Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum USA fans Crap Treatmant

Viewing 13 posts - 101 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    HelloMabel
    Participant

“Irregular” is a good euphemism and I don’t think you’ll get flamed for that one here. The question is to what extent your best-case scenario will pan out. How many stations will pick it up? The stalwarts, San Jose and Seattle, probably will, eventually. My local station, like yours, has a block of the classic comedies, and we have another independent, non-PBS station that shows more recent stuff like New Tricks and MI-5. But where in the past, these two stations have responded to my e-mails with a pleasant “thank you” and “we will consider your program request along with the million others we receive,” I’ve heard nothing yet from either of them.

On the other hand, Annie and Blisschick are right that these stations are very slow on the uptake and it would be in character for them to decide to broadcast Series X long after it’s no longer a hot topic in England.

BTW, what is Downton Abbey’s unique selling point? Pardon my ignorance, but I thought it was the same as Upstairs Downstairs’s unique selling point.

basingstoker
    Participant

It’s a glorified soap opera that doesn’t have many of the same barriers as others. It’s something decadent that they can indulge in and have that image of days and societies past. It’s polished, too, with some often beautiful scenery. Same reason the Royal Wedding is blasted everywhere here and Matt Lauer loses his mind.

basingstoker
    Participant

Also, it’s something completely different from anything on TV over here right now.

Pecospete666
    Participant

My poll I did to see how many people were interested in RDX in the USA, 84 people out of 3000 looked at my post for the release date. So Doug was right in his post when he said prove there is an interested for the show. 84 is 2.4% So I do not expect to see it broadcast at all. Thanks to GNP for not taking it off Youtube I get to see it a few hours later.Will be buying 10 DVDs for late Xmas presents for the Cow Girls.

HelloMabel
    Participant

>So I do not expect to see it broadcast at all.

Don’t give up yet, trends emerge and change at the drop of a hat these days.

BTW, did your station pick up Back to Earth?

Blisschick
    Participant

Mine never did. :(

Pecospete666
    Participant

No! found out from Amazon

basingstoker
    Participant

They have also disappeared from Netflix. The entire I-BTE were on there, but leading into this new series they’ve disappeared. They’re still available on Netflix, with everything free to Prime users. No skin off my nose as I own all the DVDs, but still.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Worth noting that Netflix had the Remastered versions of I-III. No idea why the show vanished entirely, but I suspect (I hope!) it’ll be back in the new year.

Blisschick
    Participant

I’ve seen Netflix do that with a few other series and movies I’ve watched. I’m not sure if it has something to do with licensing or what. It is weird that they come and go like that.

HelloMabel
    Participant

Mine never broadcast BtE either, though they broadcast I – VIII. I found out about it on YouTube. *blush* I wonder which PBS stations did broadcast it? I thought that kind of data would be on TOS, but I didn’t find it there.

mick
    Participant

> Where’s Mick when you need him?

Usually in the fetal position weeping like a small girl.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

It’s worth pointing out that we do maintain a page on TOS listing the various places where you can get the show On Demand:

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/tv/index.cfm?category=ondemand

It’s as up-to-date as we can keep it, although obviously we’re often reliant on people informing us when things change. RD disappeared from USian Netflix earlier this year – still not entirely sure why, but it’s still on the UK one, and there are at least a few other US options at the moment…

Viewing 13 posts - 101 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.