Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Idea for an episode.

Viewing 100 posts - 9,201 through 9,300 (of 12,289 total)
  • Author
    cwickham
    Participant

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE QUEEG TREE IRON

Queeg comes back, and gives the Dwarfers a device for pressing wooden trunks.

cwickham
    Participant

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE AINTREE PSIRENS

The Psirens come back, and attack Merseyside.

cwickham
    Participant

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE AINTREE LEGION

The Scaffold become a gestalt entity.

cwickham
    Participant

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE AINTREE DIMENSION

The Dwarfers escape to a parallel universe where they are all members of The Scaffold.

cwickham
    Participant

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE AINTREE LEMONS

The second coming of Jesus takes place in Merseyside.

cwickham
    Participant

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE A.I. ‘N’ PREE IRON

The Dwarfers forge solid metal together to create new computer databanks for two of the ship’s former computers.

cwickham
    Participant

THANKSKI VERSKI MUCHSKI, NEXTSKI

Rob Grant is grateful for the anuses of both himself and Doug Naylor, which he now seems to think are responsible for creating Ariana Grande.

cwickham
    Participant

BACK IN THE RED CONNECT 4

Doug Naylor spends hours playing Connect 4 to distract himself from the nightmare of producing Red Dwarf VIII.

Dave
    Participant

IN LESS TIME THAN IT TAKES A NORWEGIAN TO BUTTSKI BOOTS

Demons & Angels is rewritten for the 2022 Red Dwarf Remastered project.

Dave
    Participant

FUCK MY BUTTSKI WE’RE ON PAGE 93

Rob Grant welcomes more ideas for an episode, stage ideas for an episode, spinoff ideas for an episode, novel ideas for an episode, ideas for a movie, even a US version of ideas for an episode.

si
    Participant

THANKSKI VERSKI MUCHSKI FORSKI FEEDINGSKI WILLIAMSKI

Rob Grant receives a box of chocolates.

Dave
    Participant

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? ‘INTO THE GLOOP’ HIM

Paul Jackson urges Rob Grant to deliver his finished Holly Hop script to Ed Bye.

INTO THE GOOP

The nanobots shrink Red Dwarf down again and fly into Gwyneth Paltrow’s vagina.

Warbodog
    Participant

INTO THE GALLUP

Rimmer gets obsessed with video game sales charts from the early 1990s. Presumably Gallup has done other things.

Warbodog
    Participant

INTO THE GALOOMBA

The guys meet one of those things that aren’t technically goombas from Super Mario World, which leads to the series being boycotted by its Sonic-loyal audience.

Warbodog
    Participant

RANGE 15,000 ROB G. GLOOPS AND CLOSING

Rob Grant overconfidently tries to peddle a wad of signed scripts on eBay.

clem
    Participant

WE AIN’T EVEN PRETTY GLOOP

Deleted line from Rob Grant’s new Red Dwarf script. The Cat bemoans the unsightliness of the sticky grey matter the crew are turning into.

Dave
    Participant

GAZPACHO GLOOP

Rimmer makes an embarrassing faux pas when he complains that the grey gloop that he and the crew have turned into is the wrong temperature.

clem
    Participant

SON OF GLOOP

Rob Grant brings out a small book comprising more short Red Dwarf scripts he’s written. This turns out to be the extent of “RD flying out of our buttskis”.

Jenuall
    Participant

REVENGE OF THE MUTANT SPLAT GLOOP MONSTER

Tired of carting out a GELF every time they need a “non-alien” antagonists Rob Grant turns to the gloop to serve the same role in his new vision of the show

cwickham
    Participant

BANK BALANCE OF POWER

Lister and Rimmer compete on an episode of an overly complicated 21st century game show hosted by a rubbish celebrity chef.

