The special needs to take the place of XIII, as Back to Earth did for IX

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The special needs to take the place of XIII, as Back to Earth did for IX

This topic contains 27 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 2 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Veni

I can guarantee you when it comes time to put the whole of Red Dwarf on streaming services, they’re not going to count the special as separate but as Series XIII. Just as they do with Back to Earth as IX. So hopefully when it comes time to list which is which, the (possible) series after the special needs to be XIV.

bloodteller

pretty sure Richard Naylor already said on his Twitter that if they did another series after the special, it’d be called Series XIII. a one-off special isn’t a series anyway.

Dave

Hopefully they call the Special ‘series IX’ just to fuck with everyone.

quinn_drummer

Hopefully they call it Back to Earth, reshoot all of BTE frame for frame exactly the same and release it without any comment whatsoever just to fuck with everyone. Then call it series XIV on the DVD and have Lister say “There isn’t a series 13” on the DVD menu but then have Holly say “there is” and explain that it’s the AA advert.

Veni

Richard Naylor also said 3 of the cast would get new designs so we’ve already seen he is a liar.

Dave

Who’s to say we won’t see new designs over the course of the story?

Lily

It appears surprisingly difficult to actually watch BTE online.

UK versions of Netflix and Britbox both have series 1 to 8. UKTVplay have series 3 + 10 to 12.

Only Amazon video has the full range of series 1 to 12, including BTE as “Season 9” – none of which are actually included in prime video.

Do Americans have other options?

GlenTokyo

Nah. Back to Earth isn’t series IX and that’s 3 half hours, so at least it’s the same format for those who find typing BtE overwhelmingly difficult.

This new special is a feature length job, so its not even half a series, you’re nowhere close to it being series XIII.

bloodteller

Also the new special, even if it’s feature-length, is still only 1 episode long. You can’t really call anything with just one installment a series, because it literally isn’t a series.

“Hey, what’s your favorite movie series?”

“Planes, Trains and Automobiles.”

International Debris

Also the new special, even if it’s feature-length, is still only 1 episode long. You can’t really call anything with just one installment a series, because it literally isn’t a series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A_Touch_of_Frost_episodes#Series_12_(2005)

Veni

Read the OP again. I’m not saying Back to Earth is series IX or the special should be XIII but that they will be under streaming order. So when the special isn’t called XIII it will still be listed as 13. (Unless the special is considered part of a possible later-date XIII but that’s uncharted territory for Red Dwarf, and as such doubtful).

I get that you don’t care about that bt, but don’t misconstrue the idea.

GlenTokyo

What about The Simpsons movie? Canon, but they didn’t skip a series for it, doesn’t go 18, movie, 20; goes 18, movie, 19.

If it’s a completely different format I don’t see the issue.

Streaming services are more likely to title it ‘Red Dwarf: Whatever it’s called’, or ‘Red Dwarf The Movie’, or ‘Red Dwarf Special’ in my opinion.

Ridley

Easter Special 2020 in BritBox’s case.

Veni

You’re attributing a movie to a television special; I don’t know what I can do for you

Veni

Actually do you work for The Sun by any chance?

Did you write this article: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10159750/red-dwarf-the-movie/

Dave

You’re attributing a movie to a television special; I don’t know what I can do for you

Let’s all try and relax, and we can watch 24: Redemption while we calm down.

Veni

That Google search your ace in the hole, eh. Well Mr. Bond, I retort that nobody watches 24 willingly, thus such issues make themselves moot.

GlenTokyo

>You’re attributing a movie to a television special; I don’t know what I can do for you

I’m not, merely pointing out people who don’t really care (like streaming services) will, as you’ve proved with that Sun article.

International Debris

Specials frequently end up listed as part of the series either side of them, or as titles on their own. I doubt it’ll be listed as XIII unless the next full series is specifically called XIV.

Dave

That Google search your ace in the hole, eh

No, sadly no Google search necessary – for my sins I sat through all of 24 on its original broadcast. That year they were buggered by the writer’s strike if I remember rightly, and could only offer a one-off two-hour special.

Dave

I do love though how quickly people jump to the idea of a piece of information being Google searched, rather than just, you know, knowing things.

I didn’t have a smartphone until 2012 and I remember for the life of me not knowing Josie Lawrence’s name. It just went out of my head and if I wanted to remember, I’d have to be at home at the PC but I knew it was the lass from Whose Line. Anyway, nowadays I would not only know her name, date of birth, personal life and career highlights instantly but sadly, what her feet look like in a multitude of photos uploaded by weirdos with foot fetishes.

Google doesn’t put that kind of information in the top search results, I guess I must’ve accidentally typed in Wikifeet Josie Lawrence.

No, I’m not alright with that.

Yes, I can live with it.

Ben Saunders

Which male Red Dwarf cast member has the cutest feet?

si

Hopefully they call it Back to Earth, reshoot all of BTE frame for frame exactly the same and release it without any comment whatsoever just to fuck with everyone.

“Back to Back to Earth”.

International Debris

Back ‘2’ Earth

Nick R

2 Back 2 Earth

” Earthin’ “

Dave

Stellar Rescue is the true Series XIII.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.