Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Almost XIII news

Viewing 21 posts - 201 through 221 (of 221 total)
  • Author
    Ian Symes
    Keymaster

To be fair, the fact that new Red Dwarf is happening now doesn’t necessarily invalidate any statements made prior to now.

Dave
    Participant

I don’t know, I feel like it’s not too much of a stretch to say that the comments reported and discussed in this thread about more Red Dwarf being on the way are probably directly connected to the activity we’ve seen evidence of today.

bloodteller
    Participant

I feel like Dave is correct

PFML84
    Participant

Doug tweeted last night that it “was quiet. Too quiet. “

He then followed it up with “tomorrow will be noisier”

What is he hinting at…

Dave
    Participant

He’s taken up learning the drums.

If Rick Allen can play with one arm, then Doug can play with one leg.

Warbodog

Why aren’t these sick people using conventional drumsticks?

You’ve just reminded me of this wonderful Youtube video.

Dude does a drum cover of Enter Sandman using dildos

(deleted)

I misread “Dude” as “Doug” then and thought ‘well that wasn’t the announcement I was expecting’.

Warbodog

That’s set the bar of expectation for today’s announcement. Has to beat a Doug dildo solo.

Dave
    Participant

Doug dildo solo

So to speak.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

What’s funnier, Doug dildo solo or Rob dildo solo?

Dax101
    Participant

I prefered when Rob and Doug share the dildo.

Dave
    Participant

Doug had the sci-fi dildo, Rob had the funny dildo.

(deleted)

Rob’s dildo somehow always gets horribly mutilated halfway through.

Doug’s dildo is pretty good but needs someone else to give it a polish when he’s finished.

Stephen Abootman
    Participant

Not sure this is an update on anything (depends how much you want to read into it I guess) but fuck it. As a response on twitter to “Will there be any more Red Dwarf projects in the future?” Doug said “If I was a betting man I’d say: definitely, 100% yes and yes.” In reply to a follow up asking whether he just confirmed a new series he said, “No I just gave you my opinion if I was a betting man. It got the biggest numbers on UKTV in 7 years.”

Nick R
    Participant

Some quotes from Chris Barrie in the Radio Times, as promotion for The Promised Land’s home release:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-06-09/chris-barrie-red-dwarf-exit/

The article focuses on his limited participation in Red Dwarf VII (and they get the episode count wrong: “appeared in just a handful of Red Dwarf VII’s six episodes”). But at the end he does say something about doing more:

“I don’t really like to think about regrets,” he said. “I look back and think, ‘It was right at the time’. I’d just done a Brittas Empire series before it and kind of the last thing I wanted to do was go back in a television studio.”

He explained: “The Brittas Empire… any sitcom situation like that where you’re playing quite a reasonable sized part is always a fairly stressful sort of… it’s condensed, very hard work. I knew that Red Dwarf was always going to be pretty hard work [as well] and I just thought, ‘I can’t do this now’.”

Having taken a break, Barrie has remained on Red Dwarf as a regular ever since and says he’s now keen to keep Rimmer for as long as possible.

“There’s only Red Dwarf really that I want to do [now] so I’ll keep doing it for as long as I can!” he insisted.

Barrie also dropped hints as to Red Dwarf’s future, revealing that “there’s something” in the works following the ratings success of feature-length special The Promised Land.

There you have it: “’there’s something’ in the works”. Red Dwarf XIII confirmed.

Stephen Abootman
    Participant

I remember Richard Naylor saying in that twitter Q&A he did in April that he might know more soon so entirely possible conversations have taken place as to what could be next.

Also I’m sure that other thread posted about what Doug said on Twitter wasn’t showing up when I did so above, just in case it looks like I didn’t bother to check.

PFML84
    Participant

When I posted my thread about Doug’s tweet, it seems to be deleted, which I thought was a mod so I just left it, but it reappeared and with comments, so who knows what’s going on. Either way, these positive statements are encouraging.

Shoes Have Soles
    Participant

Something in the works could mean a few things like the documentaries that were supposed to be shown with TPL. Or more AA adverts.

Or remastered series IV to VIII.

Dave
    Participant

There you have it: “’there’s something’ in the works”. Red Dwarf XIII confirmed.

Red Dwarf: Outing XIV, surely.

Viewing 21 posts - 201 through 221 (of 221 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.