Warbodog
    Participant

SMEGAGAGA

Red Dwarf crosses over with a zany 1994 Clarks trainers campaign that no one else remembers.

clem
    Participant

WE WANT RED DWARF FLYING OUT OF OUR BUTTERSKI

Rob Grant gets excited about a potential crossover with those old Lurpak adverts, where Douglas rides the ship out of a block of butter, playing the theme on his little trombone. And Penelope Keith tells him to smeg off.

Warbodog
    Participant

THE SMEGASAURUS COLLECTION

Remastered release of series VIII funded by Asda to promote their discontinued dinosaur-themed fizzy pop range. Includes minor dialogue edits replacing references to Coca-Cola with “Megasaurus Cola” and Lister’s “lemonade and a really large scotch” with “Asda Megasaurus Limeade, please. If it’s not Asda Megasaurus Limeade, it’s extinct.”

Dave
    Participant

SMEGA-CITY ONE

In yet another of Rob Grant’s buttski-oriented IP exploitation initiatives, GNP opens a new Red Dwarf theme park that is clearly just a lightly-redressed version of the Judge Dredd theme park that closed the previous year due to lack of interest.

JOZXYQSKI

In a sequel to Bodyswap, Cat tries to cheat at Scrabble by adding extra letters to his board to make it sound Bulgarian.

Warbodog
    Participant

JOZXY2K

When another millennium ticks over in deep space, the complex calculations involved in adjusting the date cause Holly to shut down while the boys are still in the dildonics machine.

Dave
    Participant

I SENT AWAY SOME SNAPS OF ME 18TH BIRTHDAY AND GOT SOMEONE’S BUTTSKIING HOLLY HOP BACK INSTEAD

Deleted scene from Timeslides in which Lister steps back in time to visit Rob Grant’s opening address to an online Red Dwarf fan convention in February 2021.

PLEASE RUSH ME A BUTTSKI POLISHING KIT

Rimmer sets up a Bulgarian mail order business sending out the 3rd of every 3 sheets of toilet paper.

Dave
    Participant

I HAVE GIVEN PLEASURE TO THE WORLD BECAUSE I HAVE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL BUTTSKI

Rob Grant checks the Idea For An Episode thread and is delighted to see so many people enjoying riffing on his bizarre bottom-related turn of phrase.

Jenuall
    Participant

BONEY BUTTSKIS OUR MOVE LETS

Rob, Paul and Ed have to get a shift on when they’re actually commissioned to produce all of that new RD content they were banging out about

Dave
    Participant

YOU BET YOUR BUTTSKI!

When Rob Grant’s guilt chip is removed, he starts smoking and experiments with a new catchphrase.

THEY DON’T LIKE IT WHEN YOU’RE BUTTSKIED

Rob Grant get very drunk and Paul tries to tell him it isn’t ok to drive.

Dave
    Participant

AND ON A REALLY SPECIAL OCCASION WHEN YOU WANT TO BE REALLY MEGA-POLITE TO HIM KRYTEN, WE’RE TALKING MEGA-POLITE, IN THOSE EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU CAN CALL HIM “BUTTINSKI”

Ed Bye tells Rob Grant that the title card for his latest episode won’t fit on the screen.

cwickham
    Participant

BUTTINSKI THE VAMPIRE SLAYER

New title for the version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer made in a parallel universe where Joss Whedon cast himself to play the title role.

Jenuall
    Participant

BUTTSKI SUNDAY

Lister demonstrates that an expert command of the French lavatory squat golf swing isn’t his only sporting skill as the crew take part in a special edition of soapsud slalom

Dave
    Participant

WE WANT RED DWARF FLYING OUT OF, ER, BRONSKI BEAT

In meetings with HBO over the US remake of Red Dwarf, Rob is put on the spot when he is asked who he would like to record the theme tune for the new version. He panics and picks the first name that comes to mind, having been listening to a certain 1980s synth-pop trio in the car earlier that day.

Warbodog
    Participant

BEAVIS AND BUTTSKI

Unexpected reworking of the quarantine commentary format. Rob Grant is joined by a crude cartoon character contributing semi-unintelligible observations on Red Dwarf IV.

