Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Idea for an episode.

Viewing 100 posts - 9,001 through 9,100 (of 12,282 total)
  • Author
    cwickham
    Participant

THE G&T CUBE OF THE YEAR 2020

G&T staffers list all their favourite square shapes.

cwickham
    Participant

THE G&T TUBE OF THE YEAR 2020

G&T staffers list all their favourite underground railway stations.

cwickham
    Participant

THE G&T FRUBE OF THE YEAR 2020

G&T staffers list all their favourite strawberry yoghurts sold in plastic tubes.

THE G&T TREE VIEW OF THE YEAR

G&T staffers list all their favourite views from the high branches of large trees.

Ridley
    Participant

THE G&T REVIEW OF THE YEAR OF THE RAT 2020

Lunisolar web surfin’.

cwickham
    Participant

THE G&T YEWTREE VIEW OF THE YEAR

G&T staffers give their opinions on Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall.

cwickham
    Participant

THE G&T RAILVIEW OF THE YEAR

G&T staffers all become trainspotters.

cwickham
    Participant

THE G&T HAIL VIEW OF THE YEAR

G&T staffers sit by their windows, waiting for it to hail so they can give their views on it.

Dave
    Participant

HOL 9000

Holly styles himself after his favourite fictional computer in honour of this milestone post in the Idea For An Episode thread.

Dave
    Participant

FUCK MY ARSE WE’RE NOT ON THE 19TH PAGE

Etc.

cwickham
    Participant

THE BEGININEING

The second lot of 9,000 posts in the “Idea for an episode” thread begins.

ITS GOT A NINE IN IT, BUT IT’S NOT NINETEEN

Queeg drops by to explain the pages numbering system again

cwickham
    Participant

NINETEEN EIGHTY FOUR

Queeg erases his explanation of the pages numbering system in an Orwellian fashion.

Dave
    Participant

EGAP 91

G&T posters believe they have found themselves on a version of earth where time runs backwards when they see that what should be page 19 is actually page 91.

cwickham
    Participant

EGAD, 91?

G&T Admin’s reaction to seeing how many pages there are in this thread now.

clem
    Participant

EGOT 91

Some of the ideas on this page are adapted into various media and win all four major American entertainment awards.

clem
    Participant

EGON 91

The bespectacled Ghostbuster reads this page.

clem
    Participant

EGAN 91

A member of Westlife reads this page.

clem
    Participant

EGG ON 91

A polymorph lays an egg on this page. (Still only the second worst polymorph episode.)

cwickham
    Participant

MATHS IN THE RED PART THIRTY-SEVEN

Lister accidentally brings a fifth Polymorph on board, and the Dwarfers end up hiding from it in the science room and sealing all the doors. Kryten knows there is a sequence he can enter into the computer to simultaneously open all the airlocks and flush the Polymorph out into space, which consists of five six-digit codes.

Due to the severity of this protocol, the codes are not written down, but Kryten knows they all have six different digits, they all begin with an even digit then have alternating even and odd digits, no two digits in any of the codes are consecutive numbers (so you couldn’t have a 2 and a 3 next to each other), and if you break any of the codes into three sets of two digits each, the first two sets will both be multiples of the last.

What are the five codes?

cwickham
    Participant

STEGG

Queeg returns, but in the form of a dinosaur.

LEGG UPS

The actor that played Dr Legg in Eastenders presents a hilarious compilation of his failed attempts to give people a leg up.

LEGG OUTS

The actor that played Dr Legg on Eastenders presents a hilarious compilation of the times he has shown a little more leg than normal.

cwickham
    Participant

STEED

Queeg returns, but in the form of one of the Avengers.

Dave
    Participant

JUST THE LEGGS

Compilation thread of posts from the Idea For An Episode thread that feature the actor that played Dr Legg in Eastenders.

Dave
    Participant

THE FIRST THREE MILLION IDEAS

Audiobook in which Chris Barrie reads out in full pages 1 to 30,000 of the Idea For An Episode thread.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

THE FIRST THREE WILLY SMEARS

Lister, Cat and Rimmer partake in a game of Soggy Biscuit.

cwickham
    Participant

JUST THE GREGGS

Compilation of all the moments from MasterChef that only feature Gregg Wallace.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I literally have a file on my computer called JustTheGreggs.mp4, which is a compilation I made of all the reaction shots of him listening to contestants talking about their recipes. One of my favourite procrastination cuts I did whilst working on the show, along with the time Phil Daniels was on the Celeb version and I re-edited Park Life to feature him talking about lasagne.

cwickham
    Participant

INSIGHT IN THE THREAD

Something interesting unexpectedly appears in this thread a mere 9,020 posts in.

