Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum New Red Dwarf Episode Announced August 24th 2008

Viewing 100 posts - 101 through 200 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Tonguetied
    Participant

I think it should be shown on BBC2, are BBC Word Wide co-funding it with an american company?

I think having a bit of Ace in there would be good.

hummingbird
    Participant

I think having a bit of Ace in there would be good.

As much as I love the characters, unless they can do something fresh with them then I think Ace, Dwayne, et al should be put to rest.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Kryten: Welcome back Mr Lister sir. That was quite an extensive period in Deep Sleep.

Lister : You’re telling me, Kryters. What’s happened to my hair?

Rimmer : Count yourself lucky, Listy. A wire was loose in my lightbee and I’ve lost most of mine.

Lister : Y’know this reminds me of that time when you lost control of your legs.

{clip from Queeg}

Lister : Now that’s what I call a sticky situation!

(They laugh. I die a little inside).

Tonguetied
    Participant

Ace would be a great idea Smeg4Brains, I can imagine the story involving the original hologram rimmer returning as Ace saving the crew or something. But then again, would be good if the human Rimmer of series 8 died in the special and was resurrected with the original big gray H glued on, even though it looked naff.

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

Ace would be good if there was a second special, as it would see the return of the original Rimmer and it would be great to hear, how he fared as Ace. for this special it would be wise to play it safe and then do more backstory in a possoble second special. the reason I keep on mentioning a second special, is that last year’s return of The Royle Family was mean’t to be a one-ff (I think) but hasn’t Carloine written/writing a second special, to be broadcast this Christmas?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Red Dwarf and adverts are a horrible mix and totally ruin the show.

That’s because adverts in Dwarf so far are inserted in higglety pigglety. When a show is designed to have adverts in, in the right hands they can be timed and paced very well.

what about the Fan?s who don?t have Freeview/FreeSat, how are they going to watch it?

By buying a fifteen quid Freeview box from Tesco? In fact, how are fans without Freeview going to view ANY telly in a couple of years time?

Not that I wouldn’t prefer new Dwarf to be on terrestrial, of course. But beggars can’t be choosers.

Tonguetied
    Participant

There’s meant to be a Jonathan Creek special this christmas too isn’t there?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

By buying a fifteen quid Freeview box from Tesco? In fact, how are fans without Freeview going to view ANY telly in a couple of years time?

The telly reception in our area is so crap that we barely get any digital channels despite owning a hundred quid recording box thingy. Dave is not one of the ones we’re able to get. But if there were any new Dwarf, and it was only available on Dave… do people REALLY not think it’ll be on the internet within hours of first broadcasting? And if I’m desperate to see it at the moment of broadcast, as with Who… well, I’ve got mates, haven’t I?

John Hoare
    Participant

With the clips stuff – it’s important to remember that this hasn’t been confirmed officially anywhere!

But *if* the special includes any clips, then I don’t neccessarily have a problem with it. Yes, we’ve all seen them to death, but if it’s for a mass audience that hasn’t seen it all endlessly, it serves a purpose. (It’s true that Red Dwarf doesn’t clip easily, mind you – context is everything.) Let’s just hope that if clips *are* there, then there’s enough other meaty stuff – if there isn’t, I’ll complain massively, but I don’t have a problem with them being there per se.

After all, the ‘Allo ‘Allo special a while back had its fair share of problems – but the format was absolutely sound. It was a good show, and with a bit of tweaking (mainly to do with how the clips and interviews were presented), could have been a great one.

And *if* the show does end up being a retrospective – who knows, as Robert says, it might open the way to another series, or the Movie in some form. You never know. It’s obvious that the special has stirred up interest – if it proves Dwarf is still viable, who knows what will happen?

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

I’ve got Freeview, so I?m not concerned. I was just saying for those who haven’t got it yet, it will be a shame, though I dare say it would soon become available.

