Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Jokes you don't/didn't get

Viewing 72 posts - 501 through 572 (of 572 total)
  • Author
    Veeva
    Participant

(It’s “Oh” not “All.”)

That makes more sense

Dax101
    Participant

Nope i have no idea.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

si
    Participant

“Oh, for a really world class psychiatrist.”

Kryten suggests they need a skilled professional to work out what actually goes on inside Rimmer’s head, and maybe even do something about it.

Ridley
    Participant

Dave
    Participant

Excellent.

RickLee84
    Participant

period

noun
    noun: period; plural noun: periods; noun: menstrual period; plural noun: menstrual periods

a length or portion of time.
    “he had long periods of depression”
    Similar: time, spell, interval, stretch, term, span, phase, session, bout, run, space, duration, chapter, stage, while, patch

the interval between successive equal values of a periodic function.

a flow of blood and other material from the lining of the uterus, occurring in non-pregnant women at intervals of about 28 days between puberty and the menopause and typically lasting for a few days.
    “she’s got her period”
    Similar:
    menstruation, menstrual flow, the curse, monthlies, time of the month, menses, time, flowers

NORTH AMERICAN
    a punctuation mark (.) used at the end of a sentence or an abbreviation; a full stop.
    Similar: point, stop, full stop, full point

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

a flow of blood and other material from the lining of the uterus, occurring in non-pregnant women at intervals of about 28 days between puberty and the menopause and typically lasting for a few days.
    “she’s got her period”
    Similar:
    menstruation, menstrual flow, the curse, monthlies, time of the month, menses, time, flowers

Don’t make the same mistake I did last Mother’s Day.

Katydid
    Participant

Here’s a question I brought up in the Discord server:

Is Rimmer in need of a puncture repair kit simply because his blow-up doll is old and leaking air, or is the joke that he fucked an actual hole through it with his raging boner?

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Here’s a question I brought up in the Discord server:

Is Rimmer in need of a puncture repair kit simply because his blow-up doll is old and leaking air, or is the joke that he fucked an actual hole through it with his raging boner?

I’ve always thought well used and has gained a puncture, but not literally fucked to bits.

Yeah, old and worn seems much more like a Rob and Doug gag than Rimmer fucking holes in it.

I think the joke just comes from, it’s rubber and blow up … therefore a puncture is funny!

Warbodog
    Participant

“You could never get a date because you let your mum buy all your casual clothes.”

Is Lister serious or joking about Rimmer’s taste? Accepting that it’s before his mum was characterised, Rimmer’s in (about) his early 30s when Lister knows him and left the nest when he was 18-ish, so is she posting them, or did he hang onto his teenage stock?

Reminded because I also delegate the tedium of clothes shopping. “Here are some plain colours that are acceptable.”

It often seems Lister and Rimmer have the relationship of two men that have laid awake at night just sharing stories of their lives because there is absolutely nothing else to do. It’s quite intimate, even if they’re not “friends” at that point, but I think it wouldn’t be unreasonable for Lister to know Rimmer’s mum bought his clothes when he was younger.

But it also scans that he has just seen Rimmer’s casual clothes and is accusing him of having the taste of a middle aged woman.

Warbodog
    Participant

I thought it might be about his youth, and Lister’s comment about the short trousers might be from an old photo he saw, but it seems like they’re talking pre-accident contemporary, since Rimmer uses the present tense and then goes on about Yvonne McGruder.

If we’re being completely honest, I’d say it probably wasn’t written with either perspective in mind, just a general jibe in Rimmer’s direction that shouldn’t be looked at too deeply.

Headcanon, I’d go with Lister taking the piss rather than Rimmer’s mum actually buying the clothes. Especially considering he divorced her.

Jenuall
    Participant

Yeah I’d take it as just a general jibe from Lister.

The shocking thing really is the revelation that Rimmer actually HAS casual clothes since we only ever see him in some version of his uniform!

Here’s a question probably better suited elsewhere but fuck it …

Rimmer’s uniform. Are we to assume he designed it himself? His sort of take on what the Space Corp uniform should be, much like the Space Corp salute?

Because, from Series III onwards you just assume the show was retconning the uniform in some way, (especially as the interviewee holograms in Holoship wear the same uniform), all the way up to if not Ouroboros (similar old style uniforms, different colour – alt universe etc) then certainly Back in the Red, when it is shown that those early series uniforms actually existed and for some reason Rimmer decided to start wearing something else.

