Profile Topics Started Replies Created Engagements Forum Replies Created Viewing 50 replies - 751 through 800 (of 842 total) 1 2 3 … 15 16 17 Author Replies April 11, 2009 at 12:04 pm in reply to: a good cliffhanger ending? #95796 JonsmadParticipant Yeah. I Gah!ed to. It didnt feel good that it ended abruptly or was finishing. So it was probably a good cliff hanger. I was expecting them to get to earth as the cliff hanger. April 11, 2009 at 10:54 am in reply to: Back to Earth – Will It have a Title Sequence? #95781 JonsmadParticipant So no one called this one then. Classic style clips intro, but with full credit names, a little american styled, kicking off the full logo over London! April 11, 2009 at 12:23 am in reply to: Opinions Elsewhere… #95761 JonsmadParticipant If I see any of the many positive ones there are around the net already, I’ll post the links here. For loads of negetive collected reviews visit http://www.normanlovetts-scrapbookhobby.com April 10, 2009 at 9:28 pm in reply to: There are currently 55 users and 117 guests online. #95746 JonsmadParticipant See. Everyone, you did need a cool red dwarf fan site afterall. :-) April 10, 2009 at 11:54 am in reply to: Norm’s post-Dwarf tell-all #95684 JonsmadParticipant He’s probably already written it Dax101. April 10, 2009 at 11:36 am in reply to: Back to Earth in-character retail vids! #95682 JonsmadParticipant I’ve pre-ordered. Rimmer sounded like he meant business. Where as Lister just lost play some money with his amature smegged up effort. April 9, 2009 at 11:03 pm in reply to: Just over 4 days to go!! #95606 JonsmadParticipant There is a new episode of Red Dwarf on Television today. I declare the previous sentance open for use. April 9, 2009 at 9:37 pm in reply to: ‘We will never make a series IX but I hope to make a series X’ #95590 JonsmadParticipant Sounds to me like Series IX features within the world or worlds or headfucks with in Red Dwarf: Back to Earth. Maybe it’s Doug’s version of a Timewar. Either case I’d like to say Series IX was my favourite Red Dwarf. Do you think using that title on this thread is a bit spoilerish Teatime? Thanks for pointing the vid out though, great to see. April 9, 2009 at 9:14 pm in reply to: DJ DJJ #95586 JonsmadParticipant And Click Liverpool promise a full interview with Danny over the bank Holiday weekend. April 9, 2009 at 8:11 pm in reply to: Just over 4 days to go!! #95581 JonsmadParticipant First in the viewing room. April 9, 2009 at 4:04 pm in reply to: Absolute Radio – 4 Part Behind the Scenes #95520 JonsmadParticipant Brittas dressed as Rimmer, it that a first? ha ha. April 9, 2009 at 3:19 pm in reply to: MUSIC in specials – small news here #95509 JonsmadParticipant You can hear the full track on their myspace page. There is a fine line between ambient / experimental / and bollocks isnt there. But it’s more about hearing which part has been used in context i’m sure that was used because it fits. They seem to be riffing on Dave Ansell’s use of “Magnificent” in the seminal ska classic intro to double barrel, which I last saw him reprise in person at the dance brigade at the 100 club. April 9, 2009 at 3:04 pm in reply to: More press – news on this evening’s premiere… #95505 JonsmadParticipant “Busty Gemma”, The sun’s coverage of this is making Dave’s T-shirted promo girls look a little more 1981 now in comparison to their 70’s year zero fascination with breasts featuring in the story. Could have at least used a Katerina picture, and then it would have been on topic. April 9, 2009 at 2:52 pm in reply to: Hey, Costumes! #95504 JonsmadParticipant Im now thinking the fan extra “howard” was at berkley yesterday but I didnt realise at the time it was him from this footage, if im not mistaken. April 9, 2009 at 1:16 pm in reply to: Norm’s post-Dwarf tell-all #95484 JonsmadParticipant I almost understand his bitterness against not being in the show, but his direction against everyone as if they should take his side is just utterly low. He should be nice, but if he cant be, he should only be mad at not being included, shouldnt be taking it out on the cast, I hope they never ring