Tonguetied
    Participant

Yeah it will have to be written with the mass audience in mind, which will inevitably affect the series/specials after this one, if they are indeed made. I wonder how much of the story will be more directed towards the red dwarf fanbase who know about the history of the show.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

You *can* have it both ways though – the first Futurama film is a great example of reintroducing the characters and the universe for newcomers, whilst also being very very fan-pleasing.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>Yeah it will have to be written with the mass audience in mind…

Well, Red Dwarf WAS…up until VI, VII and VIII and peaking with Nanarchy (which is so fanboyish it’s irritating).

>With the clips stuff – it?s important to remember that this hasn?t been confirmed officially anywhere!

I’m struggling to think of any original content that’s been produced for Dave, so clip-shows make sense. As a result, this has made me even more pessimistic for this revival than ever.

And if it is a clip-show (regardless of how much new stuff is shoved in there), we can stop referring to it as an “episode” and start referring to it as the “Red Dwarf Selection Box”.

Using a clipshow to introduce people to a show is piss-poor. The primary reason why these abominations are in existence (and, sadly, it’s a US thing that seems to be being used more and more here) are to save money.

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

true, that is a work of Genius and easily trumps The Simpsons Movie. though i’ve yet to get the second film, after reading the reviews. what’s the general opinion on the second film, hit, miss or may be?

John Hoare
    Participant

I do disagree with you Pete, but I’ll wait until any official announcement before I get into that debate. No point having it until we know what the show is going to be!

Tonguetied
    Participant

How many Futurama movies have there been? Is it just the 2? The series is finished right, just has direct to dvd movies concluding the franchise. I always thought Futurama was a interesting beast compared with The Simpsons, very different.

philmyer92
    Participant

I think intro to series 6 was brilliant for introducing the chracters except the cat wasn’t mentioned.

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

in total there will be 4 Futurama straight to DVD movies, which have been made so that they are Blu-Ray ready, Yay! once all the movies are out, each movie will be cut in to 4 shows, this will then give Comedy Central 16 “new” shows to be broadcast on TV. the same thing was done with the Family Guy DVD movie.

Andrew
    Participant

Anyone who hasn’t GOT Freeview, but has an internet connection to moan about what they’re not seeing, deserves a slap. Anyone who has neither…hmmm, not sure how we prove they exist. :-)

(This excludes those who are out of the service area, obviously. Though Freesat now is only slightly more expensive that digiboxes were when I bought mine, oh so long ago…)

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Fucking hell, it’s all happening tonight, isn’t it?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I’ve never seen an explosion of news hit us that quickly. I feel quite overwhelmed with it all, frankly.

Andrew
    Participant

God I do hope we can correct all the misleads soon. It’s driving me nuts watching it!

Mnoooah
    Participant

Well, since teletext thinks Robert Talked to Canadian TV and confounding Canada and the US is obviously an EPIC FAIL (to Canadians) AND the sun is just basically horrid, I would council against having any of it. As for Andrew, misleads are regrettable for us all. However as the gatekeeper of the sacred revelations you have been a colossal and inverterate TEASE over the past several months so if this is at all frustrating may I just say, nah nah nah… nahnahnah.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

as the gatekeeper of the sacred revelations

Are you the keymaster?

pfm
    Participant

> what about the Fan?s who don?t have Freeview/FreeSat

Fuck them.

> I?m struggling to think of any original content that?s been produced for Dave

That’ll be why it won’t be on Dave. As I mentioned before, the new UKTV channel, Watch, is aiming for 50% original programming, so it MAY be on there. However, the clips idea (hopefully something that would be seperate from the 1 hour special) sounds like something that would be on UKTV Gold (to be rebranded simply Gold in October). So either Gold or Watch, that’s how it’s looking.

Of course, the best place for broadcast is, and always will be, BBC2. But if BBC TV aren’t playing ball (no-one’s as of yet said that they’re not) it’s not as though we’re not gonna accept Dwarf elsewhere. Please don’t whine about advert breaks FFS…

ChrisM
    Participant

Adverts are fine. Time to pop of for a nice cup of PG Tips.
    It’s the taste.