Dave
    Participant

I think from Camille onwards you’re meant to assume it’s a standard uniform, as Rimmer’s version of Camille says she’s a second technician and he doesn’t bat an eyelid that she’s wearing something similar.

I guess you could think of it as formal dress for the space corps compared to the standard work-wear of the khaki uniform.

(Although where that then leaves Rimmer’s white admiral-style suit in the sartorial pecking order is anyone’s guess.)

An alternative possibility is that it’s a special suit design just for holograms, which fits with the kind of extreme evolution of the look that we see in Holoship. We don’t ever see any non-holograms wearing it, do we?

Having said that, in Bodyswap there’s a physical version of it that Rimmer wears while he’s “in” Lister, so presumably real versions of it do exist (unless Rimmer had Holly specially make it for him or something).

I think it is meant to be the case that that was the uniform, and to disregard the khaki uniform from that point on. Which is fine up until the khaki uniform makes a return, in which case … well this is why I ask.

I think with Camille, perhaps it’s able to make Rimmer not notice that the uniform is wrong. She is wearing what Rimmer would expect / want her to wear and any doubt she is able to telepathically wash away.

Craig wearing the uniform as Rimmer in Bodyswap does throw a spanner into the works a bit. It would have to be that Holly (or more likely Kryten) made it for him if it was originally only holographically designed for him.

Jenuall
    Participant

Like many things about the show I think it’s not designed to be thought about in any level of detail!

From a real world production view Howard Burden comes in and everyone from a design/visual perspective realises that the show looks a bit shit and so they add a bit of a gloss to things with the green shiny tunic design. Given that there are no live crew left at this point there’s no real need to consider whether it’s actually an official uniform or not. The gradual evolution of the outfit to include different colours and later the padded quilt look from series 7/8 is just part and parcel of keeping a show looking fresh on TV.

But yeah the problem only really exists because Doug goes back to the old crew for fan service reasons and so we have to bring out a retro style uniform to try and nod toward that and get more nostalgia points (even though they really don’t get the look all that close in reality!) Production wise giving the whole crew shiny material outfits like Rimmer’s 3-7 era looks would have been expensive or more time consuming as well.

What am I actually saying here? Fuck knows! But basically I think you were supposed to assume that the outfit from 3-7 was standard uniform even if it later doesn’t really make sense

Warbodog
    Participant

Not really based on anything, I figured the tunic + vague, non-JMC badge was a standard ship’s hologram thing, the reflectivity giving that hint for the audience’s benefit, and thought we were just supposed to pretend he’d looked like that since he was first booted, like the other retcons.

I don’t think we see any non-hologram, non-hallucination, non-alternate-universe-flashback variants of a uniform to compare before the khaki returned, but Captain Tau in Psirens is wearing what might be a Rimmer-ish badge on her marine gear (can’t find a clearer shot).

Psirens

Kochanski’s namebadge shows that these are Space Corps uniforms of some form. It doesn’t help that neither of them are real though. This show.

Jenuall
    Participant

The whole mix between the Space Corps vs JMC that goes on makes it hard to identify at any point whether that people are wearing is an official uniform from one or the other. Rimmer’s “Dress” uniform that we see in the likes of Me² and Kryten certainly feels more like a Space Corps type affair than something from JMC

How similar is Kochanski’s uniform we see in series 7? She wears a kind of blue outfit in the flashbacks I think – I must admit I haven’t probably watched series 7 for quite a while now

Dave
    Participant

I think we now need to determine whether Kochanski’s red PVC trousers are official space corps uniform too.

<

How similar is Kochanski’s uniform we see in series 7? She wears a kind of blue outfit in the flashbacks I think – I must admit I haven’t probably watched series 7 for quite a while now

Yeah Kochanski’s flashbacks all the crew wear blue uniforms, but you can accept that by just saying it’s an alt reality so the uniform colour was different.

Warbodog
    Participant

I think we now need to determine whether Kochanski’s red PVC trousers are official space corps uniform too.

Made from the same material as the ship-issue condoms.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

Not really based on anything, I figured the tunic + vague, non-JMC badge was a standard ship’s hologram thing, the reflectivity giving that hint for the audience’s benefit, and thought we were just supposed to pretend he’d looked like that since he was first booted, like the other retcons.

