Who would you have as the next guest star in Red Dwarf?

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Who would you have as the next guest star in Red Dwarf?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Darrell 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Jawscvmcdia

I would say Tim Rowett from Grand Illusions. How about you?

Dave

Hattie Hayridge.

Warbodog

“Have” in the Low Rimmer sense?

si

Olivia Colman.

International Debris

Honestly, someone I’ve never heard of. Red Dwarf was my introduction to Don Warrington and Jenny Agutter, so they were fine, but for all the joy of their performances, seeing Kevin Eldon and Johnny Vegas in Red Dwarf sort of brought me out of the reality of it a little.

Jawscvmcdia

I also think Michael Rosen would make a good star, alongside Wilford Brimley.

bloodteller

me

bloodteller

or dave benson phillips

quinn_drummer

> seeing Kevin Eldon and Johnny Vegas in Red Dwarf sort of brought me out of the reality of it a little.

Yeah I felt this. Would prefer guest stars to just be random people for the most part, or at least not so famous they could/do star in their own shows.

The show should be about the comedy, the characters and the story (not always necessarily in that order), having other famous people in every episode playing a character anyone else could have played is just … I dunno, wrong.

Pete Part Three

Bobby Moore, I don’t bloody know.

Dave

me

The London Jets Juniors!

The Service Droids!

My Mother!

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

Dave Benson Phillips.

Hamish

Patrick Stewart and his lawyer.

Katydid

I still think it’s a crime Hugh Laurie was never a guest villain on Red Dwarf.

thomasaevans

I’m backing Dave Benson Phillips here. I interviewed him a few months back – lovely guy and fucking hilarious.

Oh – and Angus Deayton.

Jimboid

Keith Chegw…

Oh.

bloodteller

i suggested it as a joke but actually Dave Benson Phillips would probably be quite good on red dwarf, wouldn’t he?

plus i think he hosts Dimension Jump sometimes so he’s already sort of connected with the show

GlenTokyo

I’d like someone known for being sort of a more serious actor, not someone that’s a household name or anything, but someone with a bit of gravitas. Denis Lill straight menace.

Maybe try and get a proper big name too.

I watched too much of a terrible film on Netflix last night that Duncan Jones directed, called Mute. Awful. But it had Paul Rudd in it. Seems like he’ll do most things. Ask him while he’s filming a Marvel film at Pinewood.

GlenTokyo

They could get Hattie in playing someone else if she actually feels like she’s aged out of the part. There was an episode of Enterprise where Brent Spiner played a character called Arik Soong who was a descendant of Noonian Soong who created Data, whether you think that was good or not I don’t know, but serves the point that she’s a perfectly capable actor and can do other roles. Also given she’s Holly they might finally do a female character that doesn’t die for no reason or get perved on for 28 minutes.

Ridley

She dies, from old age, a (Brent) spinster.

Darrell

Adrian Edmondson, who I mistakenly guessed was in XI/XII due to the Episode VIII/lots of SW guests in Dwarf audience axis.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.