Forum Replies Created

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 842 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • in reply to: Russell Two Davies #327995
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    So that new beebies carton doctor travels with a talking toaster. Wonder where they got that Idea? 

    in reply to: Armstrong & Miller wrote Red Dwarf during the war #327223
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Those are all great sketches you listed, I did like them especially the “it’s pissing it down” movie, like a low rent Twister. 

    I’m enjoying the cop duo Parsons & Lampkin… and Parsons mate Steve. Like the professionals or Starsky & Hutch and then a bloke just tagging along from the all night garage. 

    in reply to: Armstrong & Miller wrote Red Dwarf during the war #327222
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Yeah we all know Craig Charles didn’t write Red Dwarf. Richard O’callaghan did. 

    in reply to: Armstrong & Miller wrote Red Dwarf during the war #327215
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I don’t think so. “It doesn’t really go anywhere” is an astute criticism of their early work for sure. There are bits that baffle me to what they find funny. Their nude vets sketches feels now rather Austin powers, but at the time was probably sub hale & pace to be honest.   I’ve seen series 4 and nothing carry’s on in that but I havnt seen the final episode of this series 3 yet in its full broadcast lenght. 

    in reply to: Titan: Part 5 & Epilogue – SPOILERS #325226
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    How wonderful that the copies signed by Andrew marshal on sale have a printed Rob signature that ties In by calling it “signed by quantum pen one universe to the left”.  ❤️ 

    in reply to: Titan: Prologue & Part 1 – SPOILERS #325001
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Last observation from me this afternoon as I’m I’m hogging these threads while everyone’s reading or out working or nursing football defeat hangovers. Red Dwarf now encompasses Felicity Kendall’s Bottom and (chapter 23 – Cilia’s Arse) 

    in reply to: Titan: Part 5 & Epilogue – SPOILERS #325000
    Jonsmad
    Participant


    Forget the reverse brothers the  whole magi-vegas act mullet fest conjoured up cheese the like of which Carzon could have taken home.


    “ungerzogenerjunge” – German for Naughty Boy. Chris Barrie really earning his money on this one! 

    in reply to: Titan: Prologue & Part 1 – SPOILERS #324999
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Head Cannon: The rich descendants of Thickie Holden formed the basis of Titans early colonists who named the main settlement after their greatx ancestors favourite song.  

    in reply to: Titan: Part 5 & Epilogue – SPOILERS #324998
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    in reply to: Titan: Part 5 & Epilogue – SPOILERS #324997
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Do you think Rob passed not knowing about Frank (VIII) & Doug won’t read Randolph, I mean why would he. 

    in reply to: Titan: Part 5 & Epilogue – SPOILERS #324996
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Captain Kirk, Frank, Randolph, Dennis & Tau we now have as many Captains as classic Star

    Trek.  (Not counting Paxo, Emerald, Chloroform, Sadness, Yawn, Bollocks & Space Adventurer) or that Prat Oates. 

    in reply to: Titan: Prologue & Part 1 – SPOILERS #324995
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Rimmer impersonating a Hologram after a Honda Collison – Fucking Hilarious. Love it.  

    in reply to: Titan: Part 5 & Epilogue – SPOILERS #324994
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I do absolutely adore that this novel starts with Lister in that post break up period. It sort of almost slots into perfectly into a time line in “Infinity” where there is a gap. Of course we are one universe away from Kirk female captain joke maybe as well as one from the TV universe. The conversation of Lister as too big a project and Eric the rebound (Tim In Doug’s universe! Another example we can enjoy of great minds that didn’t get on at the end, still thinking alike) I love. It’s realistic that Lister isn’t with her, while the care is deep, they are each others life experience. 

    I think we have to think that if Rob never saw Doug Dwarf, there can be GRANT-TV universe as well as a DOUG-ALL-TV universe.

    in reply to: Titan: Part 5 & Epilogue – SPOILERS #324993
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Just reading the excellent spoiler free review

    page. Thanks again for making the online part of the experience of release day Ian. 