I don’t think we see any non-hologram, non-hallucination, non-alternate-universe-flashback variants of a uniform to compare before the khaki returned …

Perhaps he had a lot of trouble accepting he was a hologram and for the first two series insisted on having a live person’s uniform so he didn’t have the constant visual reminder that he was now dead. Then maybe by series III he had better adjusted – plus the fact they don’t spend so much time with old crew in whatever form (time travel, holograms of them, etc.) and there would no longer be the factor of it showing he was very obviously being ‘different’.

We see George McIntyre’s first day as a hologram in the khaki, so it could even have been standard to bring them back in it at first to give them time to adjust. (Not sure how that would work with the hologram interviewees being in the shiny uniform in Holoship from the get-go though – they weren’t around long enough to adjust.)

I’m not proposing any of this as serious theory, just pondering ways it could be explained rather than handwaved.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

The hologram uniform in III-V is like a double breasted naval dress tunic, so I’d say that’s probably the Space Corps standard hologram uniform, maybe for officers (Rimmer asking for an upgrade because he’s got ideas above his station maybe).

The beige work uniform would be Red Dwarf/JMC issue, and maybe he switched because in the first two series, he was focused on maintaining his duties despite his hologrammatic status so wore his uniform.

This aspect was reduced almost entirely until Dave Dwarf, so he just went for standard space corp officer gear, maybe it came with the officer’s quarters?

Obviously in real life, Howard Burden came in and Rob and Doug don’t care about continuity if it looks better or makes their life easier, but that’s the boring answer.

The quilted jobby from VI is I think, a riff on Picard’s ‘off ship’ jacket from TNG, the “man of action officer on the go” look.

Dave
    Participant

The quilted jobby from VI is I think, a riff on Picard’s ‘off ship’ jacket from TNG, the “man of action officer on the go” look.

The quilted material also picks up from the Holoship quilted tunic material a bit.

(That material sticks in my mind as I once made the Holoship-Rimmer costume for myself for a costume competition at school. I was such a cool teenager.)

Yeah Kochanski’s flashbacks all the crew wear blue uniforms, but you can accept that by just saying it’s an alt reality so the uniform colour was different.

Except it’s portrayed as the moment when the timelines diverged, so surely until then it should have been the same?

Warbodog
    Participant

The quilted material also picks up from the Holoship quilted tunic material a bit.

I first saw that costume on the abridged novel cassette inserts, which also featured irrelevant photos of High Rimmer and Gingham Rimmer without context.

Except it’s portrayed as the moment when the timelines diverged, so surely until then it should have been the same?

There’s also (I think) a gold Kryten and a deeper-voiced Cat, so other differences. For the sake of it.

Dave
    Participant

Given that in alt-Kochanski’s reality presumably no-one ever goes back in time and leaves a baby Lister under a grav-pool table, presumably *that* moment must have caused the timelines to diverge earlier than the Kochanski/Frankenstein decision even though it’s that decision that makes the earlier appearance of baby Lister possible.

Talking of which, who are Lister’s parents in alt-Kochanski’s dimension?

Yeah Kochanski taking Frankenstein off Lister isn’t the point that timeline changed. For a start this Kochanski was raised with a very English accent despite being Scottish.

As for who are Lister’s parents in the alt time-line … AlanPartridgeShrug.gif

In Paralell universe did a male Kochanski have a baby with female Lister to create her?

Dave
    Participant

Yeah, Chris Cochansci.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

The grey uniforms are from the 23rd Century. At the turn of the 24th century, Red Dwarf was leaving the Solar System and JMC updated their uniforms.

When Rimmer was booted up, he was initially given his old grey uniform. He then realised that he was wearing an out of date uniform and switched to the more colourful, shiny variants.

When the nanobots restored the crew, they restored the uniform to the *original* design for the 23rd century variant (much like they did with Red Dwarf itself) which is why they’re similar to the original versions, but not quite the same.

Of course, this is all bollocks headcanon devised by a 15 year old dweeb, but whatcha gonna do?

RunawayTrain
    Participant

The hologram uniform in III-V is like a double breasted naval dress tunic, so I’d say that’s probably the Space Corps standard hologram uniform, maybe for officers (Rimmer asking for an upgrade because he’s got ideas above his station maybe).

The beige work uniform would be Red Dwarf/JMC issue, and maybe he switched because in the first two series, he was focused on maintaining his duties despite his hologrammatic status so wore his uniform.

Oh yes that works much better, for me.