End of ad.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Clip shows? Sounds like a new Smeg-Ups tape, but more pointless.

Ah well.

Tyrell Corporation
    Participant

If it is a clip show, I shall NOT be watching.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

I’d still watch it, record it and buy the DVD. My love of Red Dwarf transcends all bounds of logic and taste.

Tyrell Corporation
    Participant

The Bodysnatchers Collection was the logical conclusion to Red Dwarf, it was a gift for the fans, chock-a-block with documentaries, commentaries, extras and various geeky options.

I can only hope for a one hour special, written by Doug Naylor using elements of the ‘Earth’ script, and series IX comissioned for Autumn 2009, written by Doug, co-produced with Rob Grant and directed by Ed Bye.

But there’s no effing chance of that…

peas_and_corn
    Participant

As long as we’re thinking in terms of awesome possibilities, how about a one hour special, spurring a rich person commissioning a red dwarf trilogy of movies?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

And for dessert; a cure for cancer.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Only three types. But you can choose which ones!

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Bum, cock and ear.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

I am very fearing that it’s going to be a retrospective of the show, like the DVD documentaries except naff….interspersed with short sketches featuring mobisode-quality writing.

I very much hope that I am a massively wrong tit.

Tyrell Corporation
    Participant

You’re probably right.

You’re still a decomposing tit though.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Hey!

*arm drops off*

Phil
    Participant

One thing I don’t understand is that we have something that sounds like a clip show (new sketches and “best bits”) but we also have…ahem…”confirmation” that it will be four specials.

Now FOUR clip shows, as we all know, will probably cause severe diarrhea to everybody on this forum. (Though I guess it is possible…each clip show featuring the “best” of two series’…gah! Why am I rationalizing THAT?)

Or maybe it’s just one reeeeeeally long clip show broken into four parts?

The most likely answer is that we’re getting wrong information.

Here’s to eventual clarification.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

The most likely answer is that we?re getting wrong information.

This.

Why are people getting angry about unsubstantiated rumours? This is new Red Dwarf, you stupid twats.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Exactly, I’m so overexcited that I want to take any available snippet of information and rub myself against it in a sexual manner.

Sometimes, these little snippets are disappointing or oddly-shaped, and they chafe the engorged genitals of my imagination.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>Why are people getting angry about unsubstantiated rumours? This is new Red Dwarf, you stupid twats.

Well, fair point…but I was “angry” about NEW Red Dwarf long before the clip-show rumours.

Baz
    Participant

Highlander 2 was new Highlander. And it was an abomination that turned a marvellous fantasy epic into a tacky science fiction adventure. Yes, I want more Dwarf, but not at any cost.

A clip show with extra bits? Not exactly thrilled but IF this is what’s going to happen then I’ll wait to see what it’s like. It might be a skillfully crafted celebration of our favourite show which ties up the loose ends and brings the whole thing to a satisfying conclusion.

Or it might be a pile of crap that goes down like a lead balloon dragging the whole franchise with it.

We shall have to wait and see.

Phil
    Participant

>This is new Red Dwarf, you stupid twats.

So was Red Christmas.

I think it’s safe to say we’re all very excited by the prospect. But, at this point, you have to excuse a certain amount of healthy skepticism as well.

Tonguetied
    Participant

I think whatever happens with this new show it’s always going to go down a route that some people will be pleased with and others won’t. But then again that’s the case with past Red Dwarf series too. However I think that however good or bad it turns out, at least it’s something new. Something we can rant on about. I honestly thought we’d never get to see Dwarf returned to tv whether that be on the BBC or a satellite channel. I’m grateful for whatever happens.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

As I said before, I will watch whatever it is cos I’m a Dwarf fan, but I would say that if it’s shit, I’d rather have nothing – which was my stance on the mobisodes. Saying that “any Dwarf is good Dwarf” is a bit like saying that you’d fuck a combine harvester because it still constitutes getting laid.

