Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf X Quotes

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    MANI506
    Participant

So far in my day to day life I have used the following RDX quotes;

Bollocking Damn and Jumbo Buggers

Sometimes life is good!

This Place Is A Total Shithole!

Just wondered if anyone else has had any of these slip into everyday speech?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

“What a coincidence!” is the main one, which is more to do with how often it’s applicable rather than the quality of the line. However, nobody can mention a certain small yellow citrus fruit in our house any more, without being greeted by “we’re in search of lemons in general”.

Also: mooses, Swedish people, car crashes.

MANI506
    Participant

I work in a cash and carry which sells lemons by the bulk. Always tempted to ask ‘right, have you got any lemons?’ As I go by the huge display of lemons.

Potor
    Participant

I used “Sometimes you have to learn how to lose before you are rady to win” in a job interview. I did get the job, amazingly.

Karnie
    Participant

I’m just looking for an opportunity to call someone a mad Goth bastard….

Carlito
    Participant

Usually nowadays if RD quotes emerge from my lips it’s when I hold team/floor briefs in work. Recent offenders from RDX include me channelling my inner Lister-at-the-dentist’s (“I say coooome on, bring it on!”) and “slower than the speed of dark” has made an appearance too.

Speaking of Lister at the dentist from Fathers & Suns, I watched the rerun on Dave over the weekend. The chinese whispers subplot barely registers by now when I watch it, I do think it’s a very strong episode overall, but the Scooby Doo run that Lister does from the medibay is SO fucking shit, and jarring in tone, I cannot believe Doug okayed it.

Blisschick
    Participant

“Slower than the speed of dark” has been used a few times here.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I was nicely condescending to my brother when he died the other day. Does that count?

Carlito
    Participant

He was hologram. Hologram already dead. Hologram killing morally, ethically, fine.

anniescribe
    Participant

“Smeg, smeg, smeg, smeg …” – As always.

MANI506
    Participant

I like it when they say smeg at the start of Lemons.

Aside, I really do like it when they say smeg.

si
    Participant

I often refer to ex girlfriends as absolute slags.

Claire
    Participant

– We’re all really sorry, bud. Apart from me and him and him.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

I often say “hey cat” to cats.

takerdemon
    Participant

I’m often heard to remark “but you were an utter TWAT” since Trojan first aired.

I’ve also picked up the annoying line of “Hey go, pip and dandy”

anniescribe
    Participant

Anytime I have seafood in public, I always hum a chorus of “Little Fishie” over it first. Sometimes I add an optional chair dance.

Renegade Rob
    Participant

Now whenever my friends and I have to decide something and get into an argument, one of us will inevitably say “Okay, I’m pulling rank!”

Also, my roommate recently texted me, “Let me in! I lost my key!” which may be a Red Dwarf X reference, but sadly is probably just because he actually did forget his keys.

HelloMabel
    Participant

Watched the Oscars at my brother’s house yesterday evening. My sister-in-law gets up at 4 a.m. for work, so she retired early and keesed my brahther good night.

What? That doesn’t count?

Blisschick
    Participant

If we’re talking older quotes, my daughter and I often use “It’s a banana”, “You can’t have my shiny thing!”, “This is mine… and this is mine…”, “Mind that bus — what bus? SPLAT!”, the “Little Fishy” song, and “How am I looking today?” I guess the majority of these are Cat quotes because he’s her favorite character.

Bexley Heath
    Participant

Might it perhaps be time to resurrect this thread, which I stumbled across yesterday and it cheered me right up?

Really annoying things you do as a Red Dwarf fan

(I found this after I’d just stopped myself short of unthinkingly saying “Niet problemski” to a native-Russian-speaking work colleague…)

MANI506
    Participant

A very entertaining thread – the chicken reference list made me do a lol.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.