I was never particularly a fan of Picard’s ‘off-ship’ jacket, so it’s no surprise that I’m also not keen on Rimmer’s puffy top either. (Love the colours though, of Rimmer’s.)

Flap Jack
    Participant

My thought about Rimmer’s outfit is the same as Pete’s, that the ship’s computer had an archive of all the uniforms used by Space Corp and/or JMC employees throughout the organisation’s history, allowing Rimmer to choose which one he wanted. The Series 3 and onward outfits may have even been added to the database post-radiation leak.

Given that in alt-Kochanski’s reality presumably no-one ever goes back in time and leaves a baby Lister under a grav-pool table, presumably *that* moment must have caused the timelines to diverge earlier than the Kochanski/Frankenstein decision even though it’s that decision that makes the earlier appearance of baby Lister possible.
    Talking of which, who are Lister’s parents in alt-Kochanski’s dimension?

This was a serious bugbear for me for ages, but an answer was relayed to me on here a while ago which I found satisfactory enough.

The answer is: a baby Lister was left under the pub pool table in Kochanski’s universe, because prior to the divergent point (whether it’s Lister or Kochanski who goes into stasis) they were the same universe – literally.

That doesn’t explain every other parallel Lister of course (specifically the ones where the timeline is different before baby Lister is found, or where Lister looks different – the Rule63Verse being the obvious example), but I guess we can assume that those Listers achieved the stable time loop independently of ours, with or without cross-dimensional breeding. Not every Lister needs to do it even, just 1 per each infinitely large cluster of alternate timelines that share the same root.

It’s simple, really.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

My thought about Rimmer’s outfit is the same as Pete’s, that the ship’s computer had an archive of all the uniforms used by Space Corp and/or JMC employees throughout the organisation’s history, allowing Rimmer to choose which one he wanted. The Series 3 and onward outfits may have even been added to the database post-radiation leak.

Interesting, that also works – for post-radiation leak uniforms, the ship would have been in inhabited space still, long enough for the database to be updated automatically (remotely).

The answer is: a baby Lister was left under the pub pool table in Kochanski’s universe, because prior to the divergent point (whether it’s Lister or Kochanski who goes into stasis) they were the same universe – literally.

That’s only if you accept that the divergent point is Kochanski going into stasis. Which I don’t as there’s too many other differences.

Jenuall
    Participant

Interesting, that also works – for post-radiation leak uniforms, the ship would have been in inhabited space still, long enough for the database to be updated automatically (remotely).

Technically even if they didn’t get updated whilst the ship was still in inhabited space it’s possible that new uniform data could have arrived on the post pod that catches up with them in BTL

RickLee84
    Participant

Yeah, Chris Cochansci.

I imagine that’s pronounced cock-chanski as he’s a dude.

Yeah, Chris Cochansci.

I imagine that’s pronounced cock-chanski as he’s a dude.

And we call Chloe’s character Mockchanski

That’s only if you accept that the divergent point is Kochanski going into stasis. Which I don’t as there’s too many other differences.

As long as the divergent point is after Lister’s birth, it should still work though, surely? The uniform change could easily have been implemented a few days before the flashback.

Hell, given that Frankenstein is a kitten in the flashback, the uniform could have changed from the blue one that day after the flashback, and everything else we see from the pre-accident ship could have been set afterwards. I think I’m onto something here.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

Technically even if they didn’t get updated whilst the ship was still in inhabited space it’s possible that new uniform data could have arrived on the post pod that catches up with them in BTL

Yes, true, I forgot about that.

Warbodog
    Participant

given that Frankenstein is a kitten in the flashback

I forgot about that! Surely that kitten’s way too young to be pregnant? Google says minimum 4 months. It looks a lot younger, but suppose it could be small. It’s their universe, their physical law applies.

As long as the divergent point is after Lister’s birth, it should still work though, surely? The uniform change could easily have been implemented a few days before the flashback.
    Hell, given that Frankenstein is a kitten in the flashback, the uniform could have changed from the blue one that day after the flashback, and everything else we see from the pre-accident ship could have been set afterwards. I think I’m onto something here.

Well the uniforms and Kochanski herself.

I’ll much more readily accept that universe is vastly different to ours and is no way the same enough that it diverged after Lister is left under the table.

Jenuall
    Participant

I love that the flashback to the Aigburth Arms shows some kind of futuristic pub whilst when they go back to see 17 year old Lister in Timeslides and it’s just a normal contemporary 1980s pub.