Dave
    Participant

IKSTTUB

What Cat’s poo goes into on Backwards Earth.

Warbodog
    Participant

YOUR CORRUPTED FILES ARE WHAT MAKE UwU

Following a power surge, Kryten gets obsessed with kawaii.

YOUR CORRUPTED FILED ARE WHAT MIKE PEW PEW

When Kryten starts making toy space laser gun sounds, Lister finds the root cause of the problem.

Russ L
    Participant

WE WANT READ DWARF FLYING OUT OF OUR MUTTSKI

In an Adamsian twist, some sort of accident of scale across alternate realities leads to Red Dwarf being swallowed by the Dog from “Parallel Universe”. Our plucky heroes escape.

Russ L
    Participant

BUTTSKI

The Dwarfers encounter yet another planet that is shaped by Rimmer’s brain, but this time he can’t stop thinking about his own arse. Lister uses the opportunity to try to teach Kryten the rudiments of downhill slalom.

Russ L
    Participant

I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH WAR, BOYS

Alternative title for Meltdown that will appear on the 4K boxset.

I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH WARHAMMER, BOYS

Alternative title for Meltdown that will appear on the 40k boxset.

Warbodog
    Participant

WE WANT RED DWARF COMING OUT OF KOCHANSKI

Rob and Paul sign up to DeviantArt.

Dave
    Participant

WE WANT RED DWARF COMING OUT

Rob Grant decides that in his next Red Dwarf novel he will reveal that all the characters are gay.

Dave
    Participant

WE WANT RED DWARF COMING, OUT

Rob Grant rips all the pages with sex scenes out of his copy of Last Human.

Dave
    Participant

WE WANT RED DWARF COMBING

Rob Grant signs off on Red Dwarf merchandise that includes a Dave Lister Male Grooming Setâ„¢.

Dave
    Participant

WE WANT RED DWARF.COM

GNP faces an embarrassing fight for the Red Dwarf website after accidentally letting the domain name rights lapse and getting targeted by cybersquatters.

cwickham
    Participant

WE WANT I’M COMING OUT

Rob Grant expresses a desire to own a particular Diana Ross song.

Jenuall
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO SEASONS OF W.O.O.C

Rob Grant earns the commission for two seasons of new Red Dwarf under the restriction that it must be With Out Original Cast

Warbodog
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO SEASONS OF W.O.O.F

Rimmer forces his shipmates to endure the latter years of a 1990s children’s weredog drama where the cast isn’t even the same any more.

Dave
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO MINUTES OF WHOO

Red Dwarf studio audiences are given explicit written instructions on exactly how to react every time Norman Lovett’s Holly is reintroduced to the show.

Jenuall
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO EPISODES OF WOOF!

After an incident involving <the matter paddle/teleporter/time drive> (delete as appropriate) the crew unexpectedly end up in the company of none other than Captain Flashheart

Warbodog
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO HOURS OF W.W.W

Rimmer punishes his shipmates by reading out a list of website addresses circa 1992 with period-accurate painstaking unfamiliarity.

cwickham
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO HOURS OF WWE

Rimmer makes the other Dwarfers wrestle to the death for televised entertainment.

cwickham
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO HOURS OF WWF

Lister makes everyone donate to the World Wide Fund for Nature.

cwickham
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO HOURS OF WWII

Rimmer forces everyone to take part in his World War II re-enactment society.

cwickham
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO HOURS OF WTF

Rimmer forces everyone to read the “Idea for an episode” thread.

THAT WARRANTS TWO HOURS OF WWJD

Rimmer forces everyone to attend the Sunday church service.

Dave
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO HOURS OF P.O.O.

TV channel Dave reveals the running order for Red Dwarf Night 2021, with a four-episode marathon voted for by fans that comprises Krytie TV, Pete Part One, Pete Part Two and Timewave.

cwickham
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO HOURS OF DNA

Dave accidentally runs the same episode three times in a row.