him again, I hope he never comes to DJ and I hope red dwarf fans stop going to his comedy shows that he constantly plugs as Norm from the dwarf. And i’d like Red Dwarf to make a short online episode called “holly Re-booted” in which the crew manage to turn Holly back on and it’s chris barrie in a bald wig, and fake nose, doing a norm impression and Holly starts moaning like a bitter bastard about Lister, Kryten and Rimmer and so they promgramme quegg back to erase him forever properly this time and reset holly permanently as hattie. April 9, 2009 at 1:55 am in reply to: POSSIBLY SPOILERY Back To Earth predictions #95428 JonsmadParticipant “Space corp directive (insert number here) clearly states that…” April 8, 2009 at 8:45 am in reply to: BBC News Clip *Spolier #95353 JonsmadParticipant A new cast interview here on the bbc too http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7962093.stm April 6, 2009 at 3:12 am in reply to: Look at Dave! #95140 JonsmadParticipant That countdown clock does so not dissapoint. Thanks G & T. Thang&t’s April 4, 2009 at 8:20 pm in reply to: Back to Earth. Pre-Order at Play. #95047 JonsmadParticipant Yeah could be Katerina on the spine, or that Malfunction picture of Holly! ha ha Or a small picture of carbug. April 4, 2009 at 3:39 pm in reply to: Back to Earth. Pre-Order at Play. #95037 JonsmadParticipant Over 60 minutes of extras. April 4, 2009 at 3:34 pm in reply to: OK, who broke the site? #95035 JonsmadParticipant I have the internet at home it’s sort of black shoe box size with a red button on it. It doesnt look broken to me. March 28, 2009 at 7:18 pm in reply to: Nice NEC picture #94681 JonsmadParticipant So there going to be stormtroopers in Dwarf in Corination street. We can start Triple cross over rumours now. March 23, 2009 at 2:12 pm in reply to: Series 2 #94448 JonsmadParticipant Sandstormcast? is that another forum’s production? March 23, 2009 at 1:44 pm in reply to: Oh, ha ha #94446 JonsmadParticipant What about Jack Dock-hurty? March 18, 2009 at 9:43 pm in reply to: New banner #94140 JonsmadParticipant First time I’d seen the new pic’s was in the banner. And it looked cool. March 18, 2009 at 9:38 pm in reply to: Genius Starts on BBC2 Friday #94139 JonsmadParticipant I think 2 episodes out of the 6 are with New people who never did the radio show. I dont know if that means they will have all new ideas to judge or they are replacing someone else. March 18, 2009 at 3:27 am in reply to: Guess the Ratings for ‘Back to Earth’ #94055 JonsmadParticipant What ratings did that Blackadder documentary get on G.O.L.D ? I’d like dwarf to get better than that, as the bbc seemed to want to copy that following the ratings sucess. 1.8 million. March 18, 2009 at 3:21 am in reply to: Genius Starts on BBC2 Friday #94053 JonsmadParticipant Do you mean Dave Ja vu? March 18, 2009 at 3:11 am in reply to: What’ll the ship be like? #94052 JonsmadParticipant Dont they have a new visual fx person on the show though, that did farscape? We Will get a new CGI created version for 2009 based on that surely. March 16, 2009 at 10:04 pm in reply to: Genius Starts on BBC2 Friday #93939 JonsmadParticipant Dont know what happened there, only posted once. February 15, 2009 at 4:40 pm in reply to: Massive G&T Complaint! Heads WILL roll! Cue The Funeral Trumpet!! #91650 JonsmadParticipant the lips you never kiss with. October 12, 2008 at 10:16 pm in reply to: It’s Saturday night! #86004 JonsmadParticipant I only enjoyed the Born Free Nelson Mandella ella ella ella my umbrella meledy. But then I’m a specials fan. 2 up 2 down raised a laugh at first but not sustained. Over all a pretty dissapointing over long sketch. Kay’s done better. October 11, 2008 at 9:57 pm in reply to: Blackadder: The Whole Rotten Saga #85982 JonsmadParticipant http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/jan/29/books.booksnews October 10, 2008 at 11:13 pm in reply to: Blackadder: The Whole Rotten Saga #85966 JonsmadParticipant Enjoyable comments, but yeah nothing new. What really was wank though, was Howard Goodall quite rightly making comments about how in Blackadder II the end