_bbc3_comedy.html

Virgin DJ and former 11 O’Clock Show host Iain Lee joins the cast in a lead role for the new pilot, while the role of the boss, played by Chris Barrie in the original, has been rewritten as a woman. Green Wing star Pippa Heywood, who starred opposite Barrie in The Brittas Empire, is lined up for the role.

So Iain Lee is in it, but he’s not replacing Chris. Helen Brittas is replacing Gordon.

si
    Participant

Your italics, I take it?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

News from June 2008, there.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Your italics, I take it?

Yes.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Iain Lee probably gets talked about more on this website than anywhere else on the internet. Or indeed in real life.

In other words, we’re the internet’s #1 Iain Lee website.

That’s kind of sad.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

How ironic!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster
    Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

“In a misguided attempt to humorously make a point concerning the past actions of Dwain Chambers which are well documented, my own behaviour on the programme constituted off-the-scale idiocy.

“In response, Dwain Chambers’ reaction that morning was exemplary. I wish the same could be said for my own behaviour. He deserved better. I deeply regret my actions and unreservedly apologise to Dwain Chambers for them.”

Pfffthahahahaha.

Richey
    Participant

Dwain Chambers was in the store a few weeks back, signing copies of his new book ‘Race Against Me’, in which he tries to explain how he deserves a second chance.

No comment.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.