SYMESIE TV

A G&T staffer creates a Youtube channel dedicated to all his old silly video edits that need sharing with the world.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Maybe when I’ve left my current job. In the meantime, sod it, here’s one of them.

cwickham
    Participant

JUST THE BEGGS

Totally inexplicable recut of Entangled that only features the scenes with the BEGGs.

evilmorwen
    Participant

JUST THE EGGS

Blu-Ray featuring only the easter eggs from the DVDs. There is a rumour that the entire 8 BBC series are on it as an easter egg, but you can never work out how to get them.

JUST THE HEADS

The rushes of all of Norman and Hattie’s filmed footage is released a special bonus collectors set, but it’s all in the wrong aspect ratio, making them both look like Cone Head Holly and Cone Head Holly looking like I don’t know what.

cwickham
    Participant

JUST THE PEGS

Release of all the clothes pegs personally used by Doug Naylor when hanging his washing up.

Dave
    Participant

GNINRUB S’NODNOL

London’s Burning crossover episode set on Backwards Earth in which George McIntyre reappears, un-dies, and puts out a dangerous fire by getting out a lighter and sucking the flames back into it.

evilmorwen
    Participant

NODNOL FO SEVLOWEREW

Sequel to Werewolves of London set after the big crunch.

INFINITY WELCOMES CAREFUL DIVERS

I sign close to an infinity pool on the ships recreation deck asks would be divers to be cautious, as the risk of jumping off the ship and into the blackness of space are quite high.

cwickham
    Participant

THAT 3,002,070s SHOW

Attempted retitling of Red Dwarf circa 1998 to try and appeal to the American market.

RED DWARF FILES

In an attempt to capitalise on the then new spooky alien investigation show, American broadcasters re-title Red Dwarf in the early 90s, but to no avail.

THE RED DWARF THEORY

In an attempt to appeal to a broader American market, GNP re-launch Red Dwarf with a cast of quirky male adults and sexy Hollywood actresses and pack it full of faux nerdy sci-fi jokes that no-one laughs at.

HOW I MET MY GIRLFRIEND/MOTHER

Red Dwarf series 1-7 remastered with added scenes of Lister narrating to himself how he came to meet Kochanski and become his own father.

EVERYBODY LOVES RIMMER

Rimmer is spun off into a traditional family sitcom when he finally meets a woman willing to marry him.

IT’S ALWAYS FUN FUN FUN IN THE SUN SUN SUN IN PHILADELPHIA

Lister and the crew get into mischief when Lister opens a hot dog and doughnut diner in Philadelphia.

PARANOIA AND RECREATION

Lee Cornes’ reprises his character in a spin off show that sees him working as a civil servant in a small American town.

THE FRESH PRINCE AMONG MEN OF BEL AIR

Chris Barrie reprises his role of Gary Prince in a show that sees him move in with his even more affluent family members.

clem
    Participant

GELF

The Dwarfers’ lives are turned upside-down when they take in a wisecracking puppet who wants to eat the Cat.

By Jove its holmes
    Participant

FULL HOUSE
    The RD crew meet someone even more obnoxious than Rimmer: Michelle Tanner!

cwickham
    Participant

JUST THE LEGS

Release of all of Doug Naylor’s prosthetic legs which was cancelled when he pointed out he still needed them for walking.

evilmorwen
    Participant

THE CAPTAIN’S OFFICE

Mockumentary sitcom based on the JMC mining ship Red Dwarf, featuring Captain Hollister, whose alternately tries to chum up to his staff and harshly lead them.

STEPTOE AND SONS

Kryten and Rimmer boot up a new computer AI of Albert Steptoe. Once he realises what a heap o junk Red Dwarf is he tries to take it in for scrap, leaving the crew desperately trying to wrangle control away from him.

NEW GELF

Red Dwarf is revitalised when a new character joins the crew, played by Zooey Deschanel. But all is not as it seems and the crew could be in danger when it turns out their new crew mate is actually a GELF in human form.

evilmorwen
    Participant

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

just a show about Lister

cwickham
    Participant

MASTERCHEFOCRACY

Gregg Wallace is elected Machine President due to his extensive experience of seeing the machinery that makes potato waffles in action.

evilmorwen
    Participant

SILICON HEAVEN

A new series 4000 mechanoid wakes up in Silicon Heaven, and is introduced to the neighbourhood. Little does the architect know that the mechanoid is actually Able and not Kryten as he believes. Episode one of a planned six seasons of 26 episodes each.