    I thought it best to debate Kochanski here at the end of the book, rather than there. You says she is an independent character and you aren’t the first to post that opinion. She does indeed get her own chapters here. But I personally find her underwritten in this book, Rob makes her Yorkshire and forthright which was a shock given her Scottish actress start was backed up in other books and Doug of course mostly makes her a class above Lister all the more in Series VII. But then I don’t feel the character really comes across as that different origin without out much dialogue. I don’t quite get how her friendship with Themis has lead to her courageous arc of saving her, the thread feels half baked to me. Equally her wedding dilema is all tell rather than her charcter having much interaction to show what’s going on. Maybe she needed a character from the hen night to interact a bit more. The four main characters, Holly and Peterson get a good stab of things. She gets about the same as holister. This is based on one sporadic reading so maybe I will see more on a second pass. But I think Doug did more originally with her as a lead, TV and novel.

    in reply to: Titan: Part 5 & Epilogue – SPOILERS #324989
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Ah what a total disappointment ending. 

    Lorraine Kelly telling me about Kids who can’t read. I mean that’s a total curve ball. Get the kids to read Infinity for gods sake thats what we all did growing up! How can you end an audio book like that.

    I can see what the thing was here. A sequel. I may give wiggle room to the opinion that Andrew could if Rob had jotted ideas etc could complete this with one more book and done deal. Before that ending I was 100% against someone not Grant Naylor having that. 

    But I’ve zero idea about rights, Rob’s wishes and family, Doug’s take etc etc. As I enjoyed the book it just adds one final sorrow onto a pile of regret of Robs passing. It makes me super unlikely to revisit this book more than once more now, to hear it from Chris in full. 

    Such a shame. It’s not totally bad in that it takes it up to just before the accident. But it sucks by circumstance I guess. Maybe dwarf always does, what with the missing movie and the cancelled Dave era special/s   Sigh.  Even previous novel weren’t so great at endings. From such a high. To a damp squib.  Sigh. The Ron Grant version of entangled, great ideas crammed in and a total crap ending. 

    RIP Rob. I do love the shore leave alternative Romp. I love you came back to one last Dwarf story. I love ultimately that it was a novel and just its own thing. Your lister goes on to save all universes. I am sure. 

    in reply to: Titan: Part 5 & Epilogue – SPOILERS #324985
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    So lister ends up with agoraphobic back story in both creators solo universes.

    in reply to: Titan: Part 5 & Epilogue – SPOILERS #324983
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Where’s Chen & Selby? Can’t be floor 13

    locked up as that’s not Rob Cannon. 

    Drunk on the floor of Parrots then? 

    in reply to: Titan: Prologue & Part 1 – SPOILERS #324976
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    In my imagination I’ve cast a young 1988 robert as Carson, and made him more human like in the head department the way Gordon kenedy looked as hudzen

    in reply to: Titan: Part 5 & Epilogue – SPOILERS #324974
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I shall be using the fact that…. both Doug Naylor & Rob Grant both bought back Duane together in Emohawk, then separately in Back In The Red and now Titan as just a pathetic disguise the last time out…..as proof that they are both about the same level as solo writers. FACT.  Everyone who ever wrote “Rob was the funny one” or “Bring back Rob he was better than Doug” etc as a criticism of anything post 96 Red Dwarf, can now fuckity dibbley sod the fuck off for ever.

    in reply to: Titan: Part 4 – SPOILERS #324973
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I fucking love the meta Norm revel, so glad he didn’t go so far to call him Lovett. I heard it revealed by Chris Barrie’s gangster voice impression which was perfectly not norm.

    What is Chris’s Ingrid voice supposed to be ??? It sounds like Eric Morecambe to me! Might have to ask him about that at the convention this weekend. I really want to see him do the new leg salute, that bit had me grinning hugely.  

    in reply to: Titan: Prologue & Part 1 – SPOILERS #324970
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I’m bloody loving this book. I love that there is new Red Dwarf. That’s great. Then it’s full length Rob Grant something we haven’t had since the mId 90s. And it’s a novel we equally havnt had that also for such a long time. A co author and an alt prequel all of that’s fascinating. The biggest wow is something of an answer to the question what would rob write now? What would it be like. That is a question we’ve now got a feel for. It’s also his last gift. 