I know it would have been done for budget reasons in Series III but I quite liked that the earlier parts of the show kind of gave the impression that the world hadn’t actually changed all that much

Kochanski herself

Given that Lister immediately recognises Khloe’s Cochanski, I think we’re meant to take it as a retcon. As far as Lister’s concerned, she’s pretty much the same person he dated.

I’m definitely headcanoning my uniform change theory, though.

Kochanski herself

Given that Lister immediately recognises Khloe’s Cochanski, I think we’re meant to take it as a retcon. As far as Lister’s concerned, she’s pretty much the same person he dated.
    I’m definitely headcanoning my uniform change theory, though.

Oh I fully accept the show expects us to believe it is the same person, but for the fact she is is different to the audience, a different reality is the way to explain it.

Flap Jack
    Participant

It still works as an answer, as long as the point of divergence is after Lister was found as a baby. (Though I am on the side of thinking that the other, earlier differences are just production details or retcons, not indications of earlier divergence.)

GlenTokyo
    Participant

I love that the flashback to the Aigburth Arms shows some kind of futuristic pub whilst when they go back to see 17 year old Lister in Timeslides and it’s just a normal contemporary 1980s pub.

I know it would have been done for budget reasons in Series III but I quite liked that the earlier parts of the show kind of gave the impression that the world hadn’t actually changed all that much

In the future, pool will be shit because the tables are suspended on chains.

I can only really think of one sport/game where the flatness and immovability of the playing surface is absolutely fundamental, has to be out no more than half a millimetre end to end, a quarter of a millimetre across the width, and that’s the one they hung from chains.

Suppose you could explain it away with GRAV POOL but good luck with any shot you need to approach from the corner when there’s a massive chain in the way.

In the future, pool will be shit because the tables are suspended on chains.
    I can only really think of one sport/game where the flatness and immovability of the playing surface is absolutely fundamental, has to be out no more than half a millimetre end to end, a quarter of a millimetre across the width, and that’s the one they hung from chains.
    Suppose you could explain it away with GRAV POOL but good luck with any shot you need to approach from the corner when there’s a massive chain in the way.

No wonder Lister is shit at pool, the entire sport has been fucked with so no-one can play it.

Nick R
    Participant

I Ctrl+F’d through this topic to see if anyone had posted this before, and surprisingly they hadn’t:

It took me an embarrassingly long time to get “goalpost head”.

At first I assumed it was a literal description of Rimmer’s head shape. One that, like “flared nostrils”, may or may not have any connection to the actual shape of Chris Barrie’s head.

But that confused me: if it was a joke about head shape, then wouldn’t that be something that would apply to Kryten more than Rimmer?

Instead, maybe it was a reference to how uncool Rimmer is: he’s such a square that he’s like the right-angle join between goalpost and crossbar?

Or maybe it was simply a generic insult, a creative replacement for the word “dickhead”?

So it was a long time before I realised it was a reference to the H on his forehead.

Warbodog
    Participant

I thought along the same lines, like he’s a stick-in-the-mud or something. I might have got it when HSBC did an advert using a rugby goal for their initial, or I just read it online eventually and felt stupid like the ‘Miles Prower’ pun from Sonic.

Spaceworm Jim
    Participant

I was feeling smug about having never had trouble understanding even the subtlest of jokes in Red Dwarf, but it turns out I have ample trouble understanding jokes made by Rob Grant at award ceremonies which, in retrospect, aren’t subtle.

Tangentially related, there’s a bit in Colony about Eddie’s dad being a gambler and replacing Eddie’s Christmas present with something else. Readers, what is it he replaces the present with?

Goalpost Head was a fairly recent one for me, too. I thought it was a variation on blockhead or similar.

Unrumble
    Participant

I’ll throw my hat into this ring of ignorance too, seeing as we’re all confessing!

You guys all know that when Lister said “maybe ace hole” he was implying “arsehole” right?

Jenuall
    Participant

I like the spirit of this thread – there’s a humility to the admission that people maybe only just got a joke that was pretty obvious to everyone else for the last 30 years.

It certainly beats the kind of angle you get on these things from the likes of Reddit where the subs for TV shows are usually full of people posting things like

“OMG FUCK!!! You won’t believe this! Just discovered a secret hidden joke after watching this episode for the 100th time, so super secret!!!!”