Dave
    Participant

FRAISE-IER

French loose remake of Demons And Angels starring Kelsey Grammer as Lister and David Hyde Pierce as Rimmer. The story doesn’t really get going as the entire 30 minutes is taken up by a philosophical debate over which of the three strawberries on the triplicator is the most apt representation of the abstract idea of a strawberry. Jane Leeves returns as Holly.

cwickham
    Participant

KAISER

Ill-advised title for the German remake of Frasier.

evilmorwen
    Participant

BOJACK COWSHEEP

Lister settles on Fiji and starts breeding sheep and cows together to make horses.

Flap Jack
    Participant

MATHS IN THE RED PART THIRTY-EIGHT

Dave Lister was born with 1 appendix. He gets 1 removed at an indeterminate point before he joined Red Dwarf, and he gets 1 removed roughly 3 million years later by the entity known as Legion. How many appendices does he have left?

Dave
    Participant

APP & ECTOMY

Time-travel adventure set shortly before Legion in which Lister downloads an app on his phone that lets him step back into his own timestream as anyone from his own personal history. He elects to become the surgeon who removed his appendix, quickly reinserting past-Lister’s appendix in his own body for no reason other than to correct a continuity error that his future self had warned him about.

cwickham
    Participant

PFIZER

Remake of Frasier where the lead character works in vaccine development.

IMPEACHITOR

A rouge droid travels back and forward through time looking for leaders of nations to impeach, and is surprised to find the same candidate twice.

Ridley
    Participant

ONE JUICY GIANT IMPEACH

“Last time we met I was wearing a cute little red, white and blue number with impeach trim and star spangles, and although it looks like I’m wearing the same outfit today, it is in fact an entirely different cute little red, white and blue number with completely different star spangles.”

The discourse is then conducted by those with brains larger than a grape.

By Jove its holmes
    Participant

VERY IMPRESSIVE, LISTER. TOO BAD THIS ISN’T THE WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS

The tennis ball-girl has a reaction to Lister.

cwickham
    Participant

GORDEOUS

Gordon Kennedy releases an ill-advised cover of the Taylor Swift song “Gorgeous”.

Dave
    Participant

DENYING TIME!

Gordon Kennedy insists he has been wrongly arrested.

cwickham
    Participant

FLYING TIME!

Gordon Kennedy develops the power of flight.

By Jove its holmes
    Participant

Sorry for earlier. It was a joke playing on the fact that Lister is said to be using the Wimbledon AR sports simulation game as a way to have sex with the tennis girls. Although to be frank, Lister being in his twenties while the ball girl is seventeen is as icky as Paul McCartney and I Saw Her Standing There.

cwickham
    Participant

I, MARIA FOR AN EPISODE

The Dwarfers decide to stage an amateur production of The Sound of Music.

cwickham
    Participant

I, MAFIYA FOR AN EPISODE

The Dwarfers decide to form a crime syndicate.

cwickham
    Participant

I, PIZZERIA FOR AN EPISODE

Kryten has a wood oven installed in his chest.

cwickham
    Participant

I, BARISTA FOR AN EPISODE

Kryten serves everyone coffee.

cwickham
    Participant

I, SACAGAWEA FOR AN EPISODE

Rimmer does a deeply racist and misogynistic impression.

cwickham
    Participant

I, MACARENA FOR AN EPISODE

The Dwarfers attempt to master a dance craze of the 1990s.

I, SWARFEGA FOR AN EPISODE.

The Dwarfers travel back to the 20th century to buy large quantities of heavy duty hand cleaner, with terrible consequences.

cwickham
    Participant

MATHS IN THE RED PART THIRTY-NINE

The Dwarfers discover a former museum planet that is now uninhabited save for a gift shop droid which has gone completely insane and will not let them leave until they have spent exactly 10 dollarpounds in the shop, buying no more than one of anything.

The gift shop sells pens for $£2.20, soap for $£2.80, tea towels for $£1.70, T-shirts for $£6.40, sweets for $£1.60, model bazookoids for $£4.50, and souvenir guides for $£3.70. What should the Dwarfers buy?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I SWEAR FOR AN EPISODE

Guest-starring me, saying ‘fuck’.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I STEER FOR AN EPISODE

I win a competition and get to pilot Starbug. Danny John-Jules gets upset.

Dave
    Participant

STEERS AND QUEERS FOR AN EPISODE

St Francis of Assisi appears on Red Dwarf and is subjected to homophobic abuse by Rimmer for 28 minutes.

cwickham
    Participant

ALL CLEAR FOR AN EPISODE

Everyone spends the entire episode hiding, waiting for a signal to be given that means it is safe to come out.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

OLD DEAR FOR AN EPISODE

AKA the one where everyone’s an elderly lady called Doris.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

DEAD DEER FOR AN EPISODE

AKA the one where everyone’s Bambi’s mum.