credits were a fun extra thing that on todays TV would be replaced with a resized advert box telling you about what is on next. And then despite the documentary being a celebration of this show, they go and put a big logo and “up next the royle family” animated box over the dramatic final scene from goes forth, I know we’ve all seen it loads before, but it rather detracts from the point being made at the time about it, after some nice footage of the original take at full and normal speed. And then equally the show squashes the end tapistry graphics credits in the very same manner lament earlier. I found the recaps after each ad break annoying also. They clearly didnt expect anyone to be tuned in hour the whole 2 hours. The played footage of the filming on Back an forth as if it was filming of Blackadder II, and the rehearsal footage of Goes Forth was good, I hadnt seen that, but is was used pretty sparsely. September 29, 2008 at 12:06 am in reply to: Things we WOULD like to see in the New Dwarf Specials. #85138 JonsmadParticipant I think John is right, It would be good for these specials to play to anyone as opposed to just an audience that has looked in detail at the previous archs of story or cliffhangers. Backwards, Tikka to Ride, and Back in the red all dug themselves out of continuity holes, some more quickly or sucessfully than others, based on the comments people say about each. I’m not too bothered about this cliff hanger being resolved. There is the least to resolve this time around possibly with just who is alive, on what ship to set up being the important thing, which the episode would do pretty much anyway by it exsisting. It’s like we already have a part resolution to that cliffhanger now we know there is new dwarf coming. We know the “smeg it is” was right and we think we know there is a rimmer, lister, Kryten and Cat possibly more alive some where and somewhen in some reality. With a 9 or 10 year time gap in real time, why not pull a time war :-) They could have the Stasis Skirmish. They could explain continuity on the website in an article or comic, for fans that had a deep desire for an official explanation of such things. September 28, 2008 at 11:42 pm in reply to: Let’s all love each other long time. #85135 JonsmadParticipant Everyone on Ganymede & Titan, I think I E5 A9 08 B7 you all.* * (In Z80012, using hex, and converting to a basic ASC-2 code and via googling http://www.reddwarf.nildram.co.uk/txt/camille.txt) September 25, 2008 at 6:08 pm in reply to: Things we WOULD like to see in the New Dwarf Specials. #84949 JonsmadParticipant >I don?t think Red Dwarf would lend itself to reinvention like Doctor Who has. >Besides, the only time Red Dwarf tried to reinvent itself (Remastered) and it got >criticised by everyone. So you dont see the changes between the first two series and III or the further differences in VI or more startling changes in VII and VIII as reinvention then? September 23, 2008 at 7:13 pm in reply to: Things the new Red Dwarf should avoid #84804 JonsmadParticipant That’s a very true post from you Andrew about most fandom circles. It’s the same in the band fandom circles I move in, there are disscusions of set lists often with just as small an audience focus without ever mentioning the more casual or genuine large number of fans enjoying the subject with less microscope analysis or regularity, but still taking genuine joy in the subject. Fan’s in the middle of things tend to often think their voice is more informed but forget they are surrounded by ring upon ring of audience that the producer of the subject is just as interested in pleasing, or targeting. I hope the new dwarf specials bring even wider circles of interest to red dwarf. Andrew you look at the whole dartboard when others are talking just the bull. September 19, 2008 at 4:11 pm in reply to: The Hitch Hiker Trilogy by Douglas Adams. Now even more innacurate… #84632 JonsmadParticipant News of new Red Dwarf Specials confirmed today, and then this post about a hitch hikers book 6 written by someone else. I feel like i’ve just received the best tender blow job ever, and then imediately afterwards been whacked in the knackers with a pointy sledge hammer. Even if Fry was writing this or Dirk Maggs, it would still be the worst idea ever, to do another novel. It’s coming out in October they say. If they have any care about adams previous work at all then it should be hugely delayed, hopefully for as long as the great profit zarquon. Sadly it must be a different profit they are interested in though. September 14, 2008 at 11:40 pm in reply to: Quantum of Solace / Another Way To Die *Spoilers* #84328 JonsmadParticipant They should have got Stanley Rodgers in. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl_QWkvtCXI September 7, 2008 at 1:22 am in reply to: Lister’s triple fried egg sandwich with chili sauce and chutney #84092 JonsmadParticipant Has anyone submitted this to walkers crisps find a new flavour competition yet? And If we did, would GNP sue? September 6, 2008 at 3:45 pm in reply to: Jonathan Capps is a fucking cunt #84064 JonsmadParticipant Ah a spin off theme tune. Dedicated to Mr Capps. A Highly worthy variation on the main theme. September 6, 2008 at 3:09 pm in reply to: End of the World or just baseless fears #84062 JonsmadParticipant Can Iain Lee have a seperate singularity though. please. September 6, 2008 at 3:06 pm in reply to: When Dinosaurs Ruled Moon Zero Two! #84061 JonsmadParticipant I’m not a heathen, I was just more a fan of Moon Zero One/When Hasmters Ruled a small area of Milton Keynes. Sorry. September 5, 2008 at 7:21 pm in reply to: New Red Dwarf Episode Announced August 24th 2008 #84046 JonsmadParticipant Exciting stuff, I think. Obviously a special would be best, and a good one at that, but I’ve found all previous spin off stuff interesting from smeg up’s, documentarys, pbs adverts etc, to enjoy that if it’s the only new dwarf thing to make this point in history of the show. September 5, 2008 at 6:39 pm in reply to: Iain Lee is a fucking cunt #84044 JonsmadParticipant A little while back I mentioned on here that G&T’s Dwarfcasts had shown me how fan’s chatting together could sucessfully make entertaining amature entertainment, and that this inspired me in other web projects to get into podcasting. By linking to this shithingery podcast, I listened, I now also have a greater appreciation of how one semi-professional broadcaster can almost completely fail to achieve any entertainment value at all in the same media, and so I have gained a useful set of pointers on what to completely avoid when making podcasts. What I find funny about this is not so much the fact that he has… “googled cunt, taken supposed offence to being called one by a post here, and then only retaliated by just calling you all cunts”… as it is the fact that my knowledge of G&T’s prefered use of language and humour, especially in headlines, means that he probably couldnt have found anyone less likely to be offended by being called that word, and so Iain Lee calling you all cunts, is pretty much like him singing this websites theme tune. September 5, 2008 at 5:36 pm in reply to: End of the World or just baseless fears #84042 JonsmadParticipant Sounds like the plot of a dwarf or doomwatch you say… Well it’s the plot of an episode of Torchwood, due to air on radio, the same day as the experiment. August 24, 2008 at 4:29 pm in reply to: Absolutely aquires DVD Rights #83243 JonsmadParticipant I enjoyed the whole box set, hugely. Great entertainment Incidentily I’ve just been watching old dr who. The gunfighters. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MIqoIrbEKwA&feature=related And I’d have to say the saloon pianist heard at 0.34 onwards in this clip, sounds clever… so frightfully clever. August 10, 2008 at 10:33 pm in reply to: Best Documentary Piece? #83087 JonsmadParticipant I think you should put up an entirely new peice Andrew made from interview bits we havnt seen. :-) August 10, 2008 at 9:40 pm in reply to: WALL-E #83086 JonsmadParticipant Did I just really read the words “date rape” in a review of a kids robot movie? I’m not letting this guy anywhere near Bambi. Author Replies Viewing 50 replies - 751 through 800 (of 842 total) 1 2 3 … 15 16 17