But, hey…it may well be brilliant.

Tonguetied
    Participant

I’d rather have something than nothing, even if it doesn’t meet expectation, just to have a conclusion would be great.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

This is all true – better dead than smeg, as it were. And if this special turns out to be rubbish, I’ll be the first to say so. I’ve never been anything other than scathing about the quality of the mobisodes. But to make judgements about the quality of the show based on unconfirmed rumours is plain stupid. It’s daft enough to make judgements based on *confirmed* rumours before you’ve seen the show, but this takes the biscuit.

I’m not saying that because it’s new Dwarf it’ll automatically be good. I am not a cretin. I’m just saying that in the last couple of weeks we’ve gone from “no new Dwarf ever, the franchise is dead” to “full cast reunion special being shot next month, with a possible series to follow”. Being cynical is fine, but deciding that’s it’s going to be shit at this point is just as stupid as deciding that it’s going to be great at this point, no matter what the rumours.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

But nobody has decided anything. I can only speak for meself, but all I was saying is that they fear it will be naff if it turns out to be a clip-show special as suggested by the current unsubstantiated rumours. Not that it WILL be shit, just that a clip show doesn’t sound too promising. Bollocks those rumours may be, but they’re all we have.

Besides, anyone is quite withing their rights to say “that sounds like a bad idea”. You don’t need to have seen the finished product to form a speculative opinion on it. Of course, the finished product may change that opinion…but that remains to be seen.

Nobody knows anything for sure at this stage.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Listen to this dude Ian, he knows what he’s talking about.

I don’t think Red Christmas is even CLOSE to giving us a fair indication of the quality of this special. They’re completely different things with completely different circumstances. It’s a different SHARK!

So: assuming the rumours about it being a clip-show/new material type affair, this is what I’d most like to see: We carry on from the end of Only The Good (I don’t mind if we don’t see the cliffhanger resolution. They could cut to them all in the bunk room saying “phew, that was a close one!” for all I care) and we see them partake in a big adventure that gives them the in-universe excuse to fit the clips in. Say: they return to Earth and we see clips from a ‘documentary’ interviewing the characters and remembering past events (old episode clips) and how they got back to Earth (the new material).

God knows how that leaves the other specials that are rumoured, though.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

It’d be cool to have a series 3-style turnaround with a speedy opening crawl. No other resolution required.

Something with a fresh new feel, but dynamite writing…I’d go for slick but apparently low-tech / low-budget…with a sandy colour scheme. And new haircuts. And buttons.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Actually, I reckon I’d start with them on Earth…it’s a Mad Max-style barren wasteland and they’ve been living in makeshift shelters for the past several years, trying to make the best of the situation. Lots of potential for funny small-scale stuff on a tiny budget.

Maybe humans have gone / died out…and only other inhabitants are clans of simulants / GELFs. Kryten is attempting to tidy the place up, Rimmer is trying to be in charge, Lister is just trying to get a tan. Cat and Kochanski are…er…doing something else.

It’d have bunkroom humour, the bleakness / desperation of being stranded…as in deep space or in Marooned…but it’d be something new.

pfm
    Participant

> I am not a cretin.

> I?m just saying that in the last couple of weeks we?ve gone from ?no new Dwarf ever, the franchise is dead? to ?full cast reunion special being shot next month, with a possible series to follow?.

It was never implied that ‘the franchise is dead’. Doug clearly stated Dwarf wasn’t over

You’ve all lost the plot. Just wait for what GNP has to say (probably not this Friday).

Phil
    Participant

>I don?t think Red Christmas is even CLOSE to giving us a fair indication of the quality of this special.

Oh agreed. (And I hope I’ll still agree after this special airs.) I just mentioned it as a counterpoint to the “It’s new Dwarf!!!!!!” excitement.

Hey, I’m excited, too. A clipshow doesn’t exactly fill my jeans with joy but, like everybody else, I’ll watch it. And even if it sucks, if the special features are good, I’ll probably buy it.