Dave
    Participant

OH DEAR OH DEAR FOR AN EPISODE

The Chuckle Brothers materialise on board Red Dwarf again. Sequel to ²ME.

cwickham
    Participant

MATHS IN THE RED PART FORTY

Holly discovers all the ship’s internal clocks are wrong, except for one. The one in the sleeping quarters has the little hand on the 7 and the big hand on the 6, the one in the teaching room has the little hand on the 10 and the big hand on the 9, the one in the drive room has the little hand on the 1 and the big hand on the 4, the one in the science room has the little hand on the 3 and the big hand on the 2, and the one on board Starbug has the little hand on the 9 and the big hand on the 1.

Holly is not sure what time it is now, but he does know that one of the clocks is five hours and fifty-five minutes slow, one is four hours and fifteen minutes fast, one is one hour and thirty-five minutes slow, and one is one hour and forty minutes fast. Which clock is correct?

Dave
    Participant

HOLLY WOOD

The crew encounter an alternate reality in which Holly is played by Victoria Wood.

Dave
    Participant

HOLLY DAY

The crew encounter an alternate reality in which Holly is played by Darren Day.

Dave
    Participant

HOLLY SHIT

The crew encounter an alternate reality in which Holly is played by Jim Davidson.

evilmorwen
    Participant

HOLLY INFLATABLE SHARK BATMAN

The crew encounter an alternative reality in which Holly is played by Burt Ward.

evilmorwen
    Participant

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLY WOOD

The crew go back in time and accidentally save Sharon Tate from the Manson family murders, creating a dystopian future.

cwickham
    Participant

MATHS IN THE RED PART FORTY-ONE

One of Kryten’s spare heads has contracted a computer virus, the Y2000K bug, as a result of turning 173 years old without being updated.

In three years’ time, Spare Head 1 will be as old as Spare Head 2 was two years ago.

If you add Spare Head 2’s age to that of the youngest spare head, you get 315.

Spare Head 3 is 41 years younger than Spare Head 2.

In seven years’ time, Spare Head 3 will be the same age as Spare Head 4 was six years ago.

Which head has the virus?

Dave
    Participant

R3DDW4RF@BBC

Embarrassing reboot of Red Dwarf designed by Doug to appeal to the youth market, but which deploys a load of outdated internet slang and leetspeak in a tragically misguided attempt to stay relevant. Episode 1 sees Lister constantly attempting to “rickroll” Rimmer, while Holly inadvertently “goes viral” and Kryten discovers “memes”.

cwickham
    Participant

MATHS IN THE RED PART FORTY-TWO

The Dwarfers discover a restaurant staffed by droids on a small meteor, and order a meal which comes to 210 dollarpounds. They then argue about how much each should pay.

Rimmer argues with Lister because his crunchy king prawn cost twice as much as Rimmer’s Mamosian telekinetic wine. Lister then tells Cat that his sandwich cost the same as the king prawn and the wine put together. Cat defends himself by saying that if only Kryten had had sandwiches instead of a glass of oil, the bill would only have been 180 dollarpounds.

By this point, Kryten has sneaked off back to Red Dwarf, leaving the others to pay for his meal. How much did they have to pay for his oil?

Flap Jack
    Participant

Spare Head 1 has the virus.

OK, that’s enough work for one day.

cwickham
    Participant

SHOCKWAVE

I fall off my chair in shock that someone actually answered one of those, let alone correctly.

Dave
    Participant

TIMWAVE

Martin Freeman guest stars in a 90-minute special in which his character from The Office somehow shows up on board Red Dwarf. With hilarious consequences.

TIMNICEBUTDIMWAVE

Harry Enfield reprises his 90s sketch comedy character for a 90 minute Red Dwarf special. Everyone complains that the episode just spends 90 minutes laughing at a poor, undereducated old man.

cwickham
    Participant

MATHS IN THE RED PART FORTY-THREE

There are a row of four differently coloured dispensers Rimmer and Lister need to fix, numbered 60, 62, 64 and 66, all dispensing different things.

The chicken soup dispenser isn’t at either end.

The yellow dispenser has a higher number than the raspberry cordial dispenser.

Dispenser 64 is coloured green. (Incidentally, one of the other dispensers is brown.)

The orange juice dispenser is between the blue dispenser and Dispenser 66.

Which number is the milkshake dispenser?

cwickham
    Participant

I DREAM OF JEANNIE FOR AN EPISODE

Ill-advised retool where Lister becomes commander of a genie who falls in love with him.

Dave
    Participant

WAVEWAVE

A montage of all the times characters have waved at one another throughout Red Dwarf history, presented via a framing sequence in which Lister says, “he Kryters, remember all those times we waved at each other?” at the beginning, and then at the end Kryten says “oh yes Mr Lister sir”.

Viewing 100 posts - 9,001 through 9,100 (of 12,282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.