Jenuall
    Participant

FOR GOD’S SAKE, GIVE ME AN EPIC PLURAL!

Lister’s tenure as host of Countdown gets off to a bad start when he begins berating contestants

Dave
    Participant

FOR GOD’S SAKE, GIVE ME AN EPICURE’S DELIGHT!

Lister elaborately asks Cat to pass the salt.

Jenuall
    Participant

FOR GOD’S SAKE, GIVE ME AN EPIPEN!

In a return to the more “dramatic” style of story from series VII Doug writes an episode where the Cat nearly dies from anaphylactic shock. The mood is lightened by some fart gags at the end.

Dave
    Participant

FOR DOG’S SAKE, GIVE ME AN EPILOGUE!

Red Dwarf fans are bewildered by the way that Cat’s counterpart in Parallel Universe just seems to disappear from the story altogether at some point and isn’t given any kind of payoff or final scene.

cwickham
    Participant

FOR GOD’S SAKE, GIVE ME AN EPIDEME!

Dave plan to repeat all of Series VII, but discover their copy of one episode is missing at the last minute.

Warbodog
    Participant

FOR DOUG’S SAKE, GIVE ME AN APPLE JAWBREAKER

A runner on the Red Dwarf set is sent to scour sweet shops so that Mr Naylor’s Japanese rice wine can be prepared to his eccentric taste.

Dave
    Participant

FOR “YES, GOD?”‘S SAKE, GIVE ME AN EDIT

Viewers of The End Remastered object to Holly’s superfluous added line towards the end.

cwickham
    Participant

THAT WARRANTS TWO HOURS WITHOUT GMB

The Dwarfers travel back in time to have Piers Morgan fired, only to find he has finally done something so repulsive ITV have done the job for them.

Dave
    Participant

MY GOD, ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE A FLYING LEAP?

Rimmer wonders how Lister will get out of the hole he falls down at the end of Justice.

Dave
    Participant

MY GOD, ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE A FLYING SHEEP?

Rimmer wonders what animals Lister will have on his farm on Fiji.

Dave
    Participant

MY GOD, ARE YOU GOING TO TASTE A FRYING LEEK?

Rimmer expresses surprise when Lister shows interest in eating a vegetable.

Dave
    Participant

MY GOD, ARE YOU WATCHING GIVE & TAKE FIVE TIMES A WEEK?

Chris Barrie suggests that fans of the Dave era’s best episode may have gone a little too far.

cwickham
    Participant

CALVIN AND HOBBESHIP

The Dwarfers come across a ship captained by Spaceman Spiff, who turns out to be a five-year-old boy with a really, *really* overactive imagination.

HOBNOBSHIP

The crew encounter a ship composed of and controlled entirely by Hob Nobs.

Is this product placement gone too far?

Dave
    Participant

ROLLOSHIP

Animated crossover with King Rollo.

Dave
    Participant

MY GOD, ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE A DYING WEEP?

Chris Barrie makes snide comments about Mark Dexter’s acting while filming Howard’s final scene in Trojan.

Dave
    Participant

MY GOD, ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE A CRYING SLEEP?

Rimmer gets worried about Lister’s increasingly disturbing nightmares in Confidence & Paranoia.

Dave
    Participant

MY GOD, ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE A LYING CREEP?

Lister boots up Yvonne McGruder’s hologram to ask why she slept with Rimmer.

THNKS FR TH MEMRS

Fallout Boy are tasked with producing the copy for the 8k UHD laser disc boxset

Warbodog
    Participant

YOYOSHIT

Cat foolishly visits the bushes on Backwards-Forwards-Backwards-Forwards Earth.