    Ultimately this book which I’m 95% through when writing this, has fascinated and thrilled me. More than I expected to be honest. I like it more than Strangerers and colony by a nose, both of which I like more Quanderhorn or any other solo work, so it’s the best solo Rob Grant since Backwards for me. 

    Like a lot of modern movies like ghostbusters afterlife etc I feel a bit of fan service referencing and the prequel setting makes it feel modern. It’s very strange that some things get a mention from modern life put into this future setting that dwarf universes hadn’t before. Like a photon phone etc.  I will not get  bogged down though into any cannon continuity because of the “one universe to the side” being a catch all for me. 

    I find the lister and Rimmer stuff very funny very joyous new character bickering. I love nearly all of it and “lavender tang” is already a catchphrase in my garden now. 

    So he’s my first note for the dwarf cast book club. We get a new mech character who is clear a Kryten sub. But I also love the fact he differs with the concept just a little, especially in his fresh take on judging Rimmer and coming to similar conclusions. 

    Admirable Chrichton a play and movie about a butler gave us – Kryten.  We have Downton Abbey to thank for Mr Carson the butler giving us Carzon. 

    in reply to: What do you expect from Titan? #324092
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    To be perfectly honest I’m not especially gripped by the alternate reality angle

    I felt a bit that way. Then I felt it was ok because if it wasn’t any good it didn’t harm anything in the main shows history. Then I remembered that the books are a seperate continuity. Then finally I listened this week to Rob Grant reading Backwards on the audio book. Which has really set me up well for this new book. Backwards in his voice really does write something I enjoy and recognise as Red Dwarf but also so much of its is an entirely different universe version of “Backwards/Dimension Jump / Bits of Justice.” By the end of that listen I felt Dwarf embraces alternate timelines and Dimensions so much, that this new branch is really just pa for the course. Im really ready for Rob’s next

    and final branch of red dwarf as a whole. 

    Over all im expectant of liking it as much as I like Colony, and a little bit more. Backwards has made me more excited that I like Rob solo stuff, and this having a unique helper should only aid more invention. I see it as another separate branch of the TV show alternate history rather than connected to previous novels. 

    in reply to: Jonathan Creek’s Last Misdirection #322376
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Yes I’ve got that book as well. 

    Now I’m reading the play, it incorporates a few episodes into the script like it picks best bits to re do, and it’s now clear that Katherine Parkinson’s Nurse character in “The Grinning Man”’is also a re-write of Maddy returning as a character. So that’s twice she’s been hiding in episodes for years. What a ghost! 

    in reply to: Russell Two Davies #322364
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Dear Dr who Fans 

    Stop moaning about having to go multiple years without the possibility of a new episode, while retaining some hope with vague possibilities of a future that the various creators say could happen but can’t say when. 

    Lots of Love

    A load of Red Dwarf Fans

    in reply to: Russell Two Davies #322363
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I hate how fucked up Doctor lineups are now. 

    It’s an impossible situation, the best solution of which is possibly to only count the regular lead actors of the series who are the doctor. Making it 14. 

    Sure 16 if you want War & Fugitive to count as on screen portrayals. Personally if those two count then the valeyard and dream lord and things start to get near the line as does Morbius pictures and whole host of chibnal cameos, and it’s unworkable already.  


    What about Cushing?  


    Oh well yeah the complication of Cushing goes with out saying but apart from War,Fugitive, Morbius, Richard E grants head, Rowan Atkinson, Bradley, Hurndall, and Lenny Henry on Comic Relief what doctor who’s would need to be mentioned. 

    Gattis? Piper? 


    No fuck off now that sounds like a brand of Potato.



    in reply to: The Classic Doctor Who Thread (1963 to 1989/1996) #317286
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I’m not as big a fan of doctor who as I am of Red Dwarf, because predominantly I am a comedy fan and thats my watch time. So therefore I’m not massively into who fandom as a thing either, and the many issues it has, because I feel really I’m at the very edge only occasionally looking. But yeah of course I’m aware of some this ^ persons attitudes/rants and some of those who are invested more in who fandom reactions to that, and I want to say early I’m not posting about that in either regard. I’m only perhaps controversially, (but not intentionally) posting about the fact I personally don’t find AI a complete abomination in this regard as many do. For sure it grates elsewhere a tiny bit, I don’t defend as much as  I just have a truth that it’s given me enjoyment in completing this (more minor than most) interest I have in this show in its entirety.