But the fact is, the conclusion of Bodysnatcher aside, we haven’t seen ANY great Dwarf material from Doug in at least 10 years. (And a lot of people would argue it’s been even longer.)

Red Christmas is not an indicator of how good the special will be. Of course not. But it IS the only “fresh” “new” material we’ve had since the show ended. AND it’s recent. While it doesn’t mean the special will be shit, it’s certainly not confidence inspiring.

Obviously the special will speak for itself.

Until then, rumors are flying around.

Reacting to them is the closest thing to entertainment we’ve had in the fandom for a decade.

Let the babies have their bottle.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

We’re just excited. It’s like a bunch of prisoners getting their first glimpse of tit in 20 years. You can’t help but wonder what else lurks within the bra, if you’re going to be seeing page 3 style action or if the minge will be involved…and the quality of said minge.

Excuse me, that was an analogy too far. Now I feel dirty.

pfm
    Participant

> You can?t help but wonder what else lurks within the bra.

Apart from two veiny sacs of fat, you mean?

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Ah, yes…but what lurks beneath them?

Is that…a curly wurly and a handful or wotsits?

Or is it a turd and a nest of grubs?

Let the debate begin!

Andrew
    Participant

> Reacting to them is the closest thing to entertainment we?ve had in the fandom for a decade.

Slight overstatement?

pfm
    Participant

Jim, you seriously are out of your tree.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

*waves*

Phil
    Participant

> I am not a cretin.

It’s spelled “Kryten.”

Dave
    Participant

Bloody hell, I go to the Edinburgh festival and find myself almost bereft of the internet and while my back is turned G&T goes to Def-Con 2.

The BBC is no longer interested in the audience that Robert Llewellyn’s wink used to attract.

Steve Harris
    Participant

Much as I love the thought of the cast back together, I have to say I would be disappointed if it does turn out to be nothing more than clips with the cast reminiscing.

In truth, the DVD?s have provided more than enough of serious documentary and looking back for me. It also begs the question, why invest in a show in clip format and chat when a lot of that already exists in DVD format and could be shown on TV to reach a wider audience.

At this point in time, the specials could be any format, but Rob mentioning Doug working on it, fills me with hope.

Clearly this has stirred up a huge amount of on-line interest and despite the Sun being the offspring produced from the spawn of Satan, it has also helped to activate interest.
    Andrew has hinted that the truth may lie between the words of Robert and those of then Sun! but only time will tell.

Obviously, ripping ideas to shreds that may or may not even exist at this time, is a bit like my local football team (totally fucking pointless), but speculation is healthy.

Surely if the time scale hinted at is correct, the whole thing must be pretty far along the planning route so I would hope to see an official announcement fairly soon. It would also be nice to see the on-line momentum going, something we know that can wane fairly quickly.

There?s so many ways this can go, it?s mind boggling?Cant wait.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

Surely it’ll be a one hour special, and while the cast/set/crew are hanging around recording that, they’ll do some other crap for Dave to glue some clips onto, thereby giving Dave something new and special for very little extra effort*.

(*Andrew: add the word relatively)

Andrew
    Participant

I have all sorts of words for you, but ‘relatively’ ain’t one of them.

Phil
    Participant

:-O

> I have all sorts of words for you, but ?relatively? ain?t one of them.

Is it “love”???
    I bet it’s “love”.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Exciting stuff, I think. Obviously a special would be best, and a good one at that,
    but I’ve found all previous spin off stuff interesting from smeg up’s, documentarys, pbs adverts etc, to enjoy that if it’s the only new dwarf thing to make this point in history of the show.

Phil
    Participant

Access Hollywood is reporting that Mac McDonald has been slimming down to a svelte 250 lbs for a mystery role. COULD IT BE?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

COULD IT BE?

Another bit part in a sci-fi flick to which the scene will end on the cutting room floor?

pfm
    Participant

While Mac is always great in the series I don’t think having the crew around is a good idea. Maybe they could come up with a situation where Hollister is somehow left on his own with the Dwarfers.

