Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Thoughts are with Ben….

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Kris Carter
    Participant

As I’m sure many of you know, Ben Paddon had planned a surprise visit to England from LA, to surprise his mum on her birthday. Sadly, it seems she passed away while he was traveling here. I know we’re a small, sporadic community at G&T, but I’m sure everyone here will join me in offering Ben our most heartfelt condolences… I can’t imagine how he must be feeling.

I know it might be a while before he reads this, but my heart goes out to Ben – I’m so sorry this has happened. No time is good, but this just seems… cruel. Get in touch if there’s anything I can do to help, my friend.

Kris

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

This is impossibly cruel. My thoughts are with you, Ben.

redhead85
    Participant

As I said to you on Twitter, Ben, I’m so very sorry. I know your mum loved you very much. You’re with your family now which is the most important thing.

si
    Participant

Absolutely. So, so sad. Thoughts with Ben and his family.

Paul Muller
    Participant

That’s awful, so sorry to hear that. Ben, if you’re reading, my condolences to you and your family.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

So sorry to hear, this Ben. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

This is terribly sad. Sincere condolences, Ben.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Thank you, all. This is a spectacularly weird, shitty time. I’m still in a state of disbelief. I’d been at my sister’s place less than half an hour when she got the call.

I’m probably going to be here a little longer than planned, probably through to the end of September.

Pecospete666
    Participant

“I am sorry for your loss, please let me know if you need help with anything:

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Thanks, Pete. I know one thing I won’t be asking for, though, is help with my punctuation.

I’m sorry for your loss, Ben. I hope you and your family are doing okay.

anniescribe
    Participant

I can help you with the punctuation. Let me know if there’s anything else.

pfm
    Participant

Only reading this now. I just wanted to say how sorry I am and wishing you and your family well, Ben.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’m back in the US now. Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words.

The funeral was really nice, all things considered. My sister said some wonderful things. I said some things I’m told were wonderful. We stood up as the curtains closed and the coffin was cremated, and then were mercifully allowed to sit down for the closing song – the full, nine-and-a-half minute version of “Bat Out Of Hell”. What a way to go.

I’m going to miss that daft old woman.

Karnie
    Participant

Hey Ben, Just read this now, so sorry to hear about your loss.

anniescribe
    Participant

My sympathies are with you.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

It got worse.

My dad died yesterday.

He lived here in Los Angeles. He’d remarried. It was very sudden. He fell asleep at his desk and slipped away.

I don’t even know how I feel anymore.

si
    Participant

So sorry Ben, this must be an absolutely awful time for you, I can’t imagine. Just know that we’re all here, thinking of you.

anniescribe
    Participant

I’m 2000 miles away but if you need any distance help I will do what I can.

Paul Muller
    Participant

That’s awful Ben, I’m so sorry.

fozzibear1
    Participant

my commiserations Ben.
    For what it is worth a certain amount of emotional numbness I pretty normal given the circumstances a bout of contextual depression, should it occur, is also a normal response indeed the numbness is an element of contextual depression

fozzibear1
    Participant

should be is normal not I normal, for some reason it would not let me edit my comment ven though I tried to less than 30 seconds after submitting it

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.