Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Only The Good Is Alright

Viewing 29 posts - 201 through 229 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    Dax101
    Participant

Oops that post above was for the The Silver Survey Results section.

My bad.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

>i always thought it was because if you wear white jeans and then you have your period the blood gets all over them and it’s a fucking mess to get it off because white clothes stain easier?

But Kryten specifically asks her, shouldn’t she be playing tennis in tight white jeans, which would be a counterproductive thing to do if you were just going to get blood all over them. Who knows. I’m glad I’m not the only one who hasn’t got a clue.

Maybe Kryters is really keen on cleaning peroid stains off of KK’s jeans. Uh.

flanl3
    Participant

I do think another ad would be the correct explanation.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Did none of you watch TV in the 90s?

Kryten has been led to believe that sanitary towel adverts are fact, so asks her why she isn’t doing the things they do in adverts, namely pour blue liquid on things and do various strenuous activities in light/ form fitting clothing.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Oh, right I get it now. It’s the whole “wear our pads and you can do anything you want without worrying about bleeding on everyone, including play tennis in tight white jeans.”

Mystery SOLVED.

Hamish
    Participant

> Yeah iconic sanitary towel adverts. The blue stuff has only just stopped being used, and it was a big deal when they switched to a red liquid because that’s the state of society.

Thing is, there is a reason why the change is important; I have a friend who honestly was shocked and confused when her first period was nothing like she had been led to believe by things like the adverts. Granted she came from a super religious and frankly abusive household, but hiding women from the truth of their bodies to appease squeamish men is something to be championed against.

Not that just having a red liquid is going to make all that much more sense of it, but still.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Yeah I’m saying it’s a good thing, should be as realistic and as informative as possible. The people complaining about it are cretins and have no place in modern society to be honest.

bloodteller
    Participant

where did Lister even get period adverts to show Kryten?

I was just happy when the adverts started using the word period. For a long time they never said what they were for, and I was confused as a child.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

They still use some blue liquid to advertise the absorbent qualities of nappies and it just looks really weird. Maybe it’s best not to use actual piss, though.

Rubber
    Participant

‘This is what our product looks like with runny shit all over it. TEMPTED?’

Ben Saunders
    Participant

I mean it does absorb a LOT of blue liquid.

bloodteller
    Participant

they ate a lot of blue stuff in early episodes of The Simpsons, i believe

bloodteller
    Participant

or maybe that was more of a purpley colour

Warbodog
    Participant

The Outdated Red Dwarf Reference List has your outdated pop culture references covered. Though not in this case, since it was last updated before series VIII 20 ‘KIN YEARS AGO.

http://www.red-rose.com/www.cobalt.demon.co.uk/alt.tv.red-dwarf/reflist-tv-255.html

Ben Saunders
    Participant

They drink blue stuff in Star Wars.

It’s fun being a young person watching Red Dwarf because you don’t know if the references are out of date 80s stuff or worldbuilding. Like Rastabilly Skank is worldbuilding, but I still don’t know if James Last is a real person or not

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Pretty sure Happy Heart is in a big advert at the moment, that’s a James Last song.

I’d say he’s quite famous. It’s shit your Nan likes. Though my Nan is in her 80’s, maybe you have a cool young Nan that didn’t get bombed by the Nazis.

I’m not grandmother age just so it’s clear. I’m in the autumn of my twenties.

bloodteller
    Participant

james last is real, yes

Plastic Percy
    Participant

So is Winnie the Pooh.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

There’s this new thing, right, called Google…

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Elvis Presley is real and was a popular rock and roll singer. #DwarfDidYouKnow

Moonlight
    Participant

Ziggy Briceman was actually the 15th President of the United States.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Google just taught me that Glenn Miller was rumoured to have been abducted by aliens when his plane went missing in the 40s. Another reference that just made me go “dude what” until now

Rubber
    Participant

Remember when we had to go to all the bother of resurrecting people as holograms rather than just setting fire to their corpses and then forgetting about them?

Moonlight
    Participant

Glenn Miller was rumoured to have been abducted by aliens when his plane went missing in the 40s

I invite you to try and find anything from the late ’40s onward that hasn’t been blamed on aliens.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Red Dwarf VIII being shit

Lily
    Participant

bloodteller
    Participant

>Red Dwarf VIII being shit

during the writing stage of VIII, doug naylor’s mind was being controlled by a friendly but ill-informed alien, who royally fucked up all of the scripts by making him add in dinosaurs and other bollocks that wasn’t really very good.that alien’s name? paul alexander.

flanl3
    Participant

If the “perfect shot” from the Frankenstein scene in The End had been accidentally released, Craig Charles’s testicle would be given its own banner on fansite Ganymede & Titan. #DwarfFacts

Viewing 29 posts - 201 through 229 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.