    I own classic who on dvd, so it has been a journey and some are faves and the majority have been more one watch tick list viewing for me and I’ve never yet got around to watching the show in order, like I know our Ian S  has done with a brilliant blog. I may do that one day. I may read much more of that blog too if it’s still around. 
    Some of the stuff pre baker definitely bored the arse off me, was ropey, drawn out, laughable or at least by the time I saw it so late in the day, I wasn’t so able to embrace any of it the way Toby Hadoke say did on bbc breakfast this week, clearly such a big thing in his life! He gets it in a way I never will.


    Dr who was always a mixed bag I think most would agree. Even those with this deeper love of the show and its creatives. But despite the freaky weirdness of AI, I was at a point where cartoon efforts were slowly undeniably reinventing the experience of utilising soundtracks, with commercial uncertainty of approaches and timescales the result. Great as they were on the watch tick list, I still to this day havnt got around to owning all of those ones.
    neither was the audio narrations enough  of a draw, for what are many lesser interesting stories.  I enjoyed the invasion animation etc but the toy maker certainly wasn’t what I wanted from that story, based on trailers, and it was one I had bothered to buy an audio CD of  as it peeked my interest during the era i bought these dvds. 


    Then the internet gave the previously VHS guarded world of loose cannon to fans in full but I still couldn’t manage to sit through all their brilliant static attempts to add visual story telling back through tele-snaps and more. Respectful ad they were and I do applaud them. AI may be worth the fear in future employment worlds and i fully get some reactions of it looking like dogshit when over used online in clips to some people who are demanding it now looks as good as real video, with all the subtlety of direction, actor nuance and such. Of course it doesn’t do that. But as a tool to just lift atmosphere of story telling and bring a vague sense of moment of movement to a lost element in real time, in the same way subtiltes tell a story quickly on screen etc. I found it good enough to complete my history of once watching this tv. 


    I can suspend reality with some dodgy movements just as much as I had to with a hand covered in bubblewrap being some really important disease say.  I’m a Douglas Adams fan much bigger than I am the rest of doctor who he didn’t touch so AI Shada is probably my fave version to be honest, and that’s a story than along with red dwarf I care about so much I had it quoted at me wedding 


    So it’s wonderful wonderful news that two more episodes will be viewable again in the best possible way this April. When it feels like a much better revisiting for me of that story that’s because a lot of elements including AI gave me a familiar sense of it before I viewed these discoveries for the first time. I think there is an inevitability to this approach and although I’ve not yet seen it in red dwarf fandom etc.* I think some year soon a fan will do Bodysnatcher etc. 


    ( * in fact amusingly I saw a red dwarf commodore 64 game go online today, isn’t that the mostly timely counterpoint to this.) 


    I think Dalek masterplan is an excellent romp of a story and fan service of the show first time since the second Dalek story Returned a fave enemy. 

    in reply to: Zombie Apache – film featuring Craig Charles #316225
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    So this film is now Free to Prime members (sitting through 2 minutes of adverts first) in the UK. So I attempted to watch it…
    Here’s a few words so you don’t have to suffer as much as I did!!  … It’s shit. Don’t bother.  
    …
    But… If like me you happen to be a dwarf fan that’s a bit curious about what we all expected to be a trash B movie I think. Then read on perhaps. It’s 2 out 10 if it’s trying to be like things like Sean of the dead. It’s not a zombie movie, more a supernatural slasher tale its not even a Temu version of “Prey” it fails to be anything near Fargo or Twin peaks in it small US town law man narrative. It’s just too dam wacky, low budget, terrible acting, writing misguided at times, moronic comedy. 
    Then Craig isn’t so bad in his scenes, as Old Joe a scouser who married a Native American woman who’s since passed on, so he has become a wind talker in her Traditions, sitting wisely whittling in his rocking chair. Barely appearing in first 40 minutes, he becomes a sarcastic reluctant hero in the films last half hour of its short 76 minutes (Still too long!) 
    Craig gets an executive credit, and only really interacts with one actor, the sherif character, so you get a glimpse of a film that could have been a 4 out 10 spoof of things like cabin in the woods had they had more money or talent. 
    Still curious, then Craig is in first 4 minutes* and short chair scenes at 19, 28 and 45 minute mark. But really skip the terrible side characters stuff and watch the wood show down with the films axe monster thing, as Old Joe & The Sherif survive in the wild from the 50 Minute mark.  
    * Smile and think of Bodyswap. 
    Leave the film in a Cherokee burial mound, never return.
