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

I think Hollister is easily the best ‘secondary’ character from VIII and it would be great if Doug could work him in to the team. may be the crew could revolt against Hollister and the team could pick him up. with out the main crew, Hollister has to become part of the team and realizes (like he did in BiTR pt3) that the team are not bad and finds it easy not having 1,649 people under his command. it would be great to see Rimmer’s reaction to Hollister joining the team.

ChrisM
    Participant

I think I’d prefer to get back to the original guys alone again (including Kochanski.) I wouldn’t mind if other crew-members featured in a guest role though, after all those other crew-members are still out there somewhere.

It’d be great if we could find out what happened to the surviving members of the Cat race too. Perhaps on the way to earth… or maybe they actually arrived their before them in their search for Fuchal! Maybe there is another war going on between the clean fashionable cat race and a race of giant sentient scuzzy cockroaches (or humanoid rats?) who evolved after humanity had left…

Like, you’re back on Earth, but do you really want to be here? ;)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Film effect, no laugh track.

I’m serious.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Film effect on every second episode.

Phil
    Participant

Laugh track only when someone says “smeg!” or gets a boner.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

OOOH! A friday update on the official site!

And…….sod all again.

Phil
    Participant

Has anyone other than Robert actually “confirmed” that we’d be getting the news in September? If what GNP is waiting on is some kind of green-light, then we’re at the mercy of that, and we could end up getting the news much later.

skjdbkj

ChrisM
    Participant

OOOH! A friday update on the official site!

And??.sod all again.

Heh, yeah. We got news about Robert giving out news! Or not.

I’m still enjoying the wait though.

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

You know I find the last sentance very cryptic..

>The show is unlikely to feature any further Red Dwarf rumours, but you should watch closely, just to be sure.

what if we have the Dave idea wrong? what if BBC worldwide are making Red Dwarf for Five? the idea’s completely out of left field, but if Five were to announce that “you can see Robert again very soon on Five in Red Dwarf” then it would surely be in a continuity annoucement after the end of this series. I hope this theory is wrong, but it would mean any 1 hour special would be 45 minutes long, due to adverts and easy to sell to the US , as it would be their set running time and feature advert breaks.

Andrew
    Participant

> it would mean any 1 hour special would be 45 minutes long

I love the levels of self-knotting this requires! You don’t know if any of the runtimes ‘announced’ are accurate, but if one of them IS, you’re certain those times are ‘broadcast duration’ rather than ‘content runtime’. :-)

It genuinely is just better to wait and see…

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>what if we have the Dave idea wrong? what if BBC worldwide are making Red Dwarf for Five? the idea?s completely out of left field, but if Five were to announce that ?you can see Robert again very soon on Five in Red Dwarf? then it would surely be in a continuity annoucement after the end of this series. I hope this theory is wrong, but it would mean any 1 hour special would be 45 minutes long, due to adverts and easy to sell to the US , as it would be their set running time and feature advert breaks.

Or perhaps it’s just a tongue in cheek comment to make you watch Robert’s show?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

> It genuinely is just better to wait and see?

That’s exactly what I’m doing.

locusceruleus
    Participant

> It genuinely is just better to wait and see?

…or to know whats going on and laud it over people. :P

Oh, and hi everyone.

Nakrophile
    Participant

Surely if it’s Dave-produced then it will have the same time cuts for ads as five? Why was this such a big revelation? Eh, never mind for the time being.

pfm
    Participant

I’m thinking right now that the ‘big thing’ that wasn’t announced at the same time as the OS relaunch wasn’t announced then because GNP found out that the broadcast would have to be pushed back to ’09 and therefore not in the 20th anniversary year. That would make sense considering there was some buildup to the 20th anniversary and then, well, very little.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Or maybe for the same reason they’re not announcing it now?

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Or maybe for the same reason they’re not announcing it now?