Dave
    Participant

IT’S TUESDAY NIGHT, IT’S AMATEUR HAM-HEAD MORGAN REMOVAL NIGHT

Rimmer travels back to March 2021 and reacts to the news about one of Good Morning Britain’s hosts being asked to leave the show.

si
    Participant

ROLOSHIP

Nirvanah Crane gives up her hologramatic life so that Rimmer can achieve his dream of becoming an officer. Rimmer asks to be sent back to Red Dwarf, and for her to be reinstated.
    He leaves his last chocolate for her.

Russ L
    Participant

YOLOSHIP

Rimmer attempts to justify erratic behaviour by pointing out that “you only live once”. Kryten points out the flaw in this reasoning.

clem
    Participant

HOLLERSHIP

Half an hour of everyone just shouting.

clem
    Participant

DOLOCHIMP

Those Gelfs in Last Human turn up in an episode.

YOLOCHIMP

A chimp high on life boards Red Dwarf and insists on doing lots of really unsafe things in the name of the selfie.

Ridley
    Participant

STOP THE IDEA FOR AN EPISODE I WANT TO GET OFF

#Ooh! Help me, Dr Asclepius!
    #…from Irene E through Chimpanski
    #…oh my cloche, I was wrong, it was maaah all along…

Jenuall
    Participant

FOMOSHIP

Despite being alone in deep space Lister still finds himself getting anxious that he’s somehow missing out on stuff

Dave
    Participant

FIMOSHIP

Lister builds himself a miniature Red Dwarf out of modelling clay and then cooks it in the oven for 20 minutes so it goes hard.

FIND MY SHIP

After Lister loses Red Dwarf by forgetting where he parked it, he partners with Apple to develop an app that will always tell him where his space vehicles are.

FOLLOW THE RIMMER SHAPED BURR

Bill Burr inexplicably body swaps with Rimmer and then runs off with his new holographic body. Rimmer, realising he actually quite likes his body, calls for everyone to chase him down

FOLLOW THE RIMMER SHAPED DERN

Sequel to ‘Follow the Rimmer Shaped Burr’, but guest staring Laura Dern.

FOLLOW THE RIMMER SHAPED BAIRN

Part three in an extensive series of Rimmer having his body stolen, this time be a small Scottish child.

cwickham
    Participant

FEE-FI-FO-FUMSHIP

Lister buys some magic beans, which Rimmer throws away, only for them to grow into a beanstalk which Lister climbs to find a spaceship with a faster-than-light drive. Episode abandoned after it is pointed out that the beans have nothing to grow in, and the beanstalk would cause a critical hull breach that would kill everyone on board Red Dwarf.

FOLLOW THE RIMMER SHAPED CERN

Has science gone too far? Part four sees the crew stumble across the last remnants of humanity. The scientists of CERN who had been locked up in the depths of the planet when it farted it way off into outer space. They continued their work and discovered, much to their amusement, that by designing the Hadron Collider in the shape of the second lowest ranking member of the Space Corp they could produce the God Particle.

Once activated, they become quantum entangled with Arnold Rimmer, get pulled forward 3 million years into the future and start to praise Arnie as a God.

When things inevitably start to go wrong and the universe starts to collapse in on itself, the brave CERN scientists decide to sacrifice themselves by forcing their Rimmer shaped LHC to break it’s quantum lock and return them to their own time where they can destroy the machine and save the universe.

Rimmer, obviously upset at their departure shows “Follow the Rimmer shaped CERN” in order to fulfil the episode title pun requirements of this post.

THIS LITTLE PIGGY WENT TO MAAAAARRRRGGGGGGKET

Butler babysits for some GELFs and tells them a little story about pigs going to maaaaaaarrrrrgggggkets.

Dave
    Participant

ARNOLD RIMMER, HIS LOCKER, THIS MORNING

Rob and Doug invent a new Red Dwarf-based version of Cluedo.

RED DWARF: WIMBLEDON

GNP come under fire for release a tie in game where the sole objective is to seduce a 17 year old ball girl.

Viewing 100 posts - 9,201 through 9,300 (of 12,289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.