When Did COMIC RELIEF Stop Being Funny??

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum When Did COMIC RELIEF Stop Being Funny??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  GlenTokyo 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

RamesesNiblickTheThird

Was it when big business took over and thus muted the more OTT elements of past events? Add in that many of today’s so called comedians are shit??!!

I think I only laughed at the Alan Partridge segment last night……

Stephen Abootman

Plenty of good comedians and comedy actors out there, they won’t be allowed anywhere near Comic Relief’s endless parade of light entertainment celebs making scripted jokes though.
    Partridge and an unexpected appearance from Paul Putner in a skit were the only highlights. Always seems like a massively missed opportunity considering the names it can attract to do something like a one off Taskmaster featuring people who’d never sign up for it normally.

si

I didn’t watch any of it.
    Time was when I used to watch the lot, buy all the noses and the shirts, buy the records (did they actually have a single this year?), get absolutely carried away with the whole thing.
    In more recent years, the appeal has worn a bit, the songs weren’t comedy songs but covers with amusing videos…
    But there’s usually *something* that sounds like it’s going to be at least vaguely amusing; interesting, at least. But this year – not a thing.

Don’t get me wrong – at the end of the day, it’s about raising money, and an evening’s entertainment is just a bonus. But there’s nothing to entertain me.

something like a one off Taskmaster featuring people who’d never sign up for it normally.

Now *that*, I’d watch.

GlenTokyo

Homogenised comedians/ comedy is your problem. Give me French and Saunders, Lenny Henry, Harry Enfield, an AbFab special, a bit of Fast Show maybe, Fry and Laurie, decent things on the BBC that were actually worth taking the piss out of.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.