     







    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I saw episode 2 on air first broadcast on television and I’ve pushed past fifty. Didn’t see an audience record though until Entangled. 

    Jonsmad
    Participant

    So in the timeline where Kryten is chosen to be erased, The Inquisitor had also just erased useless John Warburton, and we end up seeing the shake down of the non event of the Mamet & Murray Wedding!! 

    Thanks for the new head cannon. :-) 

    in reply to: Do you guys think Rob is still working? #312802
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Do you think Rob minds that Doug’s idea is also a parallel reality prequel?

    I wouldn’t personally be surprised IF its like this. What Rob has said of Titan is that its set on Titan before Lister is onboard Red Dwarf. So it has to be before The events of The End. Doug then thinking of what that means decides he would like to do alternate time line story that includes revisiting things right back to the very start of The End and possibly slightly before it in order to stake out exactly where the line that cant be crossed in rights actually is using a young craig charles lister performance character to do it.  Then the fence is even more clearly set than it currently is, with Doug having a bit of pre The End on board ship life to play with. 

    in reply to: Do you guys think Rob is still working? #312711
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Yes, I think he is. He’s working on a Red Dwarf prequel and possibly more, and based on what’s been said he has the rights to that for a small number of future years, currently. Yes its been a couple of decades since he was commissioned to release Television, and a few years since his Radio work and Novels were released, but he’s in development work which may lead to something. There is always bluster of talking things up. I dont really want a Rob update until he has product. He’s not made any retirement statement to my knowledge. Good luck to him. 

    in reply to: Robert Llewellyn has updated his Substack #312341
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    The hitch hikers book – about tv series scripts and rarities also fell to this mess of business bastards. With no updates yet on its survival. I don’t the blame author, or seek my lost money. Just want the future chance to buy it if ever finished 

    in reply to: The Alien – 1987 #312062
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    And the year before in the third year of the main show in 1986, executive script edited by Rob & Doug comes the Star Tek Sketch. 

    “Its mission to go round and round until everyone knows each episode off by heart… 
    new generations to wear silly ears at conventions.”

    Oh 1984 Doug, if only you knew the world  2025 Doug would be regularly appearing in!!!!  

    “According to tricorder There is life on this planet. Above the level of vegetables but below PE Teachers.” 
    Turns out jokes can live long and prosper. 

    in reply to: RD Series I – XIII Boxset #312026
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I had quite a few vhs box sets. So didn’t need DVD until Red Dwarf 1 came. Which is about the 5th year of DVDs being a thing. Nothing came out that was blu ray exclusive in my needs until the hitch hikers set, which i coveted and eventually got as late as 2020 when I moved in with my future wife who had a player in the house. Since then young ones & blackadder have joined my must have list on the format. But it’s more a format for film and quality buffs, not tv geeks that don’t mind streaming crappy vhs uploads etc, where it’s about seeing and hearing a joke or drama and not the amazement of pixels. I have almost zero vhs now and no player. The conversion of my dvd collection to Blu-ray is both impossible, expensive and mostly pointless. So it’s a select interest for a few other sets or films that might benefit me owning them on the format. Hence not needing to rush to get this dwarf box sets either. But I like it and one day more cheaply I might grab it. 

    in reply to: Red Dwarf To Stream On Channel 4 #312003
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Buy the box set and the audible audio and download from google play, prime or youtube as well just incase it’s all removed from iplayer, U, ITVX premium britbox  & 4!   When’s it coming to channel 27

    in reply to: Red Dwarf To Stream On Channel 4 #312002
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    in reply to: The Official Red Dwarf Convention 2025 #311507
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    BTW. If you haven’t seen the part of the site. It’s 1,000 capacity.   /. 250 gold, 250 silver, 250 bronze, 150 standard weekend. With 50 standard day tickets. With presumably a few complimentary event people making up the last 50 in that total. 

    in reply to: The Official Red Dwarf Convention 2025 #311502
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    See you in Nottingham Si. I went for Bronze also.  


    I am pretty happy as a fan who has already met & got the signatures of the main cast previously. My hope is for a signature of someone I’ve not met from the show before, and enjoying all the Q&A’s. That £120 will get me that at not much more than the last DJ I attended. I am getting old so I’m a bit less interested in the noisy drinking party night too, so will decide if that’s worth it, when announced later.  If it ends up being them selling Craig as a funk & soul night drawing some separate crowd. Again I’ve seen that a few times. So party on everyone. 

    I applaud Doug for his involvement in this, I hope he gets some £ , five years on from his last TV contract. It does sound as if now uk tv are going to scrap the storage cost of some of the Dave era stuff they kept. He may be using this auction and event to keep that stuff out of skips and liquidate, create revenue, push  it into the hands of the kind of fans who can afford to treasure it so it’s preserved. I feel it’s time for that moment. It may even help something in the future. Those who can’t afford to buy will get to see some of this stuff as a  bow at this event and a bit more. 


    I’m thankful there is an event, and a range of entry prices. Five years on from any DJ activity. 


    That said, this appearing two streets away from

    The last Dimension Jump venue and loudly proclaiming its “first” or “official ness” has definitely drawn the attention of a lot of old school fan crowd , the culture shock of Em-corp-con-ifacatiom. Both organisers and fans have been proclaiming at length “It’s not DJ” . This culture shock is palatable still.  It’s possibly one last tribute to everyone who made dimension jump so affordable and special & inclusive for decades. Look at the missing quiz, game show, all fans together feeling, the sheer brilliance of their agreements and all for one price promise. It was all Legendary: Yes this Clearly isn’t DJ!!!!  It’s a world away from that . At nearly five times the cost top level it doesn’t fully match what even the last DJ was let alone the most legendary ones: 


    Anyone ranting that is totally valid dashing of expectations. We as fans used to criticise DJ also after all, sometimes it deserved it and some times it didn’t. We watch a show where shouting “Smeg” is what we do. This smegging ain’t DJ & there is no DJ. That’s where we are at. Rant on fans. Good luck Official Convention.  See you in Notts


    in reply to: The Official Red Dwarf Convention 2025 #311484
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    In perhaps a tad premature statement given the announced guests so far, The What’s On page says that you can “Get your favorite Red Dwarf merchandise signed by Chris Barrie (Rimmer), Craig Charles (Lister), Danny John-Jules (The Cat), and Robert Llewellyn (Kryten)”

    That whole page is placeholder text from the website design stage.   There is 1 guest described as Headliner elsewhere so I think that’s likely Craig yeah, but wait and see. 

    in reply to: Doug has updated a petition maker on how television works #311418
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    “Someone set up a change.org petition to revive red dwarf? and Doug (or Doug’s agents) has told them not to? and they didn’t understand the subtlety of the message and kept it up?”

    Yes. It’s hard isn’t it. This happens often in my music world, people petitioning to get Madness a Brit Award. Without the understanding of how things work within an industry, just the idea that people power is just and only a question of being a few clicks away, when not everything is a public poll like a big brother phone in.  I saw it an eye rolled too, because there is money being taken to promote the page etc. No one doubts that the fan or fans involved are right along with us, the collective that would like what the cast and Doug want, which is this next special to happen. But we just know this kind of drum banging will peter out. It was the contribution to promote that changed my goodwill on this.  Other than that, it’s nice to show fans still care. I thought Dougs message was the best kind of Polite response. 


    in reply to: The Most Disliked Episode 1 #311373
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    And as your saying multiple turns are allowed. I’m saving Baxter also. Saw Ricky as a stand up when i was a 90s student he’s great, and he’s in Black Books. Baxter is a recurring character in series 8. He is probably the dwarfer who comes after Mac and Tony Hawks as recurring. (and that voice bloke in 12) 


    MP Thornton

    Doc Newton

    Doctor

    Panel Woman Officer

    Second Woman Officer

    Last Woman Officer

    First Ground Controller

    Second Ground Controller

    Guard (Cassandra)

    Mex

    Young Kochanski

    Young Cat

    Talia

    Big Meat

    in reply to: The Most Disliked Episode 1 #311372
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I can’t not save Knot.    Shend is a “small role in things” legend. He’s in loads of great stuff. Including being a band member in Knowing Me Knowing you with Alan Partridge. His Red Dwarf death is great, love it.    

    MP Thornton

    Doc Newton

    Doctor

    Panel Woman Officer

    Second Woman Officer

    Last Woman Officer

    First Ground Controller

    Second Ground Controller

    Guard (Cassandra)

    Mex

    Young Kochanski

    Young Cat

    Baxter

    Talia

    Big Meat

    in reply to: The Most Disliked Episode 1 #311061
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    A Save for Krysis is a save for the whole universe.

    I’m weeping for Entangled. Saw the best of it recorded live.

    So that’s a lose for Jeremy Beadles Shower Porn VHS.

    Next round…

    in reply to: Maid Marian & Her Merry(ish) Mechanoids #311009
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Just so Dr Who fans don’t feel left out…

    in reply to: Maid Marian & Her Merry(ish) Mechanoids #311008
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Here’s the full double page spread where king John is imagining the scene that a mad Gary the guard has proclaimed “The aliens are coming” you’ll spot more familiar characters. & The pose’ are flying in in Starbug. 

    in reply to: The Most Disliked Episode 1 #310992
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I’m saving The Clitoris 


    Ouroboros

    Back in the Red Part 3

    Lemons

    Timewave

    in reply to: Doug Reddit AMA #310703
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    I’m liking this talk of something live for the 40th. 

    When red dwarf live was previously a topic I used to fantasise something as meta as Still Game live at the hydro was, where characters talk to the audience but still carry on a full believable narrative world you care about with full sets and actions. Plays to 20,000 people a night. 

    Now it’s later. I’m envisaging something much nearer to the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy radio show  live tour. Script reading with some minor staging and props and hats. Something much nearer the cost effective celebration of the recent fast show live tour. Age appropriate and not over stretching show legacy. Each actor comes on stage as themselves for a chat about making the show and its inspirations before donning a costume for a short greatest hit sketch moment. More arrive as the evening goes on until it’s an ensemble musical finish & bow. Plays to multiple touring theatres of a few Thousand. Without old actors having to stumble too much. A worthy cash injection late in life and warm nostalgia for an aged audience a lot of which will have never made it to a sci fi convention talk.  Still more character stuff than you ever get in an informal chat Q&A.

    in reply to: Doug Reddit AMA #310699
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    There’s nothing wrong with a new Doug novel continuing from not Last Human, but from The promised land. Or indeed a movie novel existing between Only the Good and Back to Earth. Even if it reuses anything from the beginning!!  In my opinion. 

    in reply to: Alien: Earth #310046
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Looks like some quality creative stagnation.

    What the show that two episodes in has new creatures, and is only copying the ship to match timeline setting before being set on “Earth”. Dont think so.

    Where all the characters are from Peter pan…. oh right yeah, ^ what he said, a bit, yeah. 

    in reply to: Alien: Earth #310045
    Jonsmad
    Participant

    Really enjoying it. 


    Please tell me that there will be a behind the scenes video where Adrian Edmondson is seen to twat a fully grown xenomorph in it’s long bonce with a frying pan, and then Michael Smiley will do the tyres dance in the background in celebration of it’s downfall, before walking off into the atmospheric crash smoke.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 842 total)