And then you read it and it’s literally just the most straight and obvious joke ever, there’s literally no way the scene could be read in any other way than the joke which this person thinks is some kind of megaton secret.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Red Dwarf reddit is appalling, worse than facebook so that’s saying something considering Red Dwarf facebook is just a load of pictures of smeg toasters.

Warbodog
    Participant

There’s also the angle that many of us have been watching since we were kids, when we were used to letting things we didn’t understand fly over our heads unquestioned, and sometimes have to remember to shake that off to suddenly get the joke (e.g. rubber shares).

Yeah I’m only joshing.

I do like seeing how people’s minds worked as kids. And I certainly get not questioning something for so long then it not twigging.

Jenuall
    Participant

There’s also the angle that many of us have been watching since we were kids, when we were used to letting things we didn’t understand fly over our heads unquestioned, and sometimes have to remember to shake that off to suddenly get the joke (e.g. rubber shares).

Yeah I often think about this aspect of things. I’ve been watching Dwarf since I was a child and so a whole bunch of stuff must have gone over my head, but I can’t think of a specific “AHA!” moment when I suddenly realised a reference. I think it helps that the delivery of the material is so good in the show that even if you don’t necessarily understand exactly what they are referring to the general concept of “someone has made a rude/suggestive joke” still lands and the adolescent mind gets that it’s humorous without needing to know the specifics!

Spaceworm Jim
    Participant

I think it helps that the delivery of the material is so good in the show that even if you don’t necessarily understand exactly what they are referring to the general concept of “someone has made a rude/suggestive joke” still lands and the adolescent mind gets that it’s humorous without needing to know the specifics!

Yeah! I had no idea what taramasalata or hummus were the first dozen or so times I saw Dimension Jump but Robert’s performance still made me find those lines hilarious. Same with tarka dhal and Psirens. I saw series three at an age where Timeslides left me wondering why there was a woman called Rachel on board who we never saw and what had happened to her bike. 27 years old I was.

I thought Tarker Doll and Bindy Bajjy were just funny alien names for a long time. Didn’t get into Indian style food until my 20s so finding them on menus was fun.

I still don’t actually know what taramasalata actually is, and I’m not going to Google it, just so I can legitimately make this post.

I thought Tarker Doll and Bindy Bajjy were just funny alien names for a long time. Didn’t get into Indian style food until my 20s so finding them on menus was fun.

I still don’t actually know what taramasalata actually is, and I’m not going to Google it, just so I can legitimately make this post.

Was it one of those things where you had to try one because you’d heard the names?

I’ve had a prawn vindaloo just because Lister hadn’t. Was ok.

I’ve also had a chop suey thanks to System of a Down. That was ok too.

Taramasalata is a greek fishy dip.

Dave
    Participant

I’ve never had trout à la crème.

I’ve never had Rimmer’s mum come to think of it

Yeah, tarka dahl has become one of my go-to curries, tried partially because of the Red Dwarf reference.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

Red Dwarf reddit is appalling, worse than facebook so that’s saying something considering Red Dwarf facebook is just a load of pictures of smeg toasters.

To be fair, rule number one of the reddit is no Smeg appliances. Nothing about toasters though, unless they happen to be made by Smeg. This is not a comment on the quality of it otherwise, though.

I think it helps that the delivery of the material is so good in the show that even if you don’t necessarily understand exactly what they are referring to the general concept of “someone has made a rude/suggestive joke” still lands and the adolescent mind gets that it’s humorous without needing to know the specifics!

I had a very innocent mind until the internet corrupted me in my late 20s. So I identify very much with the bit in bold!

[I actually had a bit of a moment with something else I recently watched, it wasn’t anything rude but took me a couple of episodes to realise that two characters weren’t just very good friends but were a romantic couple … well, I say ‘realise’, but them kissing did rather give it away!]

Dave
    Participant

Watching Blackadder as a kid and then again as a teenager was always the big one for me, I was amazed that someone had gone in and edited all these new rude jokes into the episodes.

Warbodog
    Participant

I’ve always thought of sex dolls as more of an old-school joke gift than something people would actually use, which means I’ve been spared from imagining Rimmer actually mounting one (and Lister getting sloppy seconds). Along with the idea of Spiderman/Tarzan cosplay being the height of kink, Red Dwarf’s fairly wholesome in that department. Apart from the Lolita bit. And Back in the Red, obviously. And Last Human and Backwards.

Viewing 72 posts - 501 through 572 (of 572 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.