ChrisM
    Participant

Or now?
    ;)

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Anyone else getting past caring?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Erm, no?

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Maybe I have a short attention span.

I remember once…Oooh, look! Wrestling!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I had a weird dream last night (wait, come back) that the special consisted of the old crew and a next generation crew. To help illustrate this fact to the audience, the old crew had long-sleeved shirts and the new crew had short-sleeved shirts.

You’ll be relieved to know that I don’t dream about Red Dwarf very often.

Paul Muller
    Participant

Last night I dreamt that I found a load of new episodes hidden away as easter eggs on the Series 2 DVD – they were crap though. I think one of them was called ‘Yo!’ – and consisted of a 10 minute montage of shit CGI shots of Red Dwarf and Lister and Cat arguing about who was more horny. Also, Craig Charles kept breaking character and talking over everyone’s lines.

I woke up feeling slightly irritated.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Wasn’t that one of the mobisodes?

Phil
    Participant

I thought it was the abandoned concept for Pete: Part III.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

> I don?t want to be negative as I?m really looking forward to seeing Red Dwarf in whatever form it takes. It just seems odd that nobody?s leaking yet.

Speak for yourself. I’m on my fortieth Tena Lady.

Hmm….I think you’ve got a point, though. The further along we get with no confirmation…no rumours…the more likely it seems that it’s going to be something very small scale. Clip show with short talking heads / in-character sketches.

If I’m wrong, I’ll eat my own head.

pfm
    Participant

> It?s supposed to be filming in October but nobody has heard anything about it except Robert Llewellyn who hadn?t even seen the script(s) when he last mentioned it.

He hadn’t seen the script because Doug hadn’t finished it. It’s worth noting that just because no-one else is shouting from the rooftops about the new Dwarf ‘thing’ doesn’t mean that loads of people don’t know about it. For a start, there’s no way the main cast haven’t known about it for months. They’ve probably been informed at every step, otherwise you could end up with the situation where one or more of them couldn’t do it due to other commitments.

I’m guessing a major reason for them shooting next month is the fact that Craig is off from Coronation Street (whether he was going to have this break anyway who knows, he may have asked for a longer holiday). It’s likely that the general line for months has been ‘don’t talk about it’ partly because they wouldn’t want everyone getting upset if it didn’t end up happening for whatever reason.

Then you’ve got to think about studio booking and production team hiring. Will Doug direct? Who will produce? Where the hell is it being shot? Are there any exterior locations to consider? These aren’t last minute decisions (well, you wouldn’t like to think they are)

pfm
    Participant

> It?s supposed to be filming in October but nobody has heard anything about it except Robert Llewellyn who hadn?t even seen the script(s) when he last mentioned it.

He hadn’t seen the script because Doug hadn’t finished it. It’s worth noting that just because no-one else is shouting from the rooftops about the new Dwarf ‘thing’ doesn’t mean that loads of people don’t know about it. For a start, there’s no way the main cast haven’t known about it for months. They’ve probably been informed at every step, otherwise you could end up with the situation where one or more of them couldn’t do it due to other commitments.

I’m guessing a major reason for them shooting next month is the fact that Craig is off from Coronation Street (whether he was going to have this break anyway who knows, he may have asked for a longer holiday). It’s likely that the general line for months has been ‘don’t talk about it’ partly because they wouldn’t want everyone getting upset if it didn’t end up happening for whatever reason.

Then you’ve got to think about studio booking and production team hiring. Will Doug direct? Who will produce? Where the hell is it being shot? Are there any exterior locations to consider? These aren’t last minute decisions (well, you wouldn’t like to think they are)

Phil
    Participant

The best news would be that we find out it’s been delayed until February, because that’d provide enough time for the project to actually be something big and exciting.

But yeah, as the shooting deadline nears and no announcement has been made, it’s hard to imagine it’ll be anything other than something small.

And if it is…oh well. We’ll cope. Let’s just hope it leads to something big next.

Viewing 100 posts